Centurion requirements for helmets - decals

The new Centurion requirements for ANH stunt helmets state that "Tears/traps should be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painting" (emphasis mine). This last phrase leads me to assume that there are some decals that do emulate hand painting and some that don't.

I'm going to be ordering my helmet next week and the seller informed me that it does not come with decals. This is my very first kit and I don't trust myself with hand painting at this point - but I'm also building with an eye towards Centurion and would like to make sure that the bucket meets those requirements as closely as possible.

Who sells decals that are acceptable for this Centurion requirement?

Thanks in advance!

TK-4510 is who you seek. Take a good look at his site. Fantstic stuff and he is a pleasure to deal with to boot.

-----

I used the Dave M decals myself.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Can you paint over(trace) the black lines with a brush and paint? ya know... kinda give it a more human touch look? Also, can you paint over(trace) the blue tube stripes?

Can you paint over(trace) the black lines with a brush and paint? ya know... kinda give it a more human touch look? Also, can you paint over(trace) the blue tube stripes?

i don't really see why not, i would like to see somebody do it as an example ;)

Yeah you can I guess

I tried it bit felt the outside edges were always too perfect (as it's a decal) sadly I didn't take any pics.

Also it looks odd if you then try and make the outer edge look hand painted as it's got a weird 2 tier effect

I used a sharpie pen but paint might be better

That said, if you can paint that well, just go for it :)

I did the black border first

Then grey inside

I used a draftsmans bow pen for the lines

2 strips of masking tape and a ruler to do the lines

Peeled off the tape

Covered up the bleeds with 2 horizontal swipes of grey

Simple :)