BJ's TK build

Hi everybody! I've had some second-hand FX armor that I've been messing with for about 6 months now and I figure its about time to try and get it approved. The armor is FX, but the shoulder bells are ATA. I had to get new ones since the ones that came with my armor were chopped up too badly. The helmet is a modded EFX that I already had & figured it looked a lot better that the FX lid.

I've had to really shim the thighs so they'd fit, but my main concern is the back of the thighs were hacked up and are missing some details where the back of the knees are.

Please tell me what you think. Thanks!

CIMG5078.jpg

CIMG5079.jpg

CIMG5080.jpg

CIMG5081.jpg

CIMG5082.jpg

CIMG5083.jpg

CIMG5060.jpg

CIMG5054.jpg

CIMG5055.jpg

CIMG5052.jpg

CIMG5063.jpg

Looking good. Few thing's that I'd change if it were me. Cut a bit off the bottom of the chest piece so you can see all the ab details. Cut the back plate so it doesn't sit too low and cover alot of the kidney plate.

Entierly up to you of course. Just my 0.2

You probably will get approved as it is, but your GML will let you know. Were you going for a specific style or just generic Stormtrooper? The holster is an ESB style and should be on the right. However, if you're going ESB you'll need to paint the frown black too. The left shoulder bell looks like it can be trimmed further because I see the mold line. You could cut more off the chest and back but you'll need to re-form a return edge on them and that can be quite a bit more work. It's not really necessary but will increase the visual appearance. The helmet does look better than an FX. The thighs look ok to me.

For a little more accuracy, you will also want to drop that butt plate below the belt. This will also act to cover a bit more of the undersuit showing from behind. If you are going to keep this as ANH, get rid of the loops on the holster and attach it to the inside of the belt with two chicago screws.

Edited by TKRobert

As was said, you shouldn't have a problem getting GML approval, although it depends on your individual GML as some are more stringent than others. Best thing to do is engage him/her directly.

Having said that, there are a number of details about your suit that could be improved. Some have already been mentioned. Others include separating the kidney from the butt (i.e. cut your butt), swap out the ab buttons for accurately-sized (smaller) buttons, and it looks like your drop boxes can both be raised and brought in a bit.

Thanks for all the input guys! I really appreciate it!

I guess I'll have to trim off the bottom of the chest & back a little. I'll probably do that within the next few days.

I have a new accurate holster ordered and will attach it the ANH way when it arrives.

That left shoulder bell does need a little bit more trimming in the back. I'll have to take care of that. I can see it now.

The belt usually stays put in the right spot. I think I just didn't tighten it enough.

I cut the butt plate off, but I need to fix it lower so its under the back of the belt. That should be an easy fix.

I want everything to look as good as possible before I send pics to my GML. He's already told me he's just waiting for the submission.

Keep the comments coming! Thanks!

Hi Guys! I've trimmed the chest & back, lowered the belt, re-positioned the butt plate a little, trimmed the shoulder bells a little, and left off the holster. I should be getting my new holster any day now. Let me know what you think.

CIMG5123.jpg

CIMG5127.jpg

CIMG5128.jpg

CIMG5126.jpg

CIMG5124.jpg

CIMG5125.jpg

CIMG5115.jpg

CIMG5117.jpg

Thanks! :) I got the Chicago screws today to attach my holster. After I do that, I'll probably put some elastic straps under my arms to help keep the torso armor from moving around.

Lookin good! You got everything fixed from what I can see... and now i need to

get off my backside and put mine together so I can join the party! Happy Easter!

All those little adjustments really worked out well - congrats on getting your TK! :) Are those bicep straps 1" or 1.5" btw?

All those little adjustments really worked out well - congrats on getting your TK! :) Are those bicep straps 1" or 1.5" btw?

Thanks! The straps are 1 inch wide. Are they too small?