Jes Gistang - research thread

Stacey has an extra pair of Size 6 that has never been worn if any ladies need them.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

No problem!

No word yet on approval. I have submitted all the revisions that they have requested including an entirely new thermal detonator look. Still waiting to hear. I will post here as soon as I know either way. 

Hi guys - still patiently waiting with the rest of you for that magic seal of approval...

But in the mean time - I've been having a bit of fun in my costume that last couple of weeks!

Armageddon Expo down here in NZ - our equivalent of your comicon's - raising the buckets for NZ Child Cancer Foundation and the amount of positive feedback I got wearing Jes was amazing!

Not just the boys  ;)  but younger girls seeing a female trooper were loving it as well! I don't have a bucket at this stage so was enjoying that face time :P

post-21722-0-84348200-1415494263_thumb.jpg

post-21722-0-08981400-1415494292_thumb.jpg

post-21722-0-44591100-1415494307_thumb.jpg

post-21722-0-81732000-1415494325_thumb.jpg

post-21722-0-31363500-1415494332_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi guys - still patiently waiting with the rest of you for that magic seal of approval...

But in the mean time - I've been having a bit of fun in my costume that last couple of weeks!

Armageddon Expo down here in NZ - our equivalent of your comicon's - raising the buckets for NZ Child Cancer Foundation and the amount of positive feedback I got wearing Jes was amazing!

Not just the boys  ;)  but younger girls seeing a female trooper were loving it as well! I don't have a bucket at this stage so was enjoying that face time :P

You look great, and very natural leading a squad of TK's!

Re-Shooting Stacey today by request from the GML & LMO in order to have all the changes/modifications in 1 set of photos.

I will keep you posted.

What a first post! Looks fantastic. Yes, the little girls love it as much as the... ahem... dads. Shannon got plenty of attention at Zoo Atlanta, and I heard so many people exclaiming, "Oh look, a lady stormtrooper!"

And yes, we all need to see Stacey's armor approved. Today would be great...

Re-Shooting Stacey today by request from the GML & LMO in order to have all the changes/modifications in 1 set of photos.

I will keep you posted.

Don't trip over the red tape... or burn yourself jumping through that flaming hoop.

-Eric

• Like 1

Still no updates?

PjDlGAM.jpg?1

Oh my scruffy nerf herder! I check this post every single day waiting for this armor to be approved so that I can start on mine and get it right the first time. What could be taking so long!!!

The LMO just taking his time....

I check the GWL/GML section every day also...

Edited by neoakaj

Oh my scruffy nerf herder! I check this post every single day waiting for this armor to be approved so that I can start on mine and get it right the first time. What could be taking so long!!!

You can go ahead and start :)  With Kev's new backplate, we should be good to go.  Just needs to be finalized at this point, but I don't think any of us anticipates any changes.  Yet.

Anyone who thinks their armor is one-and-done is in for a nasty surprise after a couple troops.

Edited by bzb

Gah - having a little *face palm* moment reading through the approval thread.

It makes me wonder if the powers that be have ever picked up a pen to do a drawing and then simplified it as too much detail doesn't work for the drawing?!

Makes me wonder if Jes has better tech than other TK's & her TD self-destructs on impact...?

Frustrated giggles on from the other side of the world right now :P

Hold your thoughts on what is right and wrong for 501st approval...

Soooo on the clones side of things... It appears that a realistic sideshow Rex will become 501st approve-able because it's statue is an actual LFL/Disney licensee reference for the realistic version. I maybe jumping the gun here a little bit but this is the direction they are going. And discussion has already taking place with the LMO.

That means that the LFL licensed Jes Gistang should fall under the same rules and be approved just as we originally assembled it and debuted it at San Diego Comic-con. We made it look just like the statue.

All these other request for it to look like the Comic is completely unnecessary!!!!

Kevin W.

• Like 2