Quartermaster's Incinerator Test Fit

Well, I finally got a chance to strap on my armor for a quick test fit and some pics. Of course the batteries in my cmaera died after the 1st few shots, so the rest were taken with my Blackberry and the resolution isn't the greatest.

Still haven't weathered the suit yet. Also plan on redoing my shoulder straps, adding the white trim ROTJ style and anything else called for in the CRL's so I can eventually submit for EI. I think I have enough to get 501st approval. Just wanted to share a few shots of the 1st suit up.

INCTrooperTestFit002.jpg

INCTrooperTestFit005.jpg

IMG00051-20110325-2123.jpg

IMG00050-20110325-2122.jpg

IMG00052-20110325-2123.jpg

IMG00053-20110325-2123.jpg

IMG00047-20110325-2121.jpg

IMG00048-20110325-2122.jpg

IMG00049-20110325-2122.jpg

IMG00056-20110325-2124.jpg

IMG00057-20110325-2131.jpg

Looks great so far, esp. that it's a test fit. If you submit now you'll probably get deferred on two things that will be mandatory to correct, and a signing notes one a few others:

Ā 

Two are paint related. If you look at the screen cap...

Ā 

1. You'll see that the chest stripe is not correct. It should go all the way down to the bottom of the chest, and stop about 1" to 1-1/2" below the pauldron.

2. the biceps have a ring of red on the top inside of the bicep, yours do not.

Ā 

SWTFU2011-03-1112-28-23-09.jpg

Ā 

Some things they make allow for now but ask you revise later:

Ā 

1. The front bicep stripe is narrower than what you have.

2. Bottom of thighs can probably be more tapered to fit you

3. Paint on top of thighs doesn't quite match the reference:

Ā 

SWTFU2011-03-1112-26-18-31.jpg

SWTFU2011-03-1112-26-14-32.jpg

Ā 

Now, if you really want to bump the accuracy, you can...

Ā 

1. Add the little rivet tab covers on the outsides of the plastic belt front

SWTFU2011-03-1112-26-18-31.jpg

Ā 

2. And the missing holster rivets to the belt:

SWTFU2011-03-1112-02-06-57.jpg

Looks great John! This is really making me want to do this build..arrgh! LOL!

Ā 

To add to what Daetrin said..around the mic tips/vocoder area should be red as well. A darker red would be better also.

Edited by Darth Voorhees

John is going to make the corrections mentioned, but did point out the first pic posted on the CRL was of someones suit, and his is a dead on match for that. Apparently that persons suit is based off the action figure. We should try and be more clear on these things so that this doesnt happen to someone else. I dont think the pics of that persons suit should have been on the CRL if they were based on the action figure, (unless it was an option to go in)since the game preceded the figure, and the game is where the character originated. Or, if that version is acceptable, it should be an option, and Johns suit should be fine. I cleared his suit as is, but recommended he do the changes mentioned as i think the main reference should be the game, not the figure. John always does nice, together builds, so im confident he will meet the new standards.

Ā 

Again, John, great work my fellow ECG brother!

Ā 

EDIT: Type-o :unsure:

Edited by Darth Voorhees

Hi Lou - waaay back that person was the only set of pictures we had from any member, and they've since been taken down.

Ā 

The Legion CRL at http://www.501st.com/crl/TK_CRL/140_Stormtrooper_ICN/index140.php has always shown the correct images, and I apologize that we didn't get around to cleaning up the version we had on FISD until recently. Part of that reason was simply that there were no written requirments as it was all LMO call and we had a disclaimer to check with the LMO for that reason on them, and it's only been with the new LMO's that we're allowed to actually have written requirements for the CRL, and thus if you look at the current requirements lists both here & on the Legion board that they reflect this.

Hi Lou - waaay back that person was the only set of pictures we had from any member, and they've since been taken down.

Ā 

The Legion CRL at http://www.501st.com...CN/index140.php has always shown the correct images, and I apologize that we didn't get around to cleaning up the version we had on FISD until recently. Part of that reason was simply that there were no written requirments as it was all LMO call and we had a disclaimer to check with the LMO for that reason on them, and it's only been with the new LMO's that we're allowed to actually have written requirements for the CRL, and thus if you look at the current requirements lists both here & on the Legion board that they reflect this.

Ā 

Understandable Paul, and i do see that its been taken care of. Not that i had any doubt in you, or the detachment. Just wanted to mention the observation so we wont unintentionally do something similar with another new character. I guess it was Johns timing that got him..inevitably it will happen to someone starting a costume on the cusp of reworking the CRLs. I am glad to see the new LMOs are looking to the detachments to up the game for the whole legion. Looking forward to a great 2011 with the FISD and the Legion!

Thanks so much for understanding. As a former GML myself it's pained me have things in limbo or a quasi-state of approval, or having to have two sets of "guides", the visual for the Legion and ours which we can't say is official either.

Ā 

The current LMO's have with the Legion web-team done a bang-up job of allowing us to finally get an actual requirements list that show "must haves" and "should haves" all in one place along with a pictorial guide. It's so good that once completed I can then remove having them on our site and just reference the Legion ones.

Ā 

Almost there - I know it's been we've been saying for a while but this time I feel like it's really going to come true.

Started weathering the bucket and armor.

The bucket is done. Added some chipped/worn areas in the red markings. Also did a little charcoal colored acrylic wash on the entire bucket and wiped it off. I don't want to go too heavy on the weathering, just enough to give it a worn look.

ICNBucketWeathered009.jpg

ICNBucketWeathered006.jpg

ICNBucketWeathered005.jpg

ICNBucketWeathered004.jpg

Dude that looks fantastic! Logan loves the pictures, it's one of his favorite action figures hahaha

Ā 

Thanks Terry! I will be sure to wear this armor to the FAAN Troop this year just for Logan! I will also bring my little HWT (AJ) so he and Logan can troop together.

Worked on weathering some of the armor. Should have the rest finished up in a day or two.

Lowered the vertical stripe on the chest by about 2 inches. I'm not doing anything to the bottom edge just yet as I still have to trim off the return edge and install the ROTJ style white trim.

PinewoodDerbyDistrctSectionals4-2-11034.jpg

PinewoodDerbyDistrctSectionals4-2-11037.jpg

PinewoodDerbyDistrctSectionals4-2-11035.jpg

PinewoodDerbyDistrctSectionals4-2-11036.jpg

Edited by Quartermaster