Newbie question: Glueing arm pieces

Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask if there's any disadvantages to gluing both seams of the forearm, and bicep pieces? My hands and wrists are small and fit through fine without the need for velcro, so I thought I could use glue instead. But just wondering if that's a bad idea or a good one?

Thanks~

I have to agree with the chef on this one, but also think of this

Do you work out? do you think you have the potential of growing much?

Do you plan on letting any of your friends wear it or plan on selling it ever?

I say go with velcro on one side. you could always glue it later.

i used velcro on all my seams, because I am working out, I want to be able to have the flexability if needed .

I work out on / off and I haven't had any issues with gluing the forearms and biceps together. Of course, I'm not trying to put on pounds of muscle, just stay in shape (which means more running).

You mind that foam in the forearms glued from the inside will prevent them from rotating. I found I needed the foam even though they slip on fine glued together.

Reason #1 for staying away from gluing both seems on ANY piece: Displaying the thing on a mannequin!

If I'd glue both, I wouldn't be able to fit the arms on my mannequin since its elbows are at 90 degrees!

Don't underestimate the mannequin!

like the other's if u don't intend on selling or growing any bigger glue both seem's. But personly i would use the velcro just incase u need to take them off in a hurry.

Yeah you never know when you might have to through down like the Hanson brothers. :lol:

I only used velcro on the back of the calf armor. Worked fine for me. and unless u are thinking of becoming a wrestler, body builder, or sumo. dont see the problem with glue.... dont forget your blue tape to prevent glue drops!!

Even if you never plan to sell your armor, another consideration is if you ever want to loan out your armor at a troop. I have done so several times when I played Vader, so we could have more stormies at the event. Keeping at least one seam sealed with velcro (industrial strength of course) gives you the option of letting others wear your armor.

Everyone has great points. Some guys in our Garrison use rivets religiously. I'm all for the glueing. Forearms, biceps I would glue. I also use the velcro down the back of the calves. I glued the thighs 100 percent too, but I cannot get "suited up" without assistance.