About Armor's Carring and Storage

Just got one Sterilite 35-Gallon Latch Tote from Walmart. Is it big enough?

PS: there are 2 wheels at one-side, can pull and push on ground,very easy for transfer.

depending on how your setup is, it'd be big enough. i got the stanley one from home depot. it's almost big enough for two actually. lol.

I think that will work. I put my forearm pieces inside the calf pieces, then those inside the thigh pieces, laid on top of the back plate, and clamshelled with the chest plate. Then you should still have room for whatever else needs to go in there. There are threads with pictures on here because I know I got the idea for nesting everything from somewhere.

One of the ways I pack my rig:

Ā 

4829401676_ca0157d748.jpg

4829402054_d27195bb14.jpg

Ā 

Lately I've been packing it more like A.C. does, with my E11 blasters/holsters nested inside the shins, the shins nested inside the thighs, and the thighs contained clamshell-style within the body, with the back/kidney/butt on the bottom, and the chest/ab on top. It also leaves room at the bottom for my forearms/biceps/shoulders nested inside each other, my thermal detonator and cuffs inside the forearms, and my belts and boots on top.

One of the ways I pack my rig:

Ā 

4829401676_ca0157d748.jpg

4829402054_d27195bb14.jpg

Ā 

Lately I've been packing it more like A.C. does, with my E11 blasters/holsters nested inside the shins, the shins nested inside the thighs, and the thighs contained clamshell-style within the body, with the back/kidney/butt on the bottom, and the chest/ab on top. It also leaves room at the bottom for my forearms/biceps/shoulders nested inside each other, my thermal detonator and cuffs inside the forearms, and my belts and boots on top.

Ā 

Ā 

Very nice case! Much nicer than the huge Rubbermaid tote I had mine in back in the day. What is the proper name / brand for a trunk like that? I think I have seen these at Harbor Freight, but not 100% sure.

Some helpful threads here from one of our FISD newsletters a while ago :)

Ā 

Transporting Armor

Every few months, the topic arises of "How do you transport your armor?"

Here's some helpful links with suggestions for cases, storage bins, etc.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 months later...

Thanks Terry for all the links....

Ā 

However, I didn't see anyone list what they use when they travel via airplane (for check in) other than saying 'a hard case' does anyone have a brand/product they use to fly with their armor? Aside from 'shipping' your armor to a hotel (via fed-ex, UPS, etc..) does anyone have some advice on the best way for 'out of towners' to bring their armor along? :)

Ā 

Many Thanks!

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this Rubbermaid storage container for my newly purchased armor yesterday:

----------

Ā 

Everything fits, although a bit tight. I had to stack the parts on the right side like this: Ab Plate, Kidney/Butt Plate, Chest Plate with Arm/Leg Parts inside the Chest Plate. Boots, Neck Seal and other random parts are underneath the helmet. Blaster is next to the helmet.

Ā 

Ā 

It doesn't seem flight-suitable, but it seems like a good starter container.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The large Plano boxes are airline approved if you can pack everything in. I have gotten a complete TK with helmet to fit in these. I've seen them on sale for about $20 at Walmart.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 weeks later...

I transport my stuff in a rigid plastic toolbox/trolley. It has safely transported my full stromtrooper outfit, including boots, helmet, soft parts, E-11 etc. on flights to and from the mainland.

Ā 

This one: --------

Ā 

Full TM (2mm) and all other costume components ...

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Ā 

Walter is a really nice man! I met on a convention one day. BUT WHY have him signed on your bucket?

Ā 

With FX helmets being widely regarded as "awful" "not to scale" and "non canon" I figured a celebrity's signature would bring more value to it =p

Ā 

Plus I really wanted to see if either my bucket or Walter would burst into flames. (Spoiler: Neither did)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually transport my stuff in one of those hardshell golf bag carriers due to, at least for me, its easier for me to get it into places with less of a headach like places through narrow doorways or very crowded areas like at conventions due to it allot more slimmer than what I use to carry my stuff in, a Stanley portable tool bin. On top of that it seems to be more balanced when I pick it up by the handle that I can carry it up stair by it without problem if the place we are trooping don't have a readily accessible elevator.

Ā 

For it allows me me, depending on how I pack it to fit all my pieces in, an e-11 with holster and all my soft parts and a change of cloths / under armor in a small plastic curtain bag I use to hold it. Among my amp and mic set up, also helps me when I carry my MG34 in its guncase as well as I'm not fighting with two things or trying to put one on top of the other as I can just carry my guncase. That and if I ever have to fly according to most airlines its approved for flight as long as it can lock from which I last checked.

Ā 

In the future thou, I have been thinking of using one of those large military sniper backpacks to carry everything on my back including my MG34 as some are long enough to fit it in without no problem. Especially when I go to conventions, as some of them the lobby is pretty packed with people and I usually have to be the one checking in as sometimes the people I am rooming with don't ant to watch my stuff for the little time I am checking to get the room key.

I usually have to be the one checking in as sometimes the people I am rooming with don't ant to watch my stuff for the little time I am checking to get the room key.

It would suck if that actually was a recurring problem and an actual reason to get something else to transport your armor in.