ANH Gino HDPE v3 build

SiMan is the owner newly found ANH suit in England and he has casted the helmet and unlike Gino is not modifying it and is leaving all the details on it.

http://www.therpf.co...r-helmet-95954/

Oh Well another one to add to the list ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok back on topic, done some more work on the V3 , i wanted to create the red primer showing inside the lid as per the origanals here are some photos of the progress i think iam there , note i have sprayed the inside of the lid first then with the white overspray when i do the outside will tone it down a little .

DSCF4401-1.jpgDSCF4426-1.jpgDSCF4424-1.jpgDSCF4429-1.jpgDSCF4431-1.jpgDSCF4391-1.jpgDSCF4409-1.jpg

Ok some teaser shots from the outside rear will have to wait for other pics :angry::)

DSCF4367-1.jpgDSCF4365-1.jpgDSCF4367-2.jpgDSCF4362-1.jpg

Edited by SW1

Cheers Rich and Paul ,

Your quite right Paul i am not going mad with to many chippings want to keep it as they were seen on set in 1976 , iam not trying to replicate any perticular helmet as seen in ANH just my own interpration of what i have seen and studed with a few nice paint runs here and there , i must say really enjoying my first ever helmet build , the HDPE is great to work with very flexy the only thing was finding a paint to stick to it which a very good friend pointed me in the right direction the paint is Krylon fusion Gloss white and no primer required , and to get the primer effect i used krylon fusion satin burgandy they dont sell flat red , but imho the burgandy comes out more of a primer colour and it sofens up a bit with the white overspray

B) now just need to let it fully dry out before hand painting details .

@ Paul what Humbrol blue do you use on your helmets for the tube stripes French or midnight ? and also what grey for the traps and frown ? iam going with humbrol satin black for the vecoder and the black out lines on ears and traps .

Edited by SW1

I prefer Humbrol #48 Mediterraniean Blue for the tube stripes, but sometimes use #14 french Blue as well. I don't use #15 Midnight Blue anymore.

Cheers mate , i think i will go with #48 Mediterraniean Blue since i think thats what you used on my 1mm SFS lid ? and i luv that shade of blue , what Humbrol Number grey do you use Paul ?

Why thank you Armando that means a lot comming from you , with the amazzing lids you have done , i think iam going to use the med Blue to me it seems to have a aged look to it imho , but if i dont like it i will go for the french blue ohh decisions decisions i will let you know what i have gone with :) also i am going to make some slight weathering inside the lid hints of black and grey marks on the white not to much though .

Hey Markey thanks for the comments mate , Unfortanley i cant make MEM work reasons :( one of my teams have let me down for the weekend so now the boss has got to get his hands dirty , well gutted , i told Pete last night because i was going to give him a lift there , but no worries i will defentley be doing winter MEM , but iam sure i will meet you before that and show you the completed V3 , i feel a summer BBQ at mine is in order so i can invite my screen accuratte snobs for a gathering after a troop B)

Hi Karin i will get it finished soon , sorry i making you wait for the pics with your accuratte knukle handsgaurds , once all is done i promice you a full on photo shot B) plus need a decent camara to :)

Edited by SW1

• 2 weeks later...