this is pure fraud

Quebectrooper

That is not an FX kit and this seller is gonna piss of someone who's gonna buy that thinking he's getting the armor in the photo wich is different:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-STORMTROOPER-ENGLISH-FX-FULL-COSTUME-ARMOUR-/260742972837?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb57e05a5

Edited by Quebectrooper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone will inevitably fall to it, you can give people advice, but they don't take it thinking that you're some evil person wanting to spend all their money

I actually bought a kit of this stuff (wish I'd gotten ATA instead). It seems to be recast FX. The seller is not the maker. He's in Australia, but the armour is shipped directly from England.

The picture is for example purpose only. The really fraudulent bit is where he claims it is '501st approved'.

PS. The assembly instructions are a barrel of laughs- they actually tell you to attach the armour to the undersuit, using the provided velcro!

I wasn't joking about this item and the seller told me to get a life and to say hi to ebay. I will now definetly contact ebay and report him.

You guy should do the same.

Sorry Pat, I thought sure with your sense of humour you were making a joke about someone being disappointed about not getting FX armour but something that actually looked better.

Wow, I just don't understand how people can go on there an say that the armor is 501st approved, and even in this case. I have even seen people selling that Rubies armor saying it was 501st approved, give me a break!!!

That's ok Rob i understand .

People like that ebay crook piss me off cause whenever i sold something there i told the truth about everything , scratches, cracks... so the buyer knows what he's getting but i guess some people just care about money!

My wife bought a purse on ebay and received a coin and the guy said he had confirmation he delivered to her !

I thinks its sad that som Star Wars fan will buy from him and be disapointed.

Let's all buy from him and not send payment. :angry:

That's ok Rob i understand .

People like that ebay crook piss me off cause whenever i sold something there i told the truth about everything , scratches, cracks... so the buyer knows what he's getting but i guess some people just care about money!

My wife bought a purse on ebay and received a coin and the guy said he had confirmation he delivered to her !

I thinks its sad that som Star Wars fan will buy from him and be disapointed.

Let's all buy from him and not send payment. :angry:

And it's exactly someone uninitiated with a place like FISD that won't know the difference and get screwed. I was one of those and ended up getting armour from Ebay and immediately realised the lid was horrible and it was missing a thigh piece. Thankfully, the chap I was dealing with in the UK was actually an honourable guy and although it took a couple of months due to shipping issues and such I did receive a new set of thighs with no charge at all.

ps - I should point out it was NOT this guy.

Edited by TKRobert

Am I right in thinking that no armour is 501st approved?

I thought that the armour only got approval when it was built and with some one wearing it.

But having said that there is a lot of armour on Fleabay that claims to be approved.

Craig

You are exactly right Craig. Even the most accurate armour if not built right and fitted correctly is not considered approved.

though it has to be built right, if it takes extreme mods to get it approved, or if it takes replacing important details, then the guy shouldn't say it's 501st quality. selling armor that simply takes assembling correctly to get 501st approval... to me that'd not be wrong to say it's 501st approved....

The mic tips and buttons that came with it certainly won't qualify for EIB! :lol: But I think it might be passable, given some work. I might start a build thread, once I get a bit more underway...

ebayscumandvillainy.jpg

:D:salute: enough said....

hey now... you can get all sorts of great nick nacks on there... for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/President-GEORGE-WASHINGTON-HAIR-Signed-COA-letter-/110652312178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c3644a72

WHO WOULDN'T WANT THAT?!?!? :blink: