Request suggestions on Polishing

My F/X kit came with the Novus 2 fine Scratch Remover and something tells me thats only for, well, removing scratches. My kit is nearly finished and as a result of handling it, a stray scratch here and there, maybe even tiny bits of glue in places you cant see unless you look right at it.

So im looking for ideas to work on based on what the community uses. Thanks in advance :) I hope this thread can be useful for any others you were curious as well.

Cheers!

I use the Novus for both fine scratches as well as overall polishing. For scuff marks, i use rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. Some guys use lighter fluid for stubborn marks. Not sure about removing glue, though.

The only time I ever polished my armor was with TK 2105 last Fall before my first LFL event...Since then, knowing what I know now...I haven't cleaned or polished my armor, to me...it gives it a "used" screen accurate look ;)

The only time I ever polished my armor was with TK 2105 last Fall before my first LFL event...Since then, knowing what I know now...I haven't cleaned or polished my armor, to me...it gives it a "used" screen accurate look ;)

HA! Im not the only one that feels this way! I like the lived in look as well...

Novus works great though. My Manniquin fell once into my RG lid and a huge red mark insued. Novus and five minutes...clean as a whistle.

I find the polish that came with the kit works fine or any furniture polish for that matter.... oven cleaner works well on deep scratches that are filled with dirt but it will need polishing afterwards as it turned the abs dull.

But im with Nathan and Bernard i dont clean my armour either, i also like the 'used' look of the original costumes :duim:

Finding a Mannequin is my next step. I dont wanna have it just layin around. Plus it just looks cool having a trooper guarding the place :trooper:

Two things to note here:

1) I have heard that light can dull and even break down ABS over time. Only had my FX a few months, so I cannot say I have experienced this, only that I have heard it.

2) Why not spend $20 and make one yourself? I bought some 2" ABS pipe from Home Depot, added some 90 degree bends, a few three way connectors, one four way, and made a stand myself. Once the armor is on, you can't tell. And you can just add the gloves and there you go. I also saw a friend of mine put 90 degree bends for the elbows, and make a set of hands using 14 gauge wire. It bends well, and holds it shape. Now his TK holds his blaster as well. Leave the upper side of the shoulders loose, and you can pose it all you want.

I can post pics later if someone wants to see how I built mine.

:trooper:

I can post pics later if someone wants to see how I built mine.

I would be definitely interested in some pics as your idea sounds like a cheap and fairly easy to build alternative for displaying a TK!

Thanks,

Alex

I would be definitely interested in some pics as your idea sounds like a cheap and fairly easy to build alternative for displaying a TK!

Thanks,

Alex

I will try to get some done this weekend, and just start a new thread. Don't want to de-rail this one. B)