jnnfr72 AP build

jnnfr72

Lacking courage? No, you're just confused because so much awesomeness arrived.

Know where your finger tips are when you cut and wear safety glasses if using a dremel. Molten plastic does indeed sting when it hits your eye. Score and snap method works well for most of the armor. I preferred to use a dremel for everything. Go go gadget power tools!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TrooperTim - I was just scouring your AP build!! I decided Vern was right - the hell with it - just start on the arm piece!!

SSKUNKY - I am going shopping on ebay right after I post my pictures for Curved Scissors for Plastic

:D After 15 minutes of cutting with the hubbies retractable knife, I was thinking of how my 16 yr old

would do if I had him drive me to the emergency room with blood spurting all over. {He'd probably do ok!}

Oh yah, I also need a metal ruler.... I have a very shaky hand.

post-14242-0-43653000-1298418220_thumb.jpg

I think I need to cut off an inch in length.

(Cut the arms from where the elbow bends, but cut the legs from the top of thigh and shin from bottom.....yah?)

post-14242-0-66503000-1298418234_thumb.jpg

I had a 3rd picture, but couldn't get it to attach. I will switch to photobucket for my next updates. :)

Thanks for taking a look. I'm going shopping!!!!

PS - The Gun-GodFather is sending me my gun soon. Talk about AWESOMENESS!!!!!

I'll post photos of it. Do you guys/gals name yer gun? Also, do you name your WEAPON? :D

haaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa........

You can draw pencil lines where you want to cut instead of painter tape, unless the tape is more helpful. The pencil won't scratch the plastic much and the mark is easily removed.

I'd suggest trim the corresponding inside forearm then tape both together to form the complete part, then test fit it and measure before you cut. You can cut the outside forearm right up to the indention and I think it would look alright. Trimming the inside forearm at the elbow will help quite a bit with mobility; mostly being able to take your helmet on and off.

I have an idea; photoshop time. Take inspiration from Stormtrooper Bob Ross.

EDIT: Images Removed

Edited by TrooperTim

I use to watch Bob Ross - he could have easily started a cult... I use to stare, unblinking, (probably with drool oozing over my chin) listening to his "happy little clouds" talk.

Sad to see him pass.

Anyway - let's talk about GUNS!!!!!! And Shoo-stings! And MAYHEM!!! http://s853.photobucket.com/albums/ab99/jnnfr72/E-11/

• 6 months later...

Took a 6 month break, but am starting on my build again. My camera is having it's 1st yearly cleaning at BestBuy,

so no pix until they are done. I have the biceps glued, and am waiting on MORE E6000 to come in before finishing

the forearms. Hope all who are going to DragonCon have a vunderbar time. I'm sure you all will! :)

Using this thread.. http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11563 and sniffing glue while kitty offers no help whatsoever.

Anyway - planning on cutting off extra length from the top of thighs, and then going to sniff some more E6000.

Maybe I shouldn't joke about the sniffing glue..... I can be insensitive at times. Oh yes, and I'm WAH today.... working at home - and

sniffing glue.

Working on thighs, and not having fun with the back of knee. I used my heating blower to try and smooth the inner bottom knee part, but it's wobbly. Looks like I'm going to have a big gap at the bottom back knee where the outer and inner pieces try to meet. I know, I need pictures, but don't have my camera back yet.

Went to mailbox, and got my rare earth magnets. I can't get them apart. First my magnets were too wimpy, now I'm too wimpy. Time for me to stop and drink a beer.

Edited by jnnfr72

Update: I let my hubby play with the magnets, and he only has 1 bad pinch. Teeee heeee heeee... Hey, I warned him.... [i got N42... very strong suckers!] I have re-glued my left forearm for the 4th time. I think that has to be a record. When I get MORE magnets, I'll be able to do some more glueing. I really love E6000. Going to glue my Diamond Knee plate... LEFT knee!!! :) I've been cutting out cover strips for the shins. I have ALOT to go, but I'll get there. I don't worry about my bucket - I'm letting the professionals in CA work on it. I just worry about the rest of my build. BestBuy STILL has my DSLR camera. Those punks didn't clean it, but kept it for 3 weeks. The hubby did the "good cop - bad cop" and told them his wife is throwing a fit and wants a refund, blah-blah-blah... He makes himself the good guy. I have quite the rep for being a meanie. Anywho... I'll get pics asap.

Yarr, my cell phone has a camera... but I didn't buy the cord that lets me download pix.

I guess i could email them to myself, then load them that way. I never thought about

doing that. haaaa haaaa.... I'm glad you guys / girls are there to help me out! :)

On the back of the knee, are you talking about where the two sides connect together? You can create an inner shim and larger outer finishing strip. That's what I did when I was helping Sarah (TK-9463) build her armor. We cut a lot off for mobility too. When you actually put all this stuff on, walk around your neighborhood and find what pinches. Your neighbors might think you're weird but it's good to fix armor bites before your first troop so it'll be more comfortable and enjoyable.

Yes and yes. I was talking about where the outer and inner thigh meet at the bottom - and that WOULD fix my problem. I'll plan on doing the inner and outer shim - then add the covering strip. And, sadly, my neighbors already think I'm weird.... but I'm so gonna WOW them with my AWESOME armor this Halloween! They'll give ME candy!!! :) haaa haaa... I'm gonna check out Sarah and look for pix. Thanks for the advice, it will help me bunches.

Yarr, my cell phone has a camera... but I didn't buy the cord that lets me download pix.

I guess i could email them to myself, then load them that way. I never thought about

doing that. haaaa haaaa.... I'm glad you guys / girls are there to help me out! :)

And then? LOL!

haaa haaa... ok, ok. :) The hubby hollers from time to time when I email pictures. But, I will risk it. :lol:

Today I did some heat - bending and added an inner shim to one of the thighs.

heatbend.jpg?t=1316127664

I've been trimming the top of the thighs down. I think I will be able to make this back of thigh match up.

Cover strips and inner shims will help.

backthigh.jpg?t=1316127612

I checked on my N35 magnets. I have 12 ordered, and they should have been here 3 days ago, but the US Mail

lost them. :( The seller was nice, and is sending them again. Right now I only have 1 pair of good magnets.

I haven't started on chest - back - butt - or kidney plates yet.

Got my awesome magnets today, and started more glueing. I have to brag on Rick from the magnet store; he was very helpful.

Rick - Cullen Legois Mfg Inc ~ www.clmi.us http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290605638513

rare earth magnets

12pcs Neodymium Magnets 1/2" x 1/4" Cylinder N35 Ni

Dear jnnfr72,

Hello Jenny Thank you for your comments and feed back.

We are glad to help the 501 st

God Bless America and those who serve...

sincerely,

Rick

- barefootnit

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply s.gifbtnRespond.gif

To: barefootnit

Subject: Re: Where is my item?: jnnfr72 sent a message about 12pcs Neodymium Magnets 1/2" x 1/4" Cylinder N35 Ni #290605638513

Sent Date: Sep-17-11 15:33:43 PDT

Dear barefootnit,

Hi Rick, Received these today, and am using them to help hold together stormtrooper armor while the glue dries. These are great little magnets, and I will give you credit for awesome service on the 501st (F.I.S.D.) stormtrooper forums. Thank you so much! Jenny

- jnnfr72

Thought that was kinda funny... :)

Hi Bond, yep - I've used velcro, but need to move my cover strips on the shins over - to hide the velcro.

I had some questions on my build.

Are there any suggestions on how to round the knee battery?

Do I need to cut off some extra length from each side of the knee battery?

Any thoughts on the RIVETS ... size / where they are sold?

securedownload12.jpg?t=1316546582

How much should the Left Thigh cover strip cover?

I'm wondering about covering the flared edge by the knee.

Thanks for helping me with my issues - errr, I mean "opportunities at growth"!

securedownload1.jpg?t=1316547033

• 2 weeks later...

My hubby called me at work, and said my bucket is back from it's trip to Cali.

TK Mike put it together, hand painted it - installed my squirrely fans, too!

I guess the post office beat the living daylights out of the package, even though

it has "fragile" and "handle with care" written all over it. Greg looked it over and said

it's fine, though. Sheeeeeeeeeeeew...... :) I can't wait to get home and try it on.

(Good thing I read from you all about turning it sideways to get it on.) Wait, WHAT!?!!

I had the hubby turn the BUCKET sideways before getting it on. :leia: