Bumpy texture

The armour was definately not pulled on one sheet. You can see in the photo that the sheets are approximately 8 foot long judging by 8 helmets lined up on top of one of the sheets. The sheets in the photo contain the arm and legs pieces, no torso, so they would have been done on a seperate sheet.

1976streettroopers01.jpg

The helmets, in my opinion, were formed seperately too. AA would have had reducer plates for his machine to accept smaller sheets of plastic, or perhaps a smaller machine to do the job. I also belive that all the helmets you see in this photo are the job lot. The most Stormtroopers I have counted in one scene is 26/28 (not entirely sure without going back and watching) which is the total we see above (roughly).

My guess is that the hero is a new mould made specifically for the close up shots and I believe that there was only one stunt mould too.

Ok I am going out on a limb here but is it just me or does the piece in the middle look like it already has a sniper plate??

just checked my armour & its not what you think it is ( its a plastical illusion ) ;)

Rob is correct about it being an illusion. What you guys saw in the pic is not the sniper plate. It is just the way the half calf was formed.

If you look at the little clay mock up that I did, you will see how the illusion of the half calf looks to be extended like the sniper plate.

I only took about 10 to 15 minutes to mock the half calf. I didn't take the time to clean it up, so, please over look the un-sharpness of it. It is not to scale, and is just for the purpose of showing how the camera angle gave the illusion in the pic.

halfcalf.jpg

The armour was definately not pulled on one sheet. You can see in the photo that the sheets are approximately 8 foot long judging by 8 helmets lined up on top of one of the sheets. The sheets in the photo contain the arm and legs pieces, no torso, so they would have been done on a seperate sheet.

1976streettroopers01.jpg

The helmets, in my opinion, were formed seperately too. AA would have had reducer plates for his machine to accept smaller sheets of plastic, or perhaps a smaller machine to do the job. I also belive that all the helmets you see in this photo are the job lot. The most Stormtroopers I have counted in one scene is 26/28 (not entirely sure without going back and watching) which is the total we see above (roughly).

My guess is that the hero is a new mould made specifically for the close up shots and I believe that there was only one stunt mould too.

Another interesting thing about this famous photo is the ammount of paint already scraped off some of the helmets, one on the outer right of the pic has practically no paint left on its lower cheek , and you can see how one helmet in row 3 is scraping the paint off the foregead of the helm below it ..in front of our very eyes ! :o