Ebay listing, is it legit?

supersteve

i am not sure about the seller, but i would stick to this list if it were me

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538

the last i knew FX armor is no longer made, it has been replaced by AM ;)

also i just noticed this is your first post. Welcome to the Fisd!, you should head over to the new members introduction page HERE and say hi :)there are lots of troopers here that are more than happy to lend you a hand...

I'd always be sceptical if a seller uses other peoples pics (that photo of the laid out parts is used by 90% of the fishy ebay sellers) and if it is not even made clear what kind of helmet or handplates you get (both are all over the place in only 3 pics!).

Showing different shades of white on one set of armor (yellowed belt?) is a very strange thing to do if I want to get my stuff sold, don't you think? Also, if people make claims of "movie quality" and can't spell, I'm not to keen on sending them my money. But that is me.

And have you seen the quality of the helmet detailing? That guy seems to know nothing of stormtrooper costumes. Looks like a child painted all the traps and tears and the tube stripes.

I say stay away from that stuff. Save your money, read the FISD, be happier in the end. There even is a world beyond FX and AM...

Dennis is right. Look at the pic with the parts laying around, the helmet is not the same as the other.

Buy an accurate kit for the same price or more it's worth it.

FX is not accurate (unless you super mod it) and i regret buying one years ago ON E-BAY!

One of the biceps parts is upside-down too, on the photos! :)

Would you buy and trust you get good quality from someone who can't even assemble it correctly?

Edited by Locitus

that armor is made for who is 270 pounds, I am 220. Can I mod it to fit me? good deal that i want to act fast.

Yes! You can always trim something down to fit properly.

what about this kit? this guy is the same height as me...

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=13457

AP armor is going to be too small for your size in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got one of these kits on its way to me... (don't drink and Ebay)

Being immune to buyer's regret, I'm figuring it'll be a good learning ground to get myself started. I'll probably get another set (maybe ATA) later and convet this one to some kind of EU trooper. Is there anyone here who's bought this paticular kit and can tell me anything about it?

Negative on treckfreek and starfortress being the same person. Treckfreek says he can't get Stormtrooper boots, and starfortress stocks them. Not that it makes much difference if they're both bad sellers...

FX armor, (formerly AFX) is no longer made, period. The English fx armor on eBay is recast fx. The only way to get a legit fx armor kit at this point, is to buy it from someone who has had it sitting in a closet for e past few years.

Blegh! Is it at least an accurate recast?

Yes! You can always trim something down to fit properly.

AP armor is going to be too small for your size in my opinion.

Im 5'7 and 220 (getting slimmer now though heh) and i had AP armor for my TK. Its all in the way you fit it to yourself. ;)