TrooperMaster TM 1mm ESB replica armour build[*TM]

Looks realy cool.

I like this painted look, but only for sure, is it now confirmed the the screen used armors were painted?

Or are you only do it , cause you like the look?

Doesn't the paint cracks on this super flexi material while bending??

Edited by Turrican

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... if you were to go for normal strapping would it show through the plastic, eg. glueing black elastic on the inside rather than the strapping we now know they used on the origanal suits :).

I doubt that...

It's not see through. :D

Looks realy cool.

I like this painted look, but only for sure, is it now confirmed the the screen used armors were painted?

Or are you only do it , cause you like the look?

This is only my opinion but I think in ANH there were suits that were painted and some which were not. In the end, to get the look that I wanted (quite glossy white appearance of suits in ESB screen captures) I decided I had to paint my armour.

There is also clear run of paint on this original suit (look inside the neck) ...

P8270186.jpg

Rick, the 1mm armour looks amazing, great build :) if you were to go for normal strapping would it show through the plastic, eg. glueing black elastic on the inside rather than the strapping we now know they used on the origanal suits :).

I don't think so. The only things which are visible on the outside as far as I can see are a few snaps and rivets and the screws holding the strapping brackets.

It would be perfectly possible to include these so they are visible on the outside but without any practical function and then put in your own more secure strapping system. Something I considered myself.

I received my new boots yesterday and immediately set about dying them.

These are a pair of Jones Chelsea Boots. They're about as good a match to the originals as I've been able to find over the last few months of scouring eBay.

Before:

oiuyhbvcdewq2128.jpg

During:

DSCF0519.jpg

After:

DSCF0522.jpg

They've turned out pretty good I think. Maybe a dab more dye on the elastic and then a bit of wearing for a nice beaten up look.

Edited by Rick330

What's the stuff in the 'during' photo Rich?

It's the leather dye they sell over here in the supermarkets in the big El Corte Inglés department stores.

It's called "El Color" and is produced by Industrias Químicas Cumbre SA in Sant Boi, Spain.

It's good stuff. I used less than a bottle on my boots and got 2-3 layers on them and it's almost too good a finish.

Unless of course you meant the bubble wrap, the dirty tea towel, the printer or the box of TM armour? :P

I just followed Pauls addvice when i was converting my loakes and he mentioned about painting the heels and sole edges in gloss black so it must have been what they did on the origanals so i went with it must admit looks awsome just finishes it of B) a link Rich showing the black gloss effect on the boots

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12516

I just followed Pauls addvice when i was converting my loakes and he mentioned about painting the heels and sole edges in gloss black so it must have been what they did on the origanals so i went with it must admit looks awsome just finishes it of B) a link Rich showing the black gloss effect on the boots

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12516

:duim:

Looks like I might have to get the pastels out too. Luckily they let me have soft crayons and stuff to draw with here in the home. So patsels should be OK too. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: a little bit there , and a bit up there , hum did de hum , a bit down there , hum did he hum , little bit of black over there ,hum did he hum , wibble wobble board , well tie me kangeroo down sport a pair of stormtrooper boots , :lol:

My strapping kit arrived so I've had another busy Saturday.

I have the armour ready to wear. I'll probably notice certain bits and bobs when I finally do a test fitting but I think the armour is complete apart from the thermal detonator. So, I might try on the armour later and post some photos.

Here are some shots of what I managed to get done yesterday.

DSCF0534.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg

DSCF0544.jpg

DSCF0545.jpg

Now, I'm not sure what you're all going to make of the next shots but I decided to add a bit of my own innovation.

I figured that with all this weathering going on on the outisde of the armour, and attention paid to correct internal strapping, the inside of the armour needed some signs of wear and use too.

Bear in mind, this is supposed to represent a suit which has already survived the filming of A New Hope and has been in storage for three years before being dragged out again.

I wanted to show some signs of sweat and residue adhesive from internal repairs with sticky tape.

So, adopting a common technique from guitar relic'ing and one I stumbled across myself, I added some 70's style grime to the inside of my suit ...

DSCF0552.jpg

DSCF0551.jpg

Also, because I'm using either clear E6000 or Araldite (which is also largely clear) I wasn't getting the white adhesive residue on the elastic that you see on the originals. I also wanted to replicate that white "gunk", so I thinly brushed on some fabric paint ...

DSCF0547.jpg

That looks realy authentic.

I like it..., how did you do this with the tapesplits?

That it not complete comes off.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by "tape splits". (Du kannst mir ruhig eine Privatnachricht schicken und die Frage auf Deutsch stellen, wenn Du willst).

All I did on the inside of the suit for the adhesive residue was apply cheap parcel tape (the thin brown stuff, "Packband") and leave it on all day. If you then rip it off quickly, it leaves a lot of adhesive residue on the plastic.

The staining is black tea, rubbed on with a tea bag ("PG Tips" to be specific! :lol:)

This is what it looked like mid-process ...

DSCF0535.jpg

Edited by Rick330

I luv it Rich nothing beats that lived in look great effects there mate dont forget to put some white gaffa tape maybe joining the back plate and chest like on the ESB trooper on the left , and dig out the two drop boxes on him to in the old ESB photo just luv all this stuffB)

Edited by SW1

I luv it Rich nothing beats that lived in look great effects there mate dont forget to put some white gaffa tape maybe joining the back plate and chest like on the ESB trooper on the left , and dig out the two drop boxes on him to in the old ESB photo just luv all this stuffB)

DSCF3776-2.jpg