TrooperMaster TM 1mm ESB replica armour build[*TM]

I luv it Rich nothing beats that lived in look great effects there mate dont forget to put some white gaffa tape maybe joining the back plate and chest like on the ESB trooper on the left , and dig out the two drop boxes on him to in the old ESB photo just luv all this stuffB)

DSCF3776-2.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I luv it Rich nothing beats that lived in look great effects there mate dont forget to put some white gaffa tape maybe joining the back plate and chest like on the ESB trooper on the left , and dig out the two drop boxes on him to in the old ESB photo just luv all this stuffB)

Nice reference photo, mate! (All three of 'em! :lol: )

Check out him with his double set of drop boxes! :blink:

yes sorry about the triple post got carried away clicking the pics :lol: yes i just luv the 2 drop boxes on the right of his belt just bung it all on no matter what and action lets film ;)

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by "tape splits". (Du kannst mir ruhig eine Privatnachricht schicken und die Frage auf Deutsch stellen, wenn Du willst).

All I did on the inside of the suit for the adhesive residue was apply cheap parcel tape (the thin brown stuff, "Packband") and leave it on all day. If you then rip it off quickly, it leaves a lot of adhesive residue on the plastic.

The staining is black tea, rubbed on with a tea bag ("PG Tips" to be specific! :lol:)

This is what it looked like mid-process ...

DSCF0535.jpg

It's ok.. my question is anserwed after this pic, exact this i want to know. :D

Thank's, also i will add this to my armor cause it looks cool.

BTW, Gut zu wissen das ich dich auch mal was auf Deutsch fragen kann wenns zu kompliziert wird.

( good to know that i can ask you something in german too, if it becomes to complicated.)

Here we go then ...

I had a quick suit-up (with the old thermal detanator for the time being) and got a few snaps done out in the garden.

I'm really happy with the fit of the suit. It feels absolutely amazing. Super light-weight and it "behaves" just like the real thing when you move and bend.

I had a load of fun building this and even more putting it on for the first time.

Many, many thanks again to Paul for all the guidance and the patience with the daft questions. Would have been impossible without all your help, mate. And also the true pioneers of this hobby like Mark and Pete who are always one step ahead with the reaearch and development ... and let us copy them! :D

The light wasn't the best but you get the overall idea. No suitable weapon at the moment as my ESB E-11 has given up the ghost. New version in the pipline ...

DSCF0556.jpg

DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

DSCF0564.jpg

DSCF0573.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0578-1.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg

DSCF0590a.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

Nice Job there afro man how do manage to get that lid over the hair do:lol: , the armour fits you surperb mate B) how do you feel wearing it ?

Nice Job there afro man how do manage to get that lid over the hair do:lol: , the armour fits you surperb mate B) how do you feel wearing it ?

It feels absolutely amazing. Super light-weight and it "behaves" just like the real thing when you move and bend.

:P :P :P

That realy fit's like a glove.

10 of 10 points :duim:

I also realy like the color of the painted armor, looks realy close, but don't the paint begin to crack while bending the parts when you move??

Edited by Turrican

I also realy like the color of the painted armor, looks realy close, but don't the paint begin to crack while bending the parts when you move??

Wouldn't that be half the point? When you go through the trouble to paint and weather everything to look beat up and old. Wouldn't you want the paint on the armour to crack some? :)

The paint doesn't crack (at least Halfords White doesn't). That was something that surprised me when I painted my 1mm suit. The plastic flexed a lot and the paint flexed with it :)

Yes, that was unexpected. Did you flex the plastic both ways, bending it inwards, and outwards?

Wouldn't that be half the point? When you go through the trouble to paint and weather everything to look beat up and old. Wouldn't you want the paint on the armour to crack some? :)

No i wouldn't, cause than you would see the grey primer under the paint and paintchips which the screen used armors not had.

The paint doesn't crack (at least Halfords White doesn't). That was something that surprised me when I painted my 1mm suit. The plastic flexed a lot and the paint flexed with it :)

Everything looks amazing Rich, especially with hair! :lol:

That's realy interesting Paul.

Thanks for this info.

I realy thought it would not work without the paint cracks.

No i wouldn't, cause than you would see the grey primer under the paint and paintchips which the screen used armors not had.

Since it turns out the paint wouldn't crack, this has turned irrelevant, but you could use white primer if what you describe worried you. :)

Thanks, man.

I'll tell you after I've worn it a few times. :D

Great armour, are you going to dirty the inner calves like TK two drop boxes, it looks like paint rubbing off his painted soles when he has been running.

I'm afraid you've completely lost me. :unsure: