CAP armor?

Vultren

Does anyone have any information on the armor make "CAP"? I can't find anything, including acronyms in the acronyms thread, on CAP armor.

If anyone knows anything or has a link that can give me information on the make, I would appreciate it. I just cant find anything on the topic and would like to know more about it. (if there is, and this is a repeat, moderators please don't hesitate to delete this.)

the armor is mainly cast from a TE suit, not TE2.

There were several helmet generations, so that's hard to say - Scootch is the person you seek if you're interested in CAP stuff these days though :)

CAP is TE recast however the knee plate is TE2 (or TM?) recast, the thermal detonator control panel is crashman recast IIRC. The belt I'm not sure of - it's definitely not the same as you'd get from TE2 at least, and TE2 has the older molds from TE. Maybe he built his own buck for that.

With acronyms, it's best to use CAP for the pulls that Chris Peters (aka weiBes aka CAP) pulled, and use CAP-W for the work that Scootch is doing.

Thanks guys, I'm currently in the process of getting my pictures correctly taken for Garrison Titan, and it just came to me that I really don't know much about CAP. Thank you very much for the information and taking the time to answer my question.

When I got my armor, I was told my trooper was the absolute last CAP suit made by Chris. I have no clue why he stopped though, does anyone know?

Thanks guys, I'm currently in the process of getting my pictures correctly taken for Garrison Titan, and it just came to me that I really don't know much about CAP. Thank you very much for the information and taking the time to answer my question.

When I got my armor, I was told my trooper was the absolute last CAP suit made by Chris. I have no clue why he stopped though, does anyone know?

Life personal stuff. He got burnt out and wasn't loving like before. I was lucky to spend some time with him a few times towards the end and actually pulled my own armor with him and helped a little with Madmartigans.

Edited by Amish Trooper

• 1 month later...

That's true for about all of the lids out there Carsten. Even Gino's... but hey, it's not like this has been discussed a million times now, so let's just start again :)

As mentioned many times, one needs to differentiAte between the kit and what one does with it. Would one rather a well done CAP or ATA or a poorly done GIno or TE2?

Ok Carsten so in your opinion what is recast and what isn't?Gino,Te,Te2,Ap,SDS,GF,Cameron O. MOT,PT,DA.

GINO, TE, TE2, GF, AP, Cameron O. are the original legit makers.

If you wanna believe SDS's sales talk, go right ahead... well... I wouldn't ever want to buy from a liar and credit stealer.

Even the good guys get recast, so the cheering when GINO and TE gets recast is just... well... absurd. Doesn't matter if they are nutjobs or angels. It's the principle, not the person that is important here. Because, you can't applaud one and condemn another, but I guess some people think that molding and casting a screen used and then someone recasting that offering is just the same - that they are both recasting. Guess what, you owe the guys who molded and cast that screen used armor, as they provided what you wear, and they risked a hell of a lot more molding and casting that than the guy who just buys one of their offerings and then recasts that.

But I get the general consensus amongst many people here is that as long as you get what you want, you don't care where from or how they came by it, regardless of the effects it has on other niche areas of Star Wars costuming as well as the community as a whole. That's what's so sad about the whole thing and you can thank yourselves for no one making cast from screen used Biker Scouts or Royal Guards or many other cast from original pieces - several projects to make such available were stopped mainly because of the rampant recasting in particularly the stormtrooper collecting/costuming niche of the hobby. But I guess that doesn't matter because you seem to think: It's all recast anyway. Those who have the access and the original pieces definitely know now not to risk molding and casting their stuff for a community who apparently doesn't care about anything but themselves. I sure know I don't.

I guess I'm speaking at deaf ears and rolling eyes people and those satisfied with the same ol' idealized recast crap with no interest in the new anyone might have considered offering. I don't even know why I bother at all, with a forum littered with praise towards the plight of the whole hobby: recasters. JoeR and Sskunky are coming out with a new RotJ amor... guess it's only a matter of time before they get recast too. What a shame. Enjoy your copies of copies of copies.

Edited by Too Much Garlic

But I get the general consensus amongst many people here is that as long as you get what you want, you don't care where from or how they came by it, regardless of the effects it has on other niche areas of Star Wars costuming as well as the community as a whole.

Actually not true. In fact, FISD probably has the most aggressive anti-recast stance of any detachment in the Legion, save perhaps CTN (or at least they used to be extremely anti-recast).

If you note, there are no recasters openly selling on FISD. One can argue about CAP-W & ATA, but:

1) TE basically ostracized himself from these boards and pretty much the entire 501st costuming community, and we've been given evidence of a peace between TE & CAP in the past that makes is appear that CAP is cleared.

2) CAP-W (who now has CAP) is not selling armor due to the fact that two of the parts on the CAP kit are not TE derived but recast from other makes, and thus the lineage is still not validated. Helmets are cleared.

3) ATA is 2nd generation of CAP, has replaced the questionable parts, and also that ATA continously sharpens and alters his molds to make them more accurate, and thus distances himself with each generation from the TE base.

4) CAP himself could care less about recasting his kit, so if one recasts that is it bad?

You'll not see any PT armor here, and Vaj and others who recast on the side are usually silent on these boards.

And this point though, there is a separate section on these boards for recasting and it's disucssion, and we should move the conversation there rather than contiue on an armor area.