Help.....

Ive test fitted my chest assembly and shoulder bell/bicep assemblys.

I managed to get it on ok....... but now i cant reach the shoulder snaps and am stuck home alone unable to get the gear off, has this happened to anyone else ? any advice appreciated.

It would be funny except my wife isnt due home till 6:30 tonite. (6 hours wait)

Woah. :o

Limited mobility is a given in TK armor, just like limited visibility when wearing a TK helmet. I can get my gear off by myself pretty quickly in an emergency, but I prefer help getting it off and I definitely need help (usually from my wife) getting it on.

Like you, the hardest part for me is reaching the shoulder snaps. I can get them off by pulling one arm free of the bicep armor - but at the risk of breaking a snap plate or strap.

Got any neighbors nearby?

Slide your forearm armor off. If it;s not attached to the biceps, it should be easy. Even if it is attached with elastic, you should be able to pull them off by stretching or detaching the elastic. This will give your arms more mobility to slide the chest plate over your head.

Don't worry. After a few testing fittings, you'll be able to take it on and off fairly easily. :)

Yeah, im still stuck thanks for the advice, i have the forearms off, they werent attached, the shoulder bells and biceps are attached with black nylon webbing and it wont budge, i may have to start knocking on neigbours doors soon, how embarrasing, i just cant get under the shoulders with either my fingers or a ruler to unsnap them.

The biceps are really tight so i cant slip it off as a whole assembly.

all the neigbours are at work, i may have to stand on the street and wait for a passerby.

It was really hard getting it on, but its impossible to get off, and the hotter i get the more flustered i am by the situation.

if worst comes to worst i can take my pants off and sit in a bath of cool water with a cold six pack, and try and see the funny side of the situation

LOL actually thats not an inaccurate image, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth :D

Maybe its just the alcohol, but this was an great thread to read upon coming home tonight...

Yes I have too also what I have also thought of myself as being stuck in my armor too at least once.

This was just fun to read. Thanks for that comedic image. I am glad you were able to finally get out though. I felt bad till you figured it out.

Happily I am able to get in and out of my armor without any problems by myself. Built it for this so I didn't have to have help from anyone unless it is to pick something up off the ground and I am slowly getting better at doing that now as well.

I am glad to hear that your are out of your gear, Mike. It reminds of an old sitcom called I Love Lucy, where Lucy was playing around and got a trophy cup stuck on her head. She ended up riding the subway to get downtown to someone to help her cut the thing off. So that popped to mind when I saw the post.

The motto here is "Troopers Help Troopers". I think the other motto should be: "Troopers don't let other Troopers get dressed alone". :smiley-sw013:

Thanks guys, im seeing the funny side of this today.

bought a manny today, from now on ill do my test fitting on it when im home alone.

NCWeuDT.jpg

It was only a 140 of the local bucks, and was already black so it doesent need an under suit, money well spent if it saves me being stuck for hours. It can be the dummy that gets stuck next time

i did learn a few things, so it was a valuable lesson in the end

Thanks again for the help and shared chuckles

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021