T-Tracks

Hello all,

First time poster here. The forum is great! Very informative.

Anyway, I found a great solution for the t-tracks last night at Lowes... Garage door insulation! Really looks great. All you have to do is cut the ends off and it works great. A roll of it is just under $8. Which gives you enough for 3 to 4 DLT-19s.

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

And here is it installed:

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

Hope that it may help someone.

Great find, Paul.

On another note, I know you're one of the old-heads around the garrison, but since you're new (at least according to post count) here - mind posting an introduction in the New Member Introduction section? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Matt, If you are looking for a quality/accurate T- tracks.

Then look at tfx_studios on ebay. Top notch T-Tracks at a great price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLASTER-GUN-GRIP-STRIPS-star-wars-stormtrooper-graflex-/190448373619?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c579b8f73

Ginos T Track is by far the most accurate available on the RPF. but it's also the most expensive at $ 100 a set. Saberfreak is the next most accurate at about $30 for enough for an E11. It's brown and needs painting but is very good. It's original door/drawer runner. You can see it on my Sterling E11 conversion.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8560&st=0&unlockUserAgent=1

• 4 weeks later...

I know that there have been other alternatives for the T-track posted up here, I have actually purchased the leaf rake, the garage door trim, and screen holder... I was wanting something more solid so I continued searching. I was getting a storage building near my new house and stopped by the Hobby shop in the area just thinking there might be something I could stumble across that might work.. Well this is what I came up with. This initial try is a little rough as I was just trying to get it knocked out to see how close it would work.... Im pretty happy with it, aside from Im really going to have to work on the heating the ends to get em right... But here are some pics open looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say...

100_1944.jpg

100_1945.jpg

100_1940.jpg

100_1939.jpg

I liked the door liner as they looked the part, but if the originals were realy old plastic drawer t-track I wanted to come close to that.. I liked the rake I thought that they were perfect aside from the fact that one end was higher than the other... the screen holder was easy to work with but it was at an angle... I guess they all have their own little quirks... and more of a personal preference... :)

That stuff shown here is a nice find, but too high to be screen accurate, afaik.

I ordered the saberfrak T-track as well, that is quite spot on. But I bet that the alternatives mentioned here are the cheaper route to go.