4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

helmetoff.jpg

Features:

AP armor - home made latex stunt style hand armor - real hengstler - real scope.

mike's decals, correct colors for stunt. keith's hovi mix. another holster and belt.

stunt style fitting on rear shin (undersuit shows in gap)

this assembly varies from my previous photosets with a new helmet, hand armor, belt

and blaster features.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Vern

Here are my personal observations on the photos that you have submitted

Verm01.jpg

Verm02.jpg

Verm03.jpg

Verm04.jpg

Verm05.jpg

Not sure if this is the same set of armour that you attained your previous EIB's with

but it does appear to need a small amount of work to bring it up to standard in my opinion.

Terrell will cast an eye over your submission and let you know what if anything needs to be done.

Best of luck mate :)

Looks alright. Only thing is that the pics look blurry and noisy especially your action pose. Won't look good in your EIB profile. :)

action shot is blurry because I'm 100 feet away from Han and Luke in the background.

yeah... and I have a bridge to sell ya in san francisco...

well,

in these photos the photographer is standing a little closer, and the shots are taller.

so in the ESB eib photoset the shots are taken from a lower aspect than these photos.

it makes everything look squished at the bottom, and wider at the top.

it's one of the first things I noticed about the photos.

like looking a little down, has changed the angle so all the parts look a little different.

and the lighting has also changed from the previous photoset, as the light temperature

of the bulbs has been changed to a more "white" rather than blue color temp.

I echo Billy's observations and underline that you assembled all the pieces with a finishing strip over the butt joint, but you left the pieces trimmed for overlap, so it's nor right nor nice to see. The biceps are way too big and the finishing strips on the arms seem too narrow.

And yes, the back of your thighs doesn't look too good for the same reason, and the back of the shins must have the finishing strip on the outside. The shims don't look too good either.

It definitely needs some work, personally I'd start over but that's just me.

Edited by TKDUEUNO

I think the idea of the eib programme was to promote costuming excellence, not seeing who can make their suit look the shabbiest!

I think painting the ears a basic requirement from the start. The shims in the torso should be well fitted. The legs could be better too.

Just because I like to replicate a few costuming errors seen on screen doesn't mean my gear does not fit well and look well made ;)

If your itention was to show off your raw looking stunt setup, maybe a thread to do so was better placed somewhere else and not in the eib application forum?

I echo Billy's observations and underline that you assembled all the pieces with a finishing strip over the butt joint, but you left the pieces trimmed for overlap, so it's nor right nor nice to see. The biceps are way too big and the finishing strips on the arms seem too narrow.

And yes, the back of your thighs doesn't look too good for the same reason, and the back of the shins must have the finishing strip on the outside. The shims don't look too good either.

It definitely needs some work, personally I'd start over but that's just me.

I did not assemble the suit with the finishing strips over the overlaps. the overlaps are trimmed off.

my biceps, and arms are fitted that way because my arms are too large for armor trimmed any other way. I have armor bites on my biceps, and forearms.

every time I wear it.

if you look at some people's thighs in the EIB program you can clearly see large shims on their backs, while mine don't have any shims at all.

if I cut off the overlaps on my forearms, and biceps my arms would not fit inside them.

I am 5 11" and thick in the shoulders, arms and chest. my legs are skinny, but my torso is short. my neck is also so short that my helmet

does not allow me to fully turn my head.

I think the idea of the eib programme was to promote costuming excellence, not seeing who can make their suit look the shabbiest!

I think painting the ears a basic requirement from the start. The shims in the torso should be well fitted. The legs could be better too.

Just because I like to replicate a few costuming errors seen on screen doesn't mean my gear does not fit well and look well made ;)

If your itention was to show off your raw looking stunt setup, maybe a thread to do so was better placed somewhere else and not in the eib application forum?

this same suit, was passed completely and has gotten compliments from the detachment leader, and several others...

but now, that it's in this wonky stunt "configuration" by putting on certain parts in a more "stunt" or ie sloppy manner

replicated the inside joke you mentioned about certain things in the past.

the shims in the torso are fitted that way to replicate the exact way they look in the photo screen capture provided.

only problem is that I'm 30 LBS larger than harrison ford.

and I"m 6 inches shorter, and I have "no neck"

Well, from the first and fifth photo I can clearly see lots of room in the biceps, so I think armor bites are caused by improper fitting. I have all my pieces tight and no armor bites at all.

Edited by TKDUEUNO

I believe what you are seeing in the sidegap shim picture you've used as a reference is just a displacement in the kidney piece connecting with the ab piece. The other white bit behind the kidney piece is just light from a Star Wars panel from the set.

After much consideration I have changed the following elements of my kit:

cut the back tip off the thighs, added snaps to the inside to keep them shut when climbing stairs.

added new elastic to my chestplate to back plate connection, was getting worn out.

moved my shin cover strips to the outside and re-did the velcro.

changed my boots to TK boots... only will wear CA boots on long walking troops.

opened my forearms, removed 1/2 of the overlap on one side and added velcro to close them up.

should help the oversized look a bit.

painted the single rank bar on the helmet.

and finally I have my voice system.

I should have photos of this new fitting up in a week or so.

Well, from the first and fifth photo I can clearly see lots of room in the biceps, so I think armor bites are caused by improper fitting. I have all my pieces tight and no armor bites at all.

my arms are twice your size. to get no gaps at all, which is not required for EIB. I would have to use the velcro method

of assembly and I did not do that.

if you commented like this on a trooper with huge thighs, which at the top would fit tight, but at the bottom would

be loose, would you say that they were "improperly fitted"?

heres a photo showing why I don't accept the notion of my arms being fitted wrong.

ArmsFitting 006.jpg

people don't all have skinny trooper frames in this hobby.

pablo, your comment is incorrect.

this suit passed muster before.

these negative comments in this thread are so completely against the rules I think I might have to take a few

of you off of my friends list.

I believe what you are seeing in the sidegap shim picture you've used as a reference is just a displacement in the kidney piece connecting with the ab piece. The other white bit behind the kidney piece is just light from a Star Wars panel from the set.

I created my shims to replicate the offset created by the join.

also were made to allow me to bend over at the waist and pick somthing up

off the ground.

Vern

For someone who as such a critical eye when it comes to others I find it quite strange that you are

unable to see where I’m coming from with my comments and opinions.

OK, so you want to talk screen grabs?.

the shin armor is fitted that way on purpose for emulating a stunt fitting

No it isn’t. All the research and evidence that we have up to this point of screen used suits,

be they Stunt or Hero, clearly shows that the back of the calf closure as a finishing strip that

is secured/stuck down to the outside of each of the appropriate legs,

ie;- Right leg = Right outside edge Left leg=Left outside edge

calves02.jpg

We know that in most cases that the calf’s/shins were not secured shut but simply ‘clam shelled’ to

The actors legs, which resulted in the backs opening and shutting as the actors moved.

We also know that where some fixings were added they used a primitive ‘Hook, Hole & Elastic’

set up to help them be more secure.

openingh.jpg

I think your screen shot shows one of two things, either the actor was wearing the wrong parts in the wrong places

(which happened all throughout the film) ie;- left on right, right on left or the inside managed to overlap the outside

Whilst moving resulting in the undersuit getting caught in the opening.

the thights are fitted just fine.

there is nothing wrong at all with the backs of my thigh armor.

perhaps the camera angle being a bit downwards makes them look

"improperly fitted"

if you look at screen caps the backs of my thighs have many of the same details.

Vern, really?,…come on mate, how can you say that?.

Granted the camera angle may throw off the perspective but I can’t see any similarities at all.

I know that sounds harsh, and please forgive me because it is not my intention to be rude

In any way what so ever, but to make a statement like that is just plain silly mate.

same suit?

The phrase ‘if it aint broken, why fix it?†comes to mind.

If you’ve submitted photo’s of your armour before and they were excepted then why change

a winning formula and mess with the set up to try and emulate what you perceive to be so

called ‘stunt’ traits when a couple of simple changes would have been more then adequate

to insure your chances of approval.

side shims are fitted that way to emulate the uneven fitting on a real stormtrooper suit.

st5.jpg

Again, totally wrong. That screen shot clearly shows that the kidney plate is sitting higher

than it normally would. It may have ridden up or the strapping may have given out at the front.

What we do know is that the Abb plate is designed to sit level with the top of the kidney

at the sides and all our research and information clearly shows this.

Rank bar left off of helmet until setup is approved.

Sorry mate, that should be there from the start, its part and parcel of a standard helmet set up

hengstler is fitted wonky to replicate the stunt configuration.

I make it fit differently for a "hero" configuration.

the unit mounts with a steel bar and a screw assembly.

this is tilted on purpose, and can be adjusted by the screw assembly.

I even considered glueing the hengstler on with hot glue for this

build, but then I changed my mind.

your arrow is pointing at the black duct tape I used to emulate

black hot glue.

Vern, fair play to you mate for trying to think outside the box, but its wonky.

Everyone who submits photos for EIB conform to a set criteria ,why push things where you don’t have to?.

The glue idea would have been brilliant mate, and I’ve done this on a few Sterling’s that I’ve built in the past

But I still wouldn’t have gone with the wonky look just because there happens to be a screen grab capturing

one in the process of falling off.

I value your opinion billy, but you're being a lot more detailed on a suit that's been

fitted especially to look a little more wonky. and it has been approved

before TWICE. with exactly the same details.

Thank you mate, as I really do value you as a member of this Detachment, and I really do mean that.

But, as I said before, why change things when you don’t have to. You said yourself that you wanted

‘more ragged’ or ‘wonky’ look, good for you mate, but why not submit a standard application for Stunt and

then start a thread showing of your ‘raw’ look as mentioned by Mark-FBJ.

the belt did come down a little on my AB plate, but I don't think that requires a reshoot.

I have seen thighs, and belts fitted just exactly like mine on other "deployed" threads

some belts on EIB's have too many seams, are fitted high, or low, and some have visible

areas where you can see the plastic inside the belt. should those troopers change that?

As I said before, this is my personal observation and opinion on this submission and not any

others, whether they be right or wrong. The fact is from your photos you can clearly see that

the canvas material used in the belt is far too thin and is gathering. Now correct me if I’m wrong

but I’ve yet to see a single stormtrooper on screen that as a belt that acts in this way.

As for plastic inserts, too many seems and whether or not those troopers who have gained EIB

should change them that is not for me to say. What I can say, and this is my opinion, is that all

submissions should clearly show the definable attributes of the stormtrooper costume.

If this is not the case then it should be questioned as to why this is not so.

and billy, you mentioned nothing at all about my wonky hovi mix?

perhaps you should suggest that I make that more perfect?

Far from it mate, and even though you were trying to be a wee bit sarcastic with your comment,

Which by the way is recognised as the lowest form of wit, I did notice them, and the strategically

Placed ‘wonky’ one but decided not to comment on them.

I have also put the tubestripes on wonky on this premium AP lid. more of the rich

detail of george's armor builders!~

I can also point out other details seen in the photos, such as my undersuit is a little wrinkled,

my neckseal bib is poking out in a few areas, ( gee, more real details from the film )

and my long hair can actually be seen tucked into my chest plate on one side.

my boots have a few scuffs on them... and sadly they are shiny. ( evil CA boots... )

should I throw away my CA boots?

I thought about putting my shins on the wrong legs, and my bicep armor on backwards

just for fireblade jedi!

As Mark –FBJ stated, all these and other observations and idiosyncrasies that you may wish to

Incorporate in to a set of armour are better suited for another thread and not necessarily what

Would normally be part of a submission for EIB.

Right, OK now we’ve got all that out of the way,….take a look at this

Vern, I think you’re going to like this because its full of AP goodness B)

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11391

TK7388-frontH.jpg

TK7388-back.jpg

That there is Dmian-TK-7388-Damian and his submission for EIB ANH Stunt, which in my opinion is

nigh on practically perfect.

Same set of armour as your good self, same EIB request, with one noticeable difference, attention to detail.

It as nothing to do with height, weight, wonkyness, the price of beans or which armour you bloody have.

It’s about interpreting the information that is available to all of us and adding in a hell of a lot of heart and soul

to try and achieve the best within our capabilities.

First and foremost I am a member of this Detachment, and I can say hand on heart that I am proud of my Elite/EIB

achievement and of what it means. This is not, and never should be, something that is taken lightly by anyone.

and all of us should strive to keep it that way and NOT dilute its meaning.

Please take this post as it was meant, with nothing but the best intentions