Look out for this guy!

TK_LEPER

On June 7th, 2010... I bought a helmet on ebay from this "fan_made" guy. I paid for the item immediately, and never received it. And he almost never responds to my messages, even with the dispute I had opened. After three weeks of , he submitted a USPS tracking number. But they had no record of receiving anything from him. Then on July 20th, he sends me a message saying he "shipped the item today." It's been a week now (in addition to the six weeks prior) and guess what!? NO HELMET!! So buyers beware! Listing says he's in Southern Cali, if anyone's out that way, could you pick up my helmet for me?

Edited by TK 4702

About 8 months ago, I bought a Vader helmet from him. He seemed to be ok. I was actually able to pick it up from him, back then I lived a few minutes for his location in Covina, CA. I now live about 30 minute away.

Sometimes he gets behind, There was a long wait for my Pulse Rifle kit but he made extremely good on it. Gave me a free Han Solo bust and a coupon for a free helmet or bust with my next order as well. Work with him, and be patient and I'm pretty sure he will take care of you.

Looks like a SFS to me. The vocoder is very sharp. Being late on orders is a common complaint with the seller. One guy was threatening legal action on the Dented Helmet forum. Not sure if it was ever resolved.

Ā 

Ā 

This was his response to the negative feedback I left him.

Ā 

"Hey Amigo, I sent your item provided tracking and on top of that Ebay gave you a refund, I have the email to prove it. What else could I have done? Maybe mow your lawn?"

Ā 

My response:

Ā 

Dear fan_made,

Ā 

The USPS has no record of you shipping the item under that tracking

number. All they can confirm is that you payed for the shipping label.

It's been a Month and a half, and I luckily just got my money back as a

courtesy from ebay. If the helmet DID show up on my door step

tomorrow, I would give the funds back to ebay, even consider

retracting the negative feedback. But you told me you shipped it on

two different accounts, the last time was on July 17th (more than two

weeks ago)! It should have been here by now... Besides, I originally

paid for this item on the 11th of June, how happy can you realistically

expect me to be with this transaction?

Ā 

- jjmcclear

Ā 

Uh... Am I the one who's wrong here?

Edited by TK 4702

Uh... Am I the one who's wrong here?

Ā 

Not at all. You paid for the item (even if you got a refund), he gave you a fake/non-working tracking number, the item was never shipped or received. Negative feedback is the least he should receive IMO. It's just VERY bad business.

The guy is a known recaster on other costuming sites. He couldn't even be bothered to remove the original makers initials from the item he recast. Not really surprising he doesn't bother to ship his items in timely fashion, or at all.

His response below, he usually only responds when ebay gets involved. This time it's because I left negative feedback. One things for sure, he doesn't seem to take responsibility for his own actions. I paid instantly, and that was June 11th dude!

Ā 

Dear jjmcclear,

Ā 

I shipped it and have not checked on it. Once something leaves I assume all is well if there are no emails to the contrary. I am sorry if you did not recieve it, I included as an apology a set of accurate decals for the helmet which cost me $30 (a while back). All I can say is you could have emailed me and said you did not recieve it. You got your funds back and I am out the cash, the item and the feedback. Fantastic.

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks

Edited by TK 4702

Oh I know... that's been his game all along. I mean, every seller screws up once in a while (including me). But at least level with me, be a man about it, and take some responsibility for your actions.

So what your saying is that we have here a recaster who has no feeling of responsibility towards his customers, and who infact may be trying to rip them off?

Ā 

Go figure. :rolleyes::lol:

Ā 

In all seriousness, I do hope it all works out ok for you Jesse.

Well, ebay refunded my money thankfully.

Ā 

And honestly, at this point... I could care less about getting the lid. Especially now that I'm hearing he's a re-caster!

I really just wanted to spare others, who might be considering a purchase from this guy.

Ā 

Jess

Edited by TK 4702

I'm disappointed with the situation. I noticed he has made his ebay feedback private; not a good sign. As a seller myself, I can understand getting behind and stuff. Heck I'm behind right now but i made significant catch up yesterday and today. I hardly ever have postage issues. This guy seems plagued with them. Case in point, If you can't make good on what you promise you will not succeed in this community as a seller. I guess his next step is to start a new ebay account and start over. If that happens then the deceit becomes obvious. Best keep a lookout.

I did buy a Jawa blaster kit from him last year and it crap-o-la.

Took 5 weeks to get which he stated 10 days in his auction and he never replied to messages. I filed a paypal claim and threatened negative feedback and he replied with a tracking number, it arrived a week later and was junk. I left him appropriate feedback based on

my experience with this seller.

Ā 

I just checked on his id and this is what is shows....

Ā 

Ā 

Member id fan_made (private) Not a registered user

Edited by darthvader

Not to beat a dead dewback or anything... ;) but I still haven't received a helmet from the guy, not that I should get one for free, just that he swore that he shipped it on the 17th of July. So, I would definitely suggest avoiding anything on ebay that looks like it might be from this guy, the zero feedback rating should be a good indicator as well.