Armor Trivia

Daetrin

How this works is one person asks a question, someone else has to answer. If the answer is correct, that person has to ask a new question.

I'll start: which direction do the swoops face (back or forward) on the shoulder bells of a TK suit?

How this works is one person asks a question, someone else has to answer. If the answer is correct, that person has to ask a new question.

I'll start: which direction do the swoops face (back or forward) on the shoulder bells of a TK suit?

In ANH, it is believed there was only one shoulder bell mold for TKs, so the swoop faces front and back depending on which shoulder it was worn on. Wearer's right shoulder swoops back, wearer's left swoops front. Am I right?

Correct!!! Your question?

Oh, and some history I found on the MEPD boards as reference

From Troopermaster:

Well as we already know,the sandtrooper was the original armour made for filming in Tunisia,so that would account for all of them having a 'straight' strip on the shoulder bells.

When the stormtrooper armour was made for the studio filming,they made extra parts to make up for missing sandtrooper accessories.New stuff like the belt drop boxes,shoulder straps,knee plate,02 canister and must have made the modification to the shoulder bell with the flare?

I am only guessing here but if 'none' of the sandies have the flare then it was made after for the stormtroopers.Maybe it was changed to match the width of the bicep strip?

FWIW,the flare only goes in one direction.Faces forward if worn on the left arm and backwards worn on the right.

DOH!!! :blink: I forgot to list the MG15!!!

A Japanese pistol for ESB promo's... who'da thunk it? Man Seth, you ARE a SW geek!! LOL ;)

So how does THIS situation work, two different people fill in the blanks in different halves? LOL I choose to defer to Seth, he knows all that strange minutia, plus I don't have time to think of any GOOD questions as I'm trying to grunt out a couple of Jawas costumes in the next few hours for my kids... we're goin' troopin' tonight!! WOO HOO!! :P

Well, looks like I picked the wrong time to go on vacation! Model 99! That was driving me nuts as I had read it long ago, but the name was long forgotten. Uh, okay, this should be fairly easy;

"How many different types of handbacks are used throughout the OT by stormtroopers & sandtroopers"?

List them out yo! Hint- different materials count as a variant.

LOL.... THREE.... the (cool one IMO) with the "pentagonal" shape, the (FUGLY one IMO) Cheese-grater type seen on one TD and the (looks like a folded wallet IMO) one in ESB that is more rounded in appearance.

Thanks for the image - I knew of the other three but this one was confusing me.

Next question?

• 3 months later...

I got a question for you all <_< ... How many of you actually know who the original stormtroopers where? :mellow: the answer is kind of disturbing :(

I got a question for you all <_< ... How many of you actually know who the original stormtroopers where? :mellow: the answer is kind of disturbing :(

Original in the Star Wars realm of our world, or in the non-Star Wars world that our alter egos live in this very day?

If it is the world that we live in today, you're right the answer is very disturbing. But then again so much from the Imperial world was ttaken from that period of world history. If nothing else, it can be said that history can be taught through amny different forms.

Original in the Star Wars realm of our world, or in the non-Star Wars world that our alter egos live in this very day?

If it is the world that we live in today, you're right the answer is very disturbing. But then again so much from the Imperial world was ttaken from that period of world history. If nothing else, it can be said that history can be taught through amny different forms.

Yes, my question was from our modern world, (I should have specified that sorry) and so many of us know who George modeled the Empire off of... :(

DOH!!! :blink: I forgot to list the MG15!!!

A Japanese pistol for ESB promo's... who'da thunk it? Man Seth, you ARE a SW geek!! LOL ;)

So how does THIS situation work, two different people fill in the blanks in different halves? LOL I choose to defer to Seth, he knows all that strange minutia, plus I don't have time to think of any GOOD questions as I'm trying to grunt out a couple of Jawas costumes in the next few hours for my kids... we're goin' troopin' tonight!! WOO HOO!! :P

Was the MG - 13 ever used, because it is pretty much the same as a 34 just with a MAG and a folding stock???

HERE IS A GENERAL QUESTION THAT I GOT FROM MY GIRL FRIEND...

How many people all together played Anakin/Darth Vader? this includes voice actors and anyone that put on the suit.

HERE IS A GENERAL QUESTION THAT I GOT FROM MY GIRL FRIEND...

How many people all together played Anakin/Darth Vader? this includes voice actors and anyone that put on the suit.

From memory, I'll say six:

1. David Prowse in the OT

2. James Earl Jones doing voice in the OT

3. Can't recall guy's name as Annakin in ROJT

4. Young Annakin in EPI

5. Hayden in EPII & EPIII

6. The guy who did Anakin's voice in the Clone Wars toon.

Not sure if there was a stunt person for ROTJ fight scene or not.