Who is this? *Helmet*

chaosticbunny

Actually VT stands for "Vaccum This" not Vac Trooper. Don't Worry its happend before, Right Scootch? LoL

VT is a great choice for ABS armor that is very accurate for those living in the USA. Trust worthy seller! It derived from TE's molds.

Yea pretty good stuff. I had an early VT helmet that was very thin,but he has since upgraded to a heavier gauge plastic. Good guy to work with, i traded him a Vader kit for a TK kit way back when. Stand up guy.B)

Actually VT stands for "Vaccum This" not Vac Trooper. Don't Worry its happend before, Right Scootch? LoL

VT is a great choice for ABS armor that is very accurate for those living in the USA. Trust worthy seller! It derived from TE's molds.

does he have new molds? my last knowledge was his armor molds are from AP. The helmets are another story.

For a recast. dry.gifmad.gif

Other than TM, what isn't a recast?

The Gino molds never touched the inside of a screen used helmet and if I recall correctly, the TE2 molds were done at the same time as the Gino molds spurring the big argument between TE and Gino concerning the damage to the molds. Seems to me that both of those molds came from the same source so there apparently is a missing casting out there somewhere thats the father of both sets of molds. That missing casting was what was taken from the original screen used helmet.

So due to all this hooplah-ha-ha every bucket cast from the DaveM/BrianR Helmets are in essence recasts of some nature.

So then we all want to find out who are legitimate sellers of helmets based on the DM/BR castings and its never gonna happen thanks to good ol' TE's shennanigans.

ATA is only "legitimate" because somehow or another a lack of objection was translated into "permission". The same person also didn't make objection to PT's act of recasting. So I guess that means he has permission too?

I think everybody needs to just shut up and wear their armor. There are so many other dead horses we could be beating as this one has had enuff.

Edited by Smitty

I think everybody needs to just shut up and wear their armor. There are so many other dead horses we could be beating as this one has had enuff.

I agree with Smitty on this last part....

From what i can figure out TE2 owns the original molds made and the gino are duplicates(recasts) made during the strange dealings between these people, so the gino ANH are not the "touched the inside of a screen used" as he claims (still) but are permitted recasts (would he still have permission now?).

The Gino molds never touched the inside of a screen used helmet and if I recall correctly, the TE2 molds were done at the same time as the Gino molds spurring the big argument between TE and Gino concerning the damage to the molds. Seems to me that both of those molds came from the same source so there apparently is a missing casting out there somewhere thats the father of both sets of molds. That missing casting was what was taken from the original screen used helmet.

So due to all this hooplah-ha-ha every bucket cast from the DaveM/BrianR Helmets are in essence recasts of some nature.

So then we all want to find out who are legitimate sellers of helmets based on the DM/BR castings and its never gonna happen thanks to good ol' TE's shennanigans.

ATA is only "legitimate" because somehow or another a lack of objection was translated into "permission". The same person also didn't make objection to PT's act of recasting. So I guess that means he has permission too?

worfisfrustratedrh3.gif

All I get is a facepalm?

Seriously Matt re-read what I wrote and ask yourself why is PT villified while ATA is cheered? They are in essence the same deed.

I'm not out to make ATA look like a bad guy. Don't anybody get me wrong on that. ATA is a great armor option. Just using it as the perfect example of my point.

All I get is a facepalm?

Seriously Matt re-read what I wrote and ask yourself why is PT villified while ATA is cheered? They are in essence the same deed.

I'm not out to make ATA look like a bad guy. Don't anybody get me wrong on that. ATA is a great armor option. Just using it as the perfect example of my point.

Not a face palm mate, more of a " Frak, here we go again". ;)

I agree with Smitty on this last part....

From what i can figure out TE2 owns the original molds made and the gino are duplicates(recasts) made during the strange dealings between these people, so the gino ANH are not the "touched the inside of a screen used" as he claims (still) but are permitted recasts (would he still have permission now?).

Best I can tell is the Gino molds and the TE2 molds are the same generation. The Gino molds being less cleaned up are more true to the originals whereas the TE2 being just a wee bit sanitized makes for a more troopable bucket while still retaining a collectable quality.

My real question is this VT worth it over AP seconds?

I would choose the VT over an AP second. That's based solely on what I think would look better.

Edited by Smitty

I've gotten a VT helmet for free, directly from him, and it's a great helmet. It's a TE recast as you may have already been informed. I've never owned an AP nor an AP second, but from what I've read and seen they're both of great quality.

It's a matter of preference. They're both roughly the same size as well.

For price AND quality, go with AP seconds.

Edited by TK-7980

I think it was gino himself who said he made duplicates of the originals then damaged them and sent them back to T*E who sold them i beleive to TE2 ...so infact TE2 has the "touched the insides of a screen used helmet" molds even if they were damaged they have the lineage. :D

That makes sense. And in that case, Ginos molds would be copies of the TE2 molds which I believe is the same thing that was done for the AP molds. That should make all three "brothers" and everything else recasted from kits made from those 3 sets of molds. It sure would be nice to know exactly how that deal went down. Since you cant trust TE, Gino stays tight lipped and AP got to the party late, I guess we'll never know.

Somewhere on these boards is a loooooong thread about the whole debacle. Gino and TE both spilled. My understanding was that TE let Gino borrow the faceplate and cap n back and when Gino gave it back it was damaged.... Gino cast the armor molds directly from the ROTJ set of armor I as I recall...Matt sold casts of his original ROTJ molds to GF who did a resculpt (poorly) to match ANH. Then Matt had Dan laws sculpt a new set of molds. Then Matt recast himself, selling the recast armor molds to TE2 and the original helmet molds as well. Then he came out with the HDPE and SFS molds...Then he sold his SFS helmet molds.. Then He recast CAP and was selling his TE armor for a very short time. THEN he whipped out the ROTJ molds and started again (they were at least in part recast from CAP). THEN he sold those again!!! Man will anyone ever learn... The only authorized people to sell armor (if there is such a thing) is Gino, TE2 ( from being a victim) , AP and TM. There has been debate about TM authenticity....but at the very least he has made the molds all his. If they were ever recast there aint much left that hasnt been made better than anything out there.

In my opinion the armor wars ended a long time ago. I really dont see where its worth it to argue such nonsense anymore. CAP succeeded in doing what he always planned to do. He obsessed about F'ing Matt over. All he ever talked about was screwing Matt. He planned to make his CAP armor available to everyone and even showed them how to recast it, make a table and make the armor. Thats how Marcus, PT, Scootch, ATA, TE, VT and SOOOOOO many others got the molds. He wanted to "bring down the walls on all the Bull Shift". and he did. When he was done messing everything up he disappeared into thin air. Mission accomplished Chris.

I guess you had to be here...

Edited by TK-4510