AP ESB helmet build[*AP]

So here it is!!! Finaly got around to posting up pictures. Sorry for the lack of pictures too, i kinda tend to get carried away and forget to take pictures of my progress. I think i was going for screen accuracy.....althought the paint brush got away from me a few times(thanks pabst blue ribbon!!!) theres a few things here and there im iffy on, but this is my first build, so im proud either way!!so some things may not be up to par. Oh well!! Im waiten on my rt-mod bucket so i can steal the hovis. Ill also be posten the completed pictures as well as the brutaly gnarly ugly inside of the bucket. I need to find my heat gun though. The back of the ears have way to much of a gap for my liking.

Again, ill be posten more pictures soon. All comments and advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated! Im here to learn and better my tk skills!!

Cut out and ready to sand

d060fa9d.jpg

all sanded

e3cf2692.jpg

top an back. Trimmed an decaled!!!

36f51de9.jpg

front. Ready to trim and file the eyes and teeth

96abcba5.jpg

front. Sanded, trimmed, painted and decaled

63d82f4f.jpg

assembled!!! Missing hovis.

504c953e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Found some more pictures, as well as taking new completed pictures.

I cut alot of the extra abs, then with an exacto knife, i just traced where i wanted to cut, an continued to apply pressure till i could bend or peel off the finished product! It was very easy.

3a3b2ffb.jpg

01ffb234.jpg

Painted, trimmed, and ready to assemble

a29dec1c.jpg

81d07af9.jpg

0f0439c6.jpg

2920d29a.jpg

bd40d4b6.jpg

0122590a.jpg

2d5b394a.jpg

72b347ae.jpg

397cbcab.jpg

39d19638.jpg

1da6329d.jpg

f67b7ec9.jpg

I will be minimizing the eye bump quite a bit when i get some free time. Im also going to be padding it soon!

I want to thank tim for the mesh! I really aplreciate it, an love your helmet. I got it tuesday. Perfection at its finest!

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

I must say im proud of my first build!

• 3 weeks later...

Finaly padded. And all thanks to mr. soldermaster!!!

Its set up like my rt-mod. Cause......its beyond comfy!

bd7bc557.jpg

I put some screen type weather stripping around the eyes. Im not sure why. Maybe in one of my many unsober states i thought it was pure genious! But. It is pretty neat. I noticed the AP helmets fit alot more snug with padding. I took out my rt-mod padding, an i couldnt get my head in, then when i did, my entire face was smashed forward! But it works....not too pretty, but works

047d38bf.jpg

441acde3.jpg

I did thin down the back padding.

But now this helmet feels like my rt-mod! I love it! May not be the pretties thing on the inside, but it sure is comfortable!

Thanks a gazillion soldermaster(brian) for the padding! Its perfect and your a life saver!

The decals are next on my list. Then the helmet eill

Be completely 100% done. Im just using what i have for now since this took a dump on me, an decided it wanted to choke out and stall everytime i let off the gas or take it out of park!! So pretty much my armor fund is becominh less each day.

b7ed5561.jpg