Is there a how-to for harness?

Hey Pablo, this looks like a great way to rig the armor. I have no skills in this crafting and will get my armor some time this year so I am doing all of the research now. The snaps that are attached to the armor, you attach them how?

Glue.

Glue.

lol Well yes, of course. My question (without ever having seen a set of armor yet in my hands) is that the snaps are set onto swuares of white and then glued to the armor. I was just curious what his choice of material was for the little squares.

lol Well yes, of course. My question (without ever having seen a set of armor yet in my hands) is that the snaps are set onto swuares of white and then glued to the armor. I was just curious what his choice of material was for the little squares.

you can also use 1" webbing for snap plates - just poke a hole through for the snap. I used an old saudering iron for doing that. make the webbing about 2" long and just put glue on the ends, not the snap itself.

So does anyone else use the harness setup like Pablo? I like the ideas because I imagine (since I have no armor yet. *sigh*) that it would keep everything right where you want it when trooping.

Edited by columbiamo

I think that using suspenders is a waste of time and effort. Connect your chest with the ab with elastics and snaps and let the whole torso rest on your shoulders.

I think that using suspenders is a waste of time and effort. Connect your chest with the ab with elastics and snaps and let the whole torso rest on your shoulders.

What he said.

Plus it's just more junk under your armor that gets in the way.

-Eric

• 1 month later...

You and me both, if I don't go crazy waiting for it to turn up first LOL :shok:

*sigh* I am just going to curl up into a little ball and hold myself when my kit gets here. lol :shok:

• 2 weeks later...

This was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks guys for making this thread! Pablo, I love your system, but I may choose to forgo the suspenders. I'm going to let the torso hang like was suggested by others, and use a hockey garder belt to hold the thighs up.

I have my RT-Mod kit sitting in my hot little hands and itching to be finished. Hopefully I'll have it done in time for howloween, since it's such a great time of year for random trooping and costuming :)