Pre-clearance photos (ANH Stunt)

These are my wife's pre-clearance photos.

I'm posting them here before we send them into the GML for any last minute advice.

Are there any glaring mistakes? Have we missed anything?

Even though the current Hasboro E-11 doesn't make the grade, we'd like the armour to be as close to EIB standard as possible so feel free to be picky.

One thing we'd like to do is a Luke Skywalker-style chest plate trim becasue that's the one part that's a bit big on her. Anyone know if that would be a problem for clearance purposes?

Clear01.jpg

Clear02.jpg

Clear03.jpg

Clear04.jpg

Clear05.jpg

Clear06.jpg

Clear07.jpg

Clear08.jpg

Clear09.jpg

Clear15.jpg

Clear16.jpg

Clear10.jpg

Clear11.jpg

Clear12.jpg

Richard the armour looks great mate :) , the only thing that is a simple adjustment is to lower the biceps slightly to make the gap between the bicep and forearm less ;)

Cheers. Noted and agreed.

I think we might have had the biceps right in the elbow joint though. Her upper arms aren't that long (she's around 5'4"). I'll see if we can squeeze out another centimetre or two. Maybe even disconnect the strap from the shoulder to the bicep alltogether?

Nothing jumps out at me that would prevent EIB, though I agree some judicious trimming on the arms may be in order. If you brush off your copy of ANH it will give you some great references to emulate. She can certainly do the Luke look, or trim more to try to emulate a regular height trooper. Long term you may try to taper the thighs more near the bottom - tricky but worth if if you can.

Blaster may be the only issue...I suggest just posting in the Request EIB area and letting Terrell check it.

Great, thanks for the input.

A D-ring will be added to the blaster but I think if she decides to actually apply for EIB status in the long-term, there are other issues with the Hasboro and we'd be better looking for a replacement. But she wanted a blaster that was light-weight and made noises! :lol:

:D

Original made in Dortmund!

Really!?! :) cool, a "german" trooper, eh!?!....it's 350km away from me....

Greetings from a other german trooper :salute:

Ok, i think she is small but mighty...also a good trooper and sure larger than luke :lol:

Cheers....

Looks great! Is that an AP kit? Regardless, should be a very easy pass for basic 501st acceptance, even with the Hasbro blaster. :duim:

The undersuit seems a bit baggy on her, it's especially noticeable at the elbows. Do you have "Underarmor" or some other brand that fits more snugly available where you are?

I'd also suggest replacing the handplates with some latex (or non-latex) handplates & rubber gloves from Sonnenschein or another vendor. The ones she has look a bit large for her hands.

I personally think the chestplate looks fine as is, even though in some photos it coveres the top button. As I recall, Luke's chestplate did the same.

Oh, and I love the fact that your wife is just as into this as you are. You're a lucky dude. :)

Looking good! My only small things are:

- could the eye holes be trimmed slightly more? They seem a little "deep"".

- the blaster could pass if it had a D-ring on the back and some T-rack on both sides. It either needs to have 7 T-racks total, or 6 and the lower left side rack ground down and holes put in it's place.

It's great that your wife is supportive of this hobby too!

Looks pretty good. I did notice the baggy undersuit on the elbows too. The gloves were a lil large too, kinda "Mickey Mouse" esque. You should be very proud to have such a beautiful wife trooping with you. I love when my wife troops with me :dancing-trooper:

Looks great! Is that an AP kit?

Thanks for the comments. I don't do endorsements. ;) Unless I start getting free stuff! :lol:

The undersuit seems a bit baggy on her, it's especially noticeable at the elbows. Do you have "Underarmor" or some other brand that fits more snugly available where you are?

The suit is great apart from one part on the arms where it is looser. Not sure why. Mine is exactly the same. Bit expensive to replace at the moment.

I'd also suggest replacing the handplates with some latex (or non-latex) handplates & rubber gloves from Sonnenschein or another vendor. The ones she has look a bit large for her hands.

Yeah, agreed. I have the non-latex version from Karin for myself and they're superb. I'll have to get some for the missus too.

Oh, and I love the fact that your wife is just as into this as you are. You're a lucky dude. :)

To say she was just as into it as I am would be an exageration but yeah, she's definitely been infected by the bug by me and it's going to be great trooping as Mr. & Mrs. TK.

Looking good! My only small things are:

- could the eye holes be trimmed slightly more? They seem a little "deep"".

Yeah, sure. There's always room for more sanding. I was going for slightly droopy-eyed but maybe overdid it.

- the blaster could pass if it had a D-ring on the back and some T-rack on both sides. It either needs to have 7 T-racks total, or 6 and the lower left side rack ground down and holes put in it's place.

Would that even meet EIB standards? That would be cool. I'm not really into the idea of trying to make a Hasboro meet EIB standards but my wife really likes the light-weight plastic blaster (that makes noises! :D ).

It's great that your wife is supportive of this hobby too!

You said it! B)

You should be very proud to have such a beautiful wife trooping with you. I love when my wife troops with me :dancing-trooper:

Cool. Does your wife wear the white plastic too?

Looking good, definitively ready for EIB I say.

She makes a good Luke height-wise. Put a hero lid on her head and a grappling hook and comlink on her belt and voilá: Luke in TK disguise!

Looking good, definitively ready for EIB I say.

She makes a good Luke height-wise. Put a hero lid on her head and a grappling hook and comlink on her belt and voilá: Luke in TK disguise!

I think that's a great idea! Especially given we only have 1 or 2 EIBs that opted for the grappling hook & comlink combination.

A good way to make the forarms fit better and bring the bi-ceps down a little would be like this.

4535378607_05ffc91fa7_o.jpg

There are two ways to trim the chest plate first off like you said go for the Luke look,the second would be to trim the neck area down more and pull the chest plate up with some strap adjustments.All in all a top build EIB next!

All in all a top build EIB next!

Thanks very much, Peter. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've trimmed quite a bit from inside the forearm as you suggested so I think the next step will be to attach it to the bicep and see if that improves things even more.

Oh, and the reason the build turned out as well as it did ..... I was following your build photos! :D

I thanked you here ... http://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29166

... but I'll say it again ... Thanks! Your flickr page was a massive help.

Wow. Looks very good!

If your wife wants to add some height, she ought to add some padding to the inside top of her helmet. An extra inch or so of padding would lift the helmet off her shoulder straps, show off a bit of neckseal, and keep the overall effect from appearing too squat.

Great job!...