LJJNL's ANH TM Stunt build[*TM]

Today, whilst I was at the office, my girlfriend stayed home to wait for a certain delivery. Around 11:00 (well beyond the regular delivery time) she figured she could go and get her nails done. Just at that point the tracking status changed to 'Out for delivery'!

I called my girlfriend to notify here about the incoming package.

"I'm not at home right now".. After a small black-out I asked her to get home asap and wait for the package. Of course, in the hour she was gone, there was a attempt to deliver. Leaving a ticket behind saying the next delivery would be after the weekend.

Great, just GREAT!

But I didn't leave it at that. No way, I'm not going to let a TK-suit come all the way to my front door just to have it taken away from me again! :D I started to mail & call the parcel service to find out where the nearest depot was. After getting in touch with their administration I managed to get the package from the depot at the end of the day! Yes, the force is strong in this one ;)

01.jpg

There it is! The. best. package. ever!

So today ended very well! I got the TM armor and I can still love my girlfriend ;)

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

The rest of the TK accessories:

05.jpg

So now it's time to start.. Somewhere :)

This will be my build thread, so more pictures are on the way :)

Greets,

Lennaert

ALRIGHT! Your armor came. :dancing-trooper: It seems everytime I try to get to my TK armor build, I get distracted by another project. I'm ready to beguin & the mailman drops off my wife's Tie Pilot bobdy armor :tie: Well I can't do much work, just waiting on her chestbox to come & she's complete. So guell I'll get started on the TK :trooper:

ah yes. i remember that day... mine wasnt as dramatic, but still. :P congrats on receiving the great brown box. :) its rather fun yet very aggravating project building the suit. mine was a love/hate thing. lol. wink.gif cant wait for more pics. smile.gif

How long did you have to wait to get your armor? Where you on the list long?

From request to delivery: almost 2 months. The longest wait was indeed the waiting list. Once it was my turn, it took about 10 days to get it shipped. But it was well worth the wait! Hell, this armor is worth waiting much longer if you ask me :D

I suppose your girlfriend was wondering why you didn't notice her nails...

Good job on hunting it down.

I remember when I was expecting my armour. Every time I heard a delivery truck, my heart raced. The anticipation can kill you.

Hehe, now you mention it, I totally forgot about her nails :) (I guess nobody here is gonna blame me for that ;))

I explained it to her so she knows she won't be getting the usual amount of attention in the coming days ;)

From request to delivery: almost 2 months. The longest wait was indeed the waiting list. Once it was my turn, it took about 10 days to get it shipped. But it was well worth the wait! Hell, this armor is worth waiting much longer if you ask me :D

Hehe, now you mention it, I totally forgot about her nails :) (I guess nobody here is gonna blame me for that ;))

I explained it to her so she knows she won't be getting the usual amount of attention in the coming days ;)

Nice one lenaert,look forward to seeing your build nice feeling when you have it all laid out i remember that feeling very well , can i just say take your time dont rush it and always ask for advice if needed , i have nearly finished TM buld photos to follow shortly.

Stephen, I'd like to see your TM pictures, I'm gonna need reference pictures :D

I've started with the handplates, remember it's the first thing I've trimmed :)

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

I think they look alright. Or should I trim them some more (make them lower)?

Edited by LJJNL

When trimming any of the pieces, I like to leave a small return edge. Leaving a larger return edge, especially on the torso, could make the parts more prone to cracking if your not so careful whilst trooping.

You will notice that there is a good bit of return edge on most of the rough trimmed parts, but that is not mean't to be left on. I just made the moulds that way so the pulls are really clean and they are not mean't to be trimmed where the rough flashing starts. I think around a 5mm edge is good for most parts. The torso could be more if you want, but it's not neccesary.

Good luck with the build anyway Lennaert. Ask as many questions as you need to before making any fatal mistakes :D

Edited by troopermaster

I give my wife days, sometimes weeks in advance that I'll be working on one of my Star Wars projects. I drop hints that on my next day off I wanna work on my project. I always ask if we have any plans, if none. I'm free to work all day on a project. She gives me the go ahead to be outside all day. Now that the weather is getting warmer. It's time to start asking permission again :dancing-trooper:

yeah, my girl was starting to get fussy about me working on my armor so much as opposed to paying attention to her. lol. she's very glad im finished. :P

Hahahah i just informed my women about me being on the waitlist.

...........lets saaaaaaaaaay i warned her waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance that if she wants to see me THAT bad, shell have to help me with armor. Mind you.... Shes not allowed to touch my armor.... Just look at it while i work on it!!! I think its fair right??!! Hahahaha jk.

I was threatened badly if this project is put before her.

Any way. Good luck man!! Look forward to more pics.

Make a stand now Wade. I always tell my wife she goes before my Star Wars stuff goes. :P My partner at work has a son who's wife made him sell most of his Star Wars collection. I scored! I filled up my car trunk with so much stuff. It looked like I ripped off Toys R Us. I was able to get 50+ figures, 8 12" dolls, Ridell scaled Darth Vader helmet, cards sets, & a whole bunch of other stuff all in its original packageing for $100 :dancing-trooper:

Score indeed!! Dude there not dolls... Fyi.... Their ACTION FIGURES!!!!! Ahhahahah.

I gotta guard my stuff with my life! My gf is a treky.......................yea.......... I know.......

you're a brave soul. lol

Man... how do you get such clean cuts? When I trim anything... my hands look like shish kabob after a few seconds and the trims are rough and curving all over the place.

First I cut off a large portion of excess material, until there is like 5 mm left to cut, then I take my time cutting it as straight as possible. I guess easy does it :)