Suggestion for armor makers

If I could have one wish for armor makers, it would be to take enough time to mark the arms and legs as to which part it is right or left. Arguing for 20 minutes over a pair of shins is not good for any party involved. I appreciate the rough trim that you guys do, but I'd rather have to trim 4 inches of junk plastic off than nearly get into a fist fight over arms and legs lol.

That was one of the nice things when I bought my set of OSCS clone armor. The maker did take the time to label practically every part left and right, except for those pieces that didn't really matter (forearms & shoulder bells).

Ā 

I remember having some difficulty when I assembled my AP kit. Had to examine some of the parts for a while before I figured it out. :P

MOT did this when I got his armor. I was surprised when I got my second that it wasn't labeled "L" and "R". But however begger's can't be choosers cause the kit was very nice (plasitic fro strips, everything for bucket, suggest sizes for the strips, and even extra plastic!) But a little L and R never hurt any especially with the shins mainly be the confusing parts.

Ā 

Idk what kit you got, but from what I noticed there are prim differences between left and right.

Biceps - insides are clear cut; one is square the other is rounded. outside, well idk that one.

forarms - I think its the left that is a bit more "formed" to the arm while the right is more square.

Thighs - insides have that swoop and the out sides should meet it.

Shins - idk of any kit that does not have a indented section on the inside of the shins but the indented are the insides. I personally struggled for about 30's trying to figure out what is L and R out-side, but I just went with what lined upped the best.

Ā 

Hoped that helped anyone.

Quinn

AM you can tell the shins apart, but the overlap is on the wrong side. i have a thread about that actually. lol. lots of confusion involved there

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't AP and FX/AM the same pieces?

Ā 

AP is cast from all the right side parts (I think, i know my right shin fits a lot better then my left shin) of armor so yes, it's asymmetrical.

The AM kit is fairly easy to tell the left and right sides, just have to take your time and match the outside overlaps at the back of the shins and thighs to determine the l & r sides......