Anyone ever play laser tag in armor?

TK-7980

I went laser tagging with some friends the other night, and the place I was at put on the Star Wars opening theme and imperial march and I was immediately disappointed that I didnt have any armor to blast away in.

Has anyone gone laser tagging in their armor?

last time i went laser tagging there were a lot of black lights involved. lol. you'd stick out like a sore thumb in a tk. tx however would be perfect, while td might do alright depending on the weathering :P

well yeah you kinda stand out cuz of the lights, but if youre basically glowing. lol. it'd be a bit more easily spotted a mile away :P

Our Garrison leader said he did laser tag in his scout armor once and ran around a corner in the course and scarred the "crap" out of a teenager. The teenager wet himself. :bikerscout:

Our Garrison did it recently at Dreamworld (Gold Coast, Australia), was fun but near impossible to see or shoot anything with a bucket on (talk about "stormtrooper effect!!")

Sorta just made it frustrating lol. Worst part was with green lenses both teams lighted vests looked near identical and you couldnt see the red beam of the lasers AT ALL, so aiming was impossible too.

Deffinatly worth a go tho, I was totally getting flashbacks from the Tantive battle.

Everyone in this pic is 501st bar 2, buckets off clearly won lol.

DSC03451.jpg

DSC03469.jpg

Our Garrison leader said he did laser tag in his scout armor once and ran around a corner in the course and scarred the "crap" out of a teenager. The teenager wet himself. :bikerscout:

:lol:

I played for 16 hours at C-IV (not all the same day...) and it was a blast. However, it was well lit (no blacklights) and the stormtroopers could take 10 hits before a kill, while the "civie" players were out with three hits. So the most fun part was charging a guy at close range knowing you could take him out while you were "protected" by your armor.

I played for 16 hours at C-IV (not all the same day...) and it was a blast. However, it was well lit (no blacklights) and the stormtroopers could take 10 hits before a kill, while the "civie" players were out with three hits. So the most fun part was charging a guy at close range knowing you could take him out while you were "protected" by your armor.

Hey, I was there too.

Played for about 3 hours from around 2 pm and on, on sunday. It was lots of fun.

My armor broke in so many places at the end it needed lots of repairs, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Saludos.

Not too long ago, (Jan ) was my birthday and a whole gang came out from the 501st to play some laser tag with me. We were talking about setting up another event. Jay S. i think was working on getting a local laser tag time where everone would troop and do it again. I hear its been done a few times and that its awesome, although impossible to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Did laser tag today as a TK for a couple of hours. It was a lot of fun, but man do I hurt now. Only my second troop in armor, the first being last weekend for about 30 minutes. I should have some pics and video which I will post once they crop up.

I used my new aker amp to play a chatter loop that I constructed out of video game dialogue, and it sounded really good!

Keep in mind Carter is 6'5",. so he really stuck out.

I also played with Steve at CIV, and it was a BLAST!!!!

Hope they do it again!!!

That looks like a blast! I've always wanted to do that in my armor.

Edited by ThayNerd

• 2 weeks later...

True, but keep in mind that I could also get down on my knees behind the shorter barriers too!

Very true indeed!!!

CV repeat?!