Inflatable Mannequin?

Quinn_101

Hope I posted this in the right section,

but I been doing some research trying to find a Mannequin for cheap so I can display 2 sets of TK armor. I found some inflatable mannequins for around less than $30.

Anyone heard good news of these? I was thinking these might be good, but doubt it could support TK armor very well.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Quinn

@runnriottt

About how much could you expect to pay for a basic PVC mannequin? Here on FISD a guy (srry forgot name) was thinking about doing runs of pvc mannequin for about $100. Little to much for me since i would like two.

You can probably do your own with out movable poses for under $40 (shipping is one of the most expensive part of the kit I'm working on.)

@MiDri

hows your kits coming along?

Slow, I'm trying to figure out a way to have it possible like a normal human body with out raising the cost to much (ball joints, moving fingers, etc) also plan to color code the pieces for easy assembly. Slow process to get right. All whilst keeping it's balance ;p

Edited by MiDri

I saw the inflatable ones on ebay and wouldn't trust em. I did however order a fiberglass mannequin. Its not posable but its got a good neutral posture to it. It should arrive this week. expect a thread when it arrives. I only paid $104 shipped for it. Its a USED Mannequin from Flea Bay.

@MiDri

One idea I just had is just sell the joints and plans for the length of the pvc pipes. That would really cut shipping cost ;)

@SuperTrooper

I will defiantly look that one up. =D

I did a google search on pvc mannequin, came up with TK 5108, that isn't Scott is it?

Edited by Quinn_101

I really think a trip to Lowes or home depot will land you a pretty good manny under 50 bucks. Heck.. PVC is cheap. Scott M had a build.. Just bulk it up with old clothes or sheets. I am currently searching for a good pose fiberglass one maybe for my Vader. But I may just build it. I need a seated one. I want to build the chamber stand. I have a spot picked out for it.

If I would not cost an arm and a leg I would just give you mine to mod... Really. But shipping from Japan is well.. Nuts for a plastic dude. You know? :lol:

@MiDri

One idea I just had is just sell the joints and plans for the length of the pvc pipes. That would really cut shipping cost ;)

@SuperTrooper

I will defiantly look that one up. =D

I did a google search on pvc mannequin, came up with TK 5108, that isn't Scott is it?

Don't know, but it's a 2 thread tutorial right here on the FISD.

I really think a trip to Lowes or home depot will land you a pretty good manny under 50 bucks. Heck.. PVC is cheap. Scott M had a build.. Just bulk it up with old clothes or sheets. I am currently searching for a good pose fiberglass one maybe for my Vader. But I may just build it. I need a seated one. I want to build the chamber stand. I have a spot picked out for it.

If I would not cost an arm and a leg I would just give you mine to mod... Really. But shipping from Japan is well.. Nuts for a plastic dude. You know? :lol:

PVC is cheap, but joints and building possible joints is not =(

Problem with his is that it requires the feet to be drilled out of your shoes. I'm trying to work out a balancing system so you can do some sweet poses, whether it works out is another story ;p

Edited by MiDri

Problem with his is that it requires the feet to be drilled out of your shoes. I'm trying to work out a balancing system so you can do some sweet poses, whether it works out is another story ;p

True, it will certainly mess up your shoes :D I'm curious about your mannequin, when are you going to show us? :)

True, it will certainly mess up your shoes :D I'm curious about your mannequin, when are you going to show us? :)

When it's done ;p -- I am thinking about using that tutorials hand method though, wire would be a lot easier then what I'm doing.

I like the hands too, seem cheaper and easier than a fully jointed hand.

i will probably settle on a frame like that. Would like to have a better what to stand it up versus just having it lean against the wall.

I'm looking into weighted feet with actual parts that go into the shoes.