Jump to content


501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Twelveravens

  • Rank
  • Birthday 06/13/1972

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Luray, VA
  • Interests
    Star Wars, Toy collecting, the 1970s, the 501st

Standard Info

  • Name
  • 501st ID
  • 501st Unit

Recent Profile Visitors

224 profile views
  1. Twelveravens


    The R1TK does not have a holster. Alternative is a DLT19 with a sling. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  2. As far as I know only 850 is currently doing the R1 in ABS. As for comfort, about the same, as for mobility, it's all dependent on how you build it and how it fits you. I know I have more mobility than my ANH, and I can suit up on my own with relative ease. A lot of that came about during assembly and how secure I wanted things, and how parts connected. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  3. I'll get some strapping pics up near the end of the week. All strapping is made from 1" wide black nylon, or 1/2" wide elastic. I use quick connects for the shoulder straps, and the thigh straps. Shoulder straps are connected via snaps to the chest and back plates via snaps, and the shoulder bell connects to a side strap from the shoulder straps. Bicep is attached by elastic strap and snaps to the bell. I highly recommend getting rubber straps instead of the abs that connects the chest and back, especialky if you are ever considering using a pack. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  4. Screen from first episode. Note the cut vents. We do not need a seperate CRL for the R1/Solo/Mando TKs outside of minor option updates to the main CRL unless there are major deviations. There is zero reason to add a ANH bucket to these TKs. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  5. My cover strips and the back plate of my helmet are not 100% matching either. So I wouldnt stress it. The armor looks good! Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  6. The shins are the same for both sides. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  7. I'll get some pics when I get home this evening. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  8. I made a block about 2 1/2" long from excess cut off from a thigh cover strip. I drilled two holes through it, the back of the TD, and the belt. I used a 3/4 pop rivet and washer through from the belt, through the block and into the TD to secure it. I'll take a picture tomorrow evening and post it. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  9. Get a set of files to clean up the cuts. Using an exact may removes to much plastic if you have an accident. You'll have more control with a needle file set. Amazon has sone ver good an inexpensive ones. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  10. Found these on shapeways, a bit pricey, but may work for you to get an accurate look to the helmet. https://www.shapeways.com/product/8QPB2Z6EW/stormtrooper-helmet-grey-parts?optionId=62710787&li=marketplace Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  11. I took some close up shots. Maybe you can scale them and print them out to use as templates? Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  12. "Edit: I forgot to ask if anyone has a template or a guide for the slits on the helmet that have to be cut out. I am a little nervous about trying to guess about the spacing." I would suggest finding a picture of ESB or ROTJ decals and printing them out to use as templates maybe? The big thing is that they are on a raised surface, just not slits cut into the spaces. Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
  13. Trooped the Mothman Festival this weekend and got my strapping to sit better and more secure. Was able to get a few 3 hour long stints in armor even with the heat in the upper 80s. Mobility in the R1 kit is so much better. Just a few comfort tweaks to do, and some more troops to fine tune it. Sent from my SM-T597P using Tapatalk
  14. First field test with the armor went great! The only minor issue was my left thigh drooping a bit because I didnt have the slide buckle above the quick release secured well enough. Other than that, went from 10:30am to 3:30pm in the kit, with about 3 hours with the pack on. Nothing on the armor felt too constricted and no armor bites. Pack sits great and the rubber straps kept the pack strap on place, not sliding off and resting on my shoulder caught under the bell like my Anovos kit. I even sat in a chair when helping judge the kids costume contest! Even made the local paper on the first outing! All in all, great kit, and I learned a lot more building tricks along the way to make the kit comfortable, durable, and easy to get in and out of on my own. Still not thrilled about the R1 belt design, but managed to make it semi presentable. Sent from my SM-T597P using Tapatalk
  15. Approval came down today! First field test this Saturday! Sent from my SM-T597P using Tapatalk
  • Create New...