TK-2918 Requesting ESB Centurion Status[8][AM*]

Name: Brian Robinson

501st TK ID: 2918

FISD forum name: tkrestonva

Garrison: Garrison Tyranus

Suggestions for improvement are welcome. Apologies for the crappy photos – no talent for photography in my house. :P

Armor = AM with RT Mod chest/back/shoulder bridges

Helmet = TM

Blaster = Hyperfirm

Height = 6’1†(185cm)

Weight = 215lbs (98kg)

Boots = TKBoots

Canvas belt = firebladejedi

Hand Plates = TM

Electronics = Aker MR1506 + iComm + iPod Classic + (not shown) FRS walkie-talkie w earbud

Neck Seal = Gotarmor

Holster = Anrev

Full body

5756552807_34068229a3_b.jpg

5756553001_02555d720c_b.jpg

5757098204_c7f7a56865_b.jpg

5757098412_6c9f471370_b.jpg

5757098562_85de230050_b.jpg

Helmet & Neckseal

5756553787_3c3709a3da_b.jpg

5757098934_33f0c2be47_b.jpg

5756554173_f7b659b6c8_b.jpg

5757099326_8ca3ddec53_b.jpg

5756554735_a4fdf8bac9_b.jpg

Blaster

5756559231_505dac5570_b.jpg

5756559525_4cca0e46ba_b.jpg

5757104860_663814938a_b.jpg

That AM armor looks pretty good with the RT mod pieces. With the TM pieces, even better. I look forward to hearing from the experts, but it appears that you have met all the requirements. Nice Job!

Hey Brian, nice job. The only thing that I can see that needs changing in the gloves. I think they should be rubber and need to be a bit longer as you can see your wrists. Good luck buddy.

Hey Brian, nice job. The only thing that I can see that needs changing in the gloves. I think they should be rubber and need to be a bit longer as you can see your wrists. Good luck buddy.

No, you can have silk gloves for ESB.

I think this ticks all the boxes!

However I'd try to slim the thighs a little and raise the drop boxes just a tad for that tapered look and less drop box flappin'. :)

Good luck, Brian! :D

I think you've ticked all the boxes and done a really fine job.

One thing I would do to improve th eoverall look is add a couple more loops of yarn to each of the stitches on the handguards. It looks like you've just got a single loop of yarn in each. It looks mightily thin. I'm sure the yarn on the originals was looped through in several repeat stitches to hold the guards on the gloves.

Looks thicker than just one loop to me ...

esb-00081.jpg

esb-00079.jpg

looks like you have covered all the bases. as far as the hand plates go, the thickness of the thread really isn't critical as it varied from hand to hand/trooper to trooper, and some had threads missing all together.

esphands.jpg

with that you are approved! and the first to take AM armor to the centurion level. that in itself is a great accomplishment. congrats Brian!! :salute:

Way to go Brian! I'll agree that the thighs could be tweaked, but that's a small detail on an otherwise fantastic job.

First staff to go Centurion too - wonder who the next will be...

Thanks all. A good way to start the morning. :D

My biggest problem with the thighs is that I have a bodybuilder's thighs - I blame that on 20+ years of heavy squats - along with Size 12 feet. The thighs fit perfectly at the top but are admittedly a bit loose at the bottom. If I taper them too much it makes it extremely difficult (i.e. painful) to get my feet in and out. I started having that same problem when I tapered down the forearms, and have a nice patch of skin missing from my hand to prove it. :blink:

As far as the gloves go, one thing I've discovered is that while the short silk (mine are actually satin) gloves are accurate, they're also hard to get on and off, tend to ride up on my hand and expose my wrist, and are not very useful for picking up small objects. As such, I have a spare set of ESB handplates on order that I'm going to attach to a set of black Nomex gloves - those will become my everyday trooping gauntlets. The short gloves I'll save for photo shoots and when I want/need to go as close to canon as possible.

Rick, instead of using regular black thread I use something called "beading thread", it's meant to be used for making beaded necklaces and other jewelry. It handles just like normal thread but is far stronger. No more restitching my handplates after every troop. B)

Rick, instead of using regular black thread I use something called "beading thread", it's meant to be used for making beaded necklaces and other jewelry. It handles just like normal thread but is far stronger. No more restitching my handplates after every troop. B)

That's cool. It was only a small recommendation for a cosmetic change on my part. Heck, the stitching on my handplates isn't even functional. I "cheated" and added elastic to the inside. All that sewing to the gloves was too fiddly for me. :D

Congratulations on the pass and welcome to the club.