My nearly ready to ship TE RoTJ suit

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Great Shawn!! Do post some pix went you get back to Australia....Have a safe trip home mate!!!

I plan on adjusting the strapping on the armor once both it and I are home. And there is also my E-11 to assemble and paint. I suspect that I'll be trying the armor on as soon as possible simply because I won't be able to help myself.

Ā 

I'm ready to fly home. It's a 21 hour journey that isn't terribly exciting but it's worth it to get back home.

Ā 

Since it was brought up a little earlier in this thread, I went ahead and bought a pair of TK boots. I do like my Dr. Martens but I decided that I don't want to risk Legion acceptance. I'll just paint the sides of the soles white to attain the RoTJ look that I like.

Ā 

And I will take pictures once I've adjusted the strapping.

I also heard from my brother in-law today. As soon as I get home he'll help me assemble and paint my E-11.

Ā 

Alright, so he'll be doing all of the work and I'll provide direction. I'm lucky that he's understanding of my disability. :)

My new pair of TK boots arrived today (TK Boots). I decided that I just don't want to take the risk that my DMs represent. I may well wear them for trooping sometimes but for 501st application purposes I'll use the TK boots. I do plan on painting the soles white, though.

Part of my armor has arrived at home in WA (Australia). When TE shipped the suit I was given two tracking numbers so I assume that there are two boxes. Box #1 arrived today and I assume that the second box (the one with the helmet in it) will be there in a day or two. Apparently the two boxes got separated somewhere along the way.

Ā 

I want the armor to be there before I head home in a few days and it looks like I'm getting my wish.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

*Here we go... the second box cleared Australian customs yesterday (the first one cleared two days prior).

Ā 

Ā 

** The second box is now at the post office (at nearly midnight local time). I think it will be delivered today.

MY ARMOR HAS FULLY ARRIVED!!!

storm-troopers-dancing.gif

Ā 

It's time to party! :dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper:

This Bud's for you! :pint1:

Ā 

Ā 

The second and final box containing bits of my armor has been delivered. I'll be home in three short days and I'll get the strapping on this baby adjusted. And I'll set my brother in-law to work on my E-11. I did the hard part in finding everything. I'll let him put it all together.

Hey Shawn, congrats on your armor arriving safe!!! I always worry when a have something shipped that it's going to get destoryed. I have had it happen a couple times with UPS and once with the Postal service :angry2:

Ā 

Ā 

BTW, PIX, please :D

Alright, I'm finally home and I've pulled out all of the armor. I've examined everything and looked at what I need to do in order to make it wearable. There won't be any photos for a while.

Ā 

The entire suit needs to be strapped in order for it to be worn. There are some straps in there but not enough to make the suit wearable. It looks like I'll be heading for Spotlight for some black elastic. There are straps in there and so I need to look at it again in detail to see if it requires any additional strapping.

Ā 

And now the bigger issue... TE must have thought that I was an anorexic stick. I'm not that big of a guy, I don't think, but I'm too big to wear this suit as is. I can't slide the arms on, the thighs won't fit all the way up, and the only way the right calf will fit is to use gaffer tape to hold it closed. My left side muscles are atrophied because of my disability and yet even my left side is too big for the armor. That's unfortunate.

Ā 

I don't know if this can be modified or if I've simply got a beautiful set of display armor on my hands. Because as is, I simply can not wear this suit.

Ā 

If I can't do anything to make the kit fit it will become a brilliant display piece on a mannequin. I did want to wear it but I may not be able to do so.

I've e-mailed TE to thank him for his work on this beauty and I let him know that it won't fit me. He's offered to make bigger appendage pieces for me that will fit. I'll measure myself up tonight for him and we'll see if he can make pieces that will allow me to wear this suit.

Ā 

I am still impressed with TE on this. Even though the armor is well out of his hands he's ready to make it right. That's good service.

• 5 months later...

My RoTJ kit sits mostly boxed up since I found that it doesn't fit me back in February. I've fiddled with the helmet some, though... added screen mesh behind the frown, added a bit of padding, and have had speakers wired up for the aerators. Other than that the armor sits in the back room spread out in different boxes. I'm still waiting for my larger kit to be shipped. Maybe it'll get shipped in August, maybe not. Until then I let the original kit gather dust. I haven't given up on it, there's simply nothing that I can do with it yet.

:) You're right, Paul. I suppose that I can set up the strapping and harness for the torso. I do have the materials here for it. Last I heard, the kit is ready to ship or very close to it. The maker is waiting for paychecks to come in so that he can afford to ship the kit out. That's why I'm hoping for August shipping.

Ā 

I'm hanging in there, Mark. It's easier now. When I went into all of this I did so with the intent of making an appearance as a stormtrooper in August 2010. To be safe I started in September of 2009. Fortunately, things worked out and I had my kit in February. That was a relief. But I found out that the kit was too small and so I quickly ordered a larger set. Unlike the first kit, this larger kit wasn't going to assembled for me so I figured that it ought to be quick and easy to cast and ship. That didn't work out. When I realized that there were only three weeks remaining until the appearance I knew that if the kit didn't ship then it just wasn't going to work out. And that's where things stand now. The appearance is next Saturday and I definitely won't be appearing as a stormtrooper. Lacking another option, I'll don some jedi robes.

Ā 

It's disappointing, but at least I know not to hope for it now. And that makes waiting easier.

Ā 

The kit is well worth the wait as the maker puts out an awesome kit. And I get along with him quite well. I just wish that the kit had gotten here in time.

• 2 weeks later...

The appearance is over and done now and the stormtrooper didn't make it. He must have been ambushed en route. I wore one of my sets of Jedi robes instead (yes, I have multiple differing sets). Funnily enough, I won "best costume". As nice as that was, I was voting for my wife. We created a full jawa costume for her. She looked great! Full robe, hood, light-up eyes, faux fur and gauze, WWII bandoleer, full mp3 audio, etc. She looked the part to a "T." Fickle judges, I suppose.

Ā 

Hopefully this larger set of stormtrooper armor will ship this month. I e-mailed the maker last night, after having left him alone for three weeks. I would really like to finish off this stormtrooper and I hope that he ships out this larger kit soon.

I wouldn't hold your breath. :lol:

I've been waiting for my SFS lid since Nov 08!

I did receive my armour only after about a year and a half and it took a little under a year to receive a JEDI helmet with a repaired split, drips and glue over the eyes etc etc. Although Matt said he would replace it, you've guessed it im still waiting. I payed over $400 for that piece of junk. My suit of armour had so much superglue sticking it together and I can't begin to tell you how much overspray all over the very poor paint job. All in all not the best transaction and purchase experience I've ever had. I think all together I've given TE over $2000 of my hard earned cash, for what?

I've only ever spoken to Matt as I would any friend and given him the benefit of the doubt for every excuse I've had and believe me I've had them all. He still talks and answers my emails so I still have some hope I will receive my goods one day before I die. :lol:

I know you are reading this Matt and I'm not trying to stir up trouble, just telling how it is. All you have to do is stop taking peoples money, get back on track and ship goods out. Simple.

Good luck with getting your suit sometime.

Five months from original payment to receiving my first suit. It's now been five months since paying for the new, larger kit. If the timing works out the same maybe I'll receive this new kit this month.

Ā 

I had a far shorter wait than others have had with my first kit and I'm grateful that TE was able to get it done in that amount of time. He does good work and it was unfortunate that the first suit was too small for me to wear.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish you the very best of luck Shawn with your dealings with Matt.....

Ā 

Has Matt used the "I have been very sick and I have not been able to work on your order" or I just started a new job, and I have not had time to work on your order". or both?

Ā 

Ā 

Move along, move along :td:

Matt's had a lot of trouble, it seems, and I wish him nothing but the best. I've heard the various reasons for the delay, as have other folks. It appears that I've heard the same that other folks have and I truly hope that he's able to get on top of things and ship kits out. Like everyone else, I simply want my complete kit to ship. Until he's able to get to it there's no choice but to be patient and to hope for the best.

Indeed, I'm hoping for the best. I've got everything else here... undersuit, ROM/FX, boots, strapping, E-11, holster, etc. All I need is this larger armor kit to pair with the helmet and torso that I've already got ready. It's the arms and legs of my original kit that are too small and so I can simply pair these parts from the new kit with my original one and I can finish off the new helmet and torso at my leisure. I even had paint color-matched to the suit so that it's here waiting for the new kit (since it's supposed to ship in an unpainted state). I'm missing events and it's disappointing to know that I have everything else just waiting here to complete this kit.

Ā 

Matt's healing from a work injury at the moment and I hope that he has a swift and full recovery. And hopefully he'll be able to get this kit shipped soon.

Unfortunately Matts always recovering from an injury. I've lost count the amount of times I've heard that one. If he really is then all the best but I have my doubts. I've emailed him a few times now about the helmets that he still has not shipped of mine. No answer. I can't understand how it can take nearly two years to put together a couple of helmets? I can put one together in a couple of day, so two years is just taking the piss.

Now I'm about to release my own armour and lids I doubt I'll ever see Mine from matt.

One thing us for sure I'm not going to follow in the footsteps of Matt or take on his business practices. As far as I'm concerned my customer service will be second to none and no one will ever need to buy from Matt again. I once thought a bit of healthy competition and me dealing with Europe and Matt dealing with the States would be great. But Matts shot himself in the foot. I can't see many people ordering from him again. I certainly won't. It is a shame. He bought to the hobby great things but had to start ripping people off and just take their money and not deliver their goods. Matt if you read this do yourself a favour and get out what's owed.

I'm done dealing with Matt, he just tells you what you want to hear then sits back and laughs at you While he is enjoying your hard earned cash. It's theft and nothing less.

If you want great armour and lids with direct screen used lineage hold tight there will be another soon. :)

Edited by sskunky