TROOPS

RogueTrooper

An oldy but a goody. Enjoy

troops-1.jpg.53e33004672bcee9668e007a6219ef6c.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Saw it eariler before I started making my round on the FISD. Very funny! Good post. Not trying to hijack this thread RougeTrooper but I saw a pretty good Boba Fett fan film called Search for Varrada. Don't know if anyone has already seen it but its definately one of the best fan films I've seen out there. Not so great acting but still bearable and a little gimmicky in places with. Good special effects though, none of that terrible CGI and pretty good action and battle scenes. Plus Boba Fett looks outstanding. There is also plenty of snowtroopers and biker scouts. No TKs though but still worth a look. Check TROOPS and this one:

part 1.

Hey Jon, Thanks for posting the link to the Boba Fett Chronicles. I love that they used the Clint Eastwood spaghetti western vibe. Since Jeremy bulloch said he used Eastwood style for Boba.

I just wished they would have used the spur sounds when their BF walks, like Ben Brutt did in ESB.

It's one of favs too.... The guy who wrote and directed it (Kevin Rubio) made it to try to impress Lucas. He was hoping George would love it enough to give him a job at LFL. And it worked too!!

Troops is one of my favorites for sure! I can't help but watch it and laugh, it is so true to form with COPS. Nice post!

IMPS #3 is available now too. Effects and sequences are great. Ties in to the end of part 2 nicely I thought. Something is bad wrong with the IMPS TB helmets though. They got some serious bobble head action going on.

Love that video...so very true and funny. My favorite sequence is the Jawas. Especially since at my meal break at work the other night we watched COPS and there was a traffic stop that was vaguely familiar...if the perpetrators had been short and wearing cloaks, and the police had been in armor. Very well done film and one I can watch over and over and over.

If you want to see it in HD, and download it for the Real Player, here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI43mZwsXXU...feature=related

I think that fanfilm in particular is what made me say "Smitty...you should get a stormtrooper costume."

Right with you. I've seen oodles of fan films and this is still the one that really stands out.

Back when the DVD player came out I had a subscription to TotalMovie magazine, it always came with a DVD with movie traliers and the first Magazine with its DVD had Troops on it. I still have this DVD. Not sure how I got the magazine but back then it was cool to have the only DVD with Troops! B)

This was before the legion started and should be placed in the Swag achives if its not already.

My favorite line was "Some people call this the A$$ end of space but I like the small town feeling".

I got the same mag too, Troops was on the review DVD and it has audio commentary from the Director.

Back when the DVD player came out I had a subscription to TotalMovie magazine, it always came with a DVD with movie traliers and the first Magazine with its DVD had Troops on it. I still have this DVD. Not sure how I got the magazine but back then it was cool to have the only DVD with Troops! B)

This was before the legion started and should be placed in the Swag achives if its not already.

My favorite line was "Some people call this the A$$ end of space but I like the small town feeling".

I worked at a book store for a short time so I snagged the DVD for free when we sent back the unsold copies of the mag.

Still my favorite of all the fan films.