Introducing the Novatrooper

How is this acceptable for clearance? Novatroopers are from Star Wars Galaxies and Star Wars Galaxies isn't canon.

I think it would fall under the EU section of 501st just like TX, also would probably be supported in Spec Ops section but shared here cause we all love TKs :)

I think it would fall under the EU section of 501st just like TX, also would probably be supported in Spec Ops section but shared here cause we all love TKs :)

It is covered by SpecOps as it's a variant off of a costume they own - the Stealth Trooper.

Sorry I haven't checked in for a bit. Work, new wife, and Spec Ops has been looking at getting things in order to help streamline costume making.

Michael is your gun from the vac formed Cushman people?

Yes, my DLT-19 is the Cushman one. picked it up a while back and I rather like it. Been thinking for making some mods to it to make it stand out a bit more, I just haven't gotten around to really researching it yet. I need to clean up some other half-done armor projects first, like getting rid of the FX bucket on my Stealthy.

About the question concerning "canon" and the costume. Though the timeline of SWG isn't canon the NPCs that cannot be edited by players are considered as a reference for the Nova. The Novatrooper also made an appearance in the SWG card game and the Rebellion Era Sourcebook for the wizards of the coast RPG. As I understand it, since these are LFL approved sources for the design, appearance and name, the Novatrooper is considered a part of the Imperial Army.

And yes, it is very satisfying and exciting to have my "baby" grow up and be accepted into the Legion. (Though I would have trooped it anyway without acceptance) :D

So who's going to be the next Nova?

-iz

So who's going to be the next Nova?

-iz

Your Nova suit has inspired me to go black and gold. So look for it...........

Your Nova suit has inspired me to go black and gold. So look for it...........

Great! Be sure you come say hi at Spec ops!

I just put a new coat of paint on my helmet, I wasn't quite happy with where the gold bars under the tube stripes were placed. So after a few touchups it should be back on duty. I'll post an updated pic for it in the next few days.

For my next project I'm going to need the Chest, Back and Shins from an FX/GT kit. They have the right base shape for me to use. Anyone happen to be able to point me in the right direction to be able to grab these? Just these parts would be best, but if some one has an old kit they're trying to get rid of let me know.

-iz

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been working on this over at the Spec Ops Detachment. I was going to put it in the Stealth Trooper forum, but apparently I don't have access. Odd.

Introducing the Novatrooper. Working on getting this 501st approved, so we'll see what happens. Thought some people over here might be interested in seeing it.

WIP threads can be found here:

Novatrooper WIP Thread

Final Pics and References

-iz (TX-4994)

This is a totally awesome stormtrooper! You did a fantastic job! I'd love to see this get approved.

The costume is already 501st approved. It's simply gorgeous and a great alternative to white armor (did I even say that?).

• 8 months later...