New armor from the master.

A few pictures... :o

Rolf... you tease... :D

It's so shiney and clean..... I think you have to dirty that bad boy.... :D

On the dirty note, when you start weathering the armour, I think many of us shiney's would be interested to see the technique used to dirty it....

Oh belife me, he will real soon :D

In a few days, i will take him trough a dusty patrol in the dirty streets of Mos Eisley.

Dirty trooper pics up asap...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever acquire a TM, can I send it to you to build it for me, Rolf? :lol:

Hahhahaha good one bro.

But i think my wife would kill me :lol:

I assembled 4 or 5 suits in 09, start of 2010.

around 11 full suits, plus helmets... i guess around 15 or so over the last 10 years :rolleyes: crazy me :P

Cheers :)

Hahhahaha good one bro.

But i think my wife would kill me :lol:

I assembled 4 or 5 suits in 09, start of 2010.

around 11 full suits, plus helmets... i guess around 15 or so over the last 10 years :rolleyes: crazy me :P

I bet it will be OK once she sees the $$ come in. Diapers & formula are expensive and while a build takes time can pay for a lot of kid stuff.

Incredible job Rolf, as close to perfection as you can get.

I can't wait to see this beauty weathered and to get my hands on a new flexible TM!!!!!

And that is really too much, Paul! I assembled just one suit, Rolf showed his skills in many of them, and with this one is surpassing himself!

As for the helmet, I think the cap is a bit tall, I'd trim the brow a bit more and raise the faceplate.

Damn you saw it bro hahahah :D

I have been thinking about the same thing too, i might try, but at the same time i´m afraid it will mess up the assemble.

I bet it will be OK once she sees the $$ come in. Diapers & formula are expensive and while a build takes time can pay for a lot of kid stuff.

:D Roger that big time, i have assembled a few suits for payment.

And its sure sweet cash, even its hard work to put these suits together.

But at the same time, we learn something new each time, and get better and better assembling them :)

Sometimes i fell a little sad to see a build come to an end!I know thats what we strive to achieve a fully finished suit ready for trooping or display.I get a real kick out of build threads.

Rolf if i may be so bold in saying, i think is like me and thrive on building a suit to the best of our ability,spend some weeks getting things to look right, a few show pictures along the way,sitting infront of ref shots from the film time and again.

then its done,stand back admire all you have done,but the thrill of the build is over :(

Fantastic job as always my friend ,So cheer up and go get another kit and keep us all glued to your build threads mate.

Sometimes i fell a little sad to see a build come to an end!I know thats what we strive to achieve a fully finished suit ready for trooping or display.I get a real kick out of build threads.

Rolf if i may be so bold in saying, i think is like me and thrive on building a suit to the best of our ability,spend some weeks getting things to look right, a few show pictures along the way,sitting infront of ref shots from the film time and again.

then its done,stand back admire all you have done,but the thrill of the build is over :(

Fantastic job as always my friend ,So cheer up and go get another kit and keep us all glued to your build threads mate.

Hi bro.

Copy that, i hear you all the way.

But i know, my wife don´t think the same MMmmuuhhaaa hahahah :lol:

I have promise her, to take it a bit more slow from now on.

Now we got a son (8 month 2 weeks).

She have been the best, and let me go crazy over the years whit the suits.

But i´m not done... not at all, far from it :D

I have just promise her, that i will not assemble suits in around 1 month any more...

but over a few month, so i don´t stress family life.

Right now i´m happy for taking a small brake, after all the suits and helmet assembles.

Plus the TM suit here is so freaking sweet, so it enough for me right now.

I will use it for both trooping, and on display in our living room.

Next projects in 2010:

I´m waiting for 4 Dan Laws suits, 2 TK´s, 2 TD´s (payed in november 2008, newest update is... they should be done before march this year)

I will get a few new TE2 helmets in next month/he´s new SFS helmet.

And might go for a TK TM later in the year too.

(sounds like a lot, but i all ways sell out, to get the green to upgrade.

So right now i only have my sandy TM here, as a very proud owner of it)

Cheers mate :)

Rolfthewolf

Sharp mate,all hand painted detail with lines as fine as machine stickers a skill to admire and salute my firend.

Thank you so much for showing your build over here at the FISD as we all know you are a Sandy at heart.

Brilliant job Rolf!!!!

I love that you kept the tube stripe authentic by having an odd number of stripes on oppsoites sides like the original sceen uesd helmets.

Copy that trooper.

All details are hand painted, no sticker on the dude.

Sharp mate,all hand painted detail with lines as fine as machine stickers a skill to admire and salute my firend.

Thank you so much for showing your build over here at the FISD as we all know you are a Sandy at heart.

Thanks bro, i´m happy you like the job on him.

I have also cut a bit off the dome, so its not as high.

I have got a TK: 1 FX, 1 GF, 1 AP, 1 TM.

But TD as: 1 GF, 1 AP, 2 TM, 3 TE2.

I will soon get either my TK and TD suits from Dan Laws, or if there go too long.

I guess i will go for a TK TM too, and deploy your guys in here as well.

My plan is to have:

TK from TrooperMaster, and Dan Laws.

TD from TrooperMaster, and Dan Laws.

Plus TK, and TD helmets from TE2.

If all goes as planned, it will all happen in 2010.

Cheers mate :)

Brilliant job Rolf!!!!

I love that you kept the tube stripe authentic by having an odd number of stripes on oppsoites sides like the original sceen uesd helmets.

Thanks bro.

Yeah its a strange number, also because there are more room where you paint the 15 stripes.

And not so much room, where you paint the 16 strips.

I guess the LFL art dept dude just paint the # 16 stripes first, and got tired on the other side :D

For us less steady with a paint brush you should show in a little (how To tutorial) The hand painting of the tube stripes.I for one would like to know how you achieve the spacings and curves.

I have got a TK: 1 FX, 1 GF, 1 AP, 1 TM.

But TD as: 1 GF, 1 AP, 2 TM, 3 TE2.

WOW!! Rolf that's quite a collection....

I would love to see your TK TM and your first TD TM with your new TD TM as side by side comparison.

Here is a bad picture of my upgrade back pack.

(add new vintage boyscout frame/TM tube, canister, end caps...

Plus i add tape on the blue tray, and upper small box for the move a long look vs. last time look sir droids look)

Old:

P1108224.jpg

New:

P2028742.jpg

Here you see a picture, taken out of one of my windows to my back yard.

The red arrow shows my Mos Eisley corner, where i normal take the sandy shots.

I hope the snow will be gone soon, so i can take the out door pictures.

Sadly they say i will snow another week here...

(i only need to add the weathering now, then i´m ready)

P2028740.jpg

P8196942.jpg

Here just another picture taken out of my window, front side...

I´m glad i was not going to work this morning, people was going nuts in anger trying to get there cars out running to work.

P2028739.jpg

For us less steady with a paint brush you should show in a little (how To tutorial) The hand painting of the tube stripes.I for one would like to know how you achieve the spacings and curves.

You got it bro.

I might assemble a TE2 helmet soon, i will try to add a few pictures there of it.

1.Normal i just take humbrol paint tape, on each side.

Then i just draw the bows whit a pencil.

2. To make the bows the same, i cut a bow out of thick paper, and just move it the same mm each time down the tube.

3. On my last helmets, i have made a paper model i glue a paper stripe left and right, and glue the bows on.

Then i just hold the model over the tube, and add the bows on whit the pencil.

Then add the tape up and down, i paint the bows over 3 times.

1 very thin bow, and let it dry a little.

2 make it thicker, and let it dry.

3 finish them up nice, and in the right thickness, and its done.

WOW!! Rolf that's quite a collection....

I would love to see your TK TM and your first TD TM with your new TD TM as side by side comparison.

My older TM suit is sold, so i can´t take any close ups of it.

I think i have some in my computer somewhere, from back then.

Many parts are upgraded, helmet, belly, biceps, legs etc.

The ABS TM version is sure among the best out there.

:salute: to the master from here.

You got it bro.

I might assemble a TE2 helmet soon, i will try to add a few pictures there of it.

1.Normal i just take humbrol paint tape, on each side.

Then i just draw the bows whit a pencil.

2. To make the bows the same, i cut a bow out of thick paper, and just move it the same mm each time down the tube.

3. On my last helmets, i have made a paper model i glue a paper stripe left and right, and glue the bows on.

Then i just hold the model over the tube, and add the bows on whit the pencil.

Then add the tape up and down, i paint the bows over 3 times.

1 very thin bow, and let it dry a little.

2 make it thicker, and let it dry.

3 finish them up nice, and in the right thickness, and its done.

Thank you Rolf the simple ideas are always the best ideas with outstanding results!

Great detail work Rolf :duim:

Are you going to do any thing to your sandy backpack, like adding a back lit radio dial and MP3 with the radio chatter?

Like this:

Great detail work Rolf :duim:

Are you going to do any thing to your sandy backpack, like adding a back lit radio dial and MP3 with the radio chatter?

Like this:

</a>

:D Tom....seamless, like the well practiced magician you are :D

That's Nathan's (a fellow UKG member) old back pack and it just so happens to be sitting in my bedroom

at this very moment, being hidden from another UKG members girlfriend 'coz she doesn't know that

he bought it :D ....the games we play ;)

I can't see Rolf going with these cheeky but cool mods because they're not really 'cannon' and you know

how much he strives to be 100% authentic B) . I maybe wrong though..... :huh:

Rolf

Looking bloody darn sexy there mate, loving how this is coming together.

Quick question, how did you sort the 'Boy scout' frame out?, did you cut and bend it?

or did you just leave it as is? :blink:

PS

Just LOVE the pictures of Little 'Sly'......I see he gets all he's good looks from his mum :D

:D Tom....seamless, like the well practiced magician you are :D

That's Nathan's (a fellow UKG member) old back pack and it just so happens to be sitting in my bedroom

at this very moment, being hidden from another UKG members girlfriend 'coz she doesn't know that

he bought it :D ....the games we play ;)

I can't see Rolf going with these cheeky but cool mods because they're not really 'cannon' and you know

how much he strives to be 100% authentic B) . I maybe wrong though..... :huh:

Hey Bill,

So, why did Nathan sell this TD back pack? It may not be 100% authentic, but I think it's smashing!! I have had that youtube vid in my Favs for some time now, and watch it about once a week.