New device to keep children from messing with your R2's

RogueTrooper

Hey All,

Ran across this video from SCI-FIRE, where Lee demonstrates a future device he is putting on this R2 unit. It is an "anti-child counter measure".

In my book, a "must have", but I'm sadistic. :rolleyes:

click on the video link below:

Wow. I hope he's not seriously going to install a taser in his R2 unit. :(

Not really a child-friendly person, is he? I'm as protective of my stuff as anyone, and I understand those R2 units take years to build and cost many thousands of dollars. Still, I can't see tasing someone's kid, no matter how frustrated I get. Can you imagine the story in the local newspaper the following day?

It's fine as long as you do it in character- There's one... set for stun! :lol:

Just in case anyone is worried I'm kidding!

I took the video as a joke, and I think that's how the video is supposed to be interpreted.....Lee the guy in the video has a dry senes humor.

I don't think anyone would be that cruel to want to seriously hurt some child over their R2 unit. No matter how frustrated you would get.

And video tape it for all to see stupid on their part. Maybe Sci-Fire should put a disclaimer. :blink:

Not really a child-friendly person, is he? I'm as protective of my stuff as anyone, and I understand those R2 units take years to build and cost many thousands of dollars. Still, I can't see tasing someone's kid, no matter how frustrated I get. Can you imagine the story in the local newspaper the following day?

That was as funny as the video.

Why not just install a circuit board that could be activated by remote control to flash a very bright high intensity light out the front of the R2 unit, Like a flash bulb, while a "zapping" sound comes out of the speaker, as the operator says, WOW! Don't get too close kids, he's fully charged." harmless, yet very effective. If the operator pretends to get zapped, that would even add to the illusion. WoodChuck

I actually like that idea, especially if you add the R2 scream sound effect. Very easy to do if you have the skills to build an R2 in the first place and it would certainly get everyone's attention, yet at the same time completely harmless.