stormtrooper suit (MuseumReplicas)?

Trooperman

Is there any news on the replica suit by ,.... i think it was MuseumReplicas that said they had gotten hold of ANH suit at Lucasfilm and cast a screen accurate suit , im sure i heard they were bringing it out round about December has anyone else heard anymore about this?

There was another thread started on the subject, not sure if there's been any updates.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?show...museum+replicas

Yeh, had a look myself at the thread no update though :blink: , ive checked on there websight ..nothing , no mention of the suit at all :unsure:

I honestly dont understand why they havent talk to us yet...... ( not bosting but i think we have this well coverd.....)

Little over the top...???? :D

Ok so here I go getting in trouble. I'm not really holding my breath for this as MR has had the license for a few years already and still has not produced anything. Everything is "coming soon" or shipping late this year or early next year, and that has been for a few years, Feb of 2008 in fact is when it was announced. Now I know all about lead time to get a product done but hese guys showed the EXACT same group of stuff at two consecutive comi-cons. We are going on two years and still nothing. Reminds me of someone...I digress. MR has produced some super stuff, and I own rather a large amount of their swords and armor, but when it comes to licensed stuff they take a long time, a long time, I mean a really long time. There has been no pics, no nothing for the armor, in two years, so I imagine early in the year we will finally see the first little bits, the helmets will be off, and the armor will be recast off of the rubies suit in ABS, and the price tag will be nearer 2500, and they will be limited to under 500 suits. Just a guess, I wonder how close I'll be. Anybody else want to throw out their guesses? The also said they were gonna do the Fett brothers, nothing on that either. If it took two years to get the fabric stuff done, (and lets be clear here the cloaks cost 250.00) these will be VERY expensive. Best to just get a TE2. Or something. :rolleyes:

I hope after all this time and all the archive material Lucasfilm have let them get there hands on they come up with something resembling ANH stormtrooper suit :unsure: surely these guys at MuseumReplicas can come up with something better than the Rubies suit...cant they ?:(

It would be awesome if they would actually recast a real ANH suit but I just can't see LFL letting them rip apart the only few suits they have. Even if they did, the moulds would be cleaned up and sanitised, the plastic and strapping would not be the same either. Remember that the original suits were literally thrown together and to say the assembly was rough is an understatement. There is no way that any company is going to produce anything like that to sell on a large scale. They will be pristine and idealised.

I honestly don't think we will ever see an exact replica come from any licence holders unfortunately. You will find better suits available here on the forums.

I think a great way for them to make new versions of the suits without damaging the originals (in the 501st podcast, it says during a move within LFL, they discovered 6 unused complete TK's from ANH) they could do the following if they were vacuum forming. If they were injection molding, it would require more elaborate metal molds, but you get the idea:

- Do a 3D scan of the original armor piece (say for example a shin)

- scan the exterior and interior in order to account for thickness or any refinements they might need to make

- import the 3D files into whatever 3D software they use

- "clean up" the data, as there will be lots of noise from the scan

- from there, they could choose to make the suit / lid symmetrical etc if they want to, or any artistic refinements

- split the shin into a left and right side, leaving accommodations for the overlap and ANH strip

- once all the data is cleaned up, they could take the interior model, and model a base for it (for use for vacuum forming)

- then print the data using a 3D printer, or CNC the shape out of aluminum. They could even print / CNC it in foam, and create negative to positive molds from that, in plaster or whatever they choose to use

Now they would have a mold for vacuum forming, based off the original, without harming it.

I think a great way for them to make new versions of the suits without damaging the originals (in the 501st podcast, it says during a move within LFL, they discovered 6 unused complete TK's from ANH) they could do the following if they were vacuum forming. If they were injection molding, it would require more elaborate metal molds, but you get the idea:

- Do a 3D scan of the original armor piece (say for example a shin)

- scan the exterior and interior in order to account for thickness or any refinements they might need to make

- import the 3D files into whatever 3D software they use

- "clean up" the data, as there will be lots of noise from the scan

- from there, they could choose to make the suit / lid symmetrical etc if they want to, or any artistic refinements

- split the shin into a left and right side, leaving accommodations for the overlap and ANH strip

- once all the data is cleaned up, they could take the interior model, and model a base for it (for use for vacuum forming)

- then print the data using a 3D printer, or CNC the shape out of aluminum. They could even print / CNC it in foam, and create negative to positive molds from that, in plaster or whatever they choose to use

Now they would have a mold for vacuum forming, based off the original, without harming it.

It would sure rock, and i hope they do it :) .

But... for some crazy reason, they all ways release very bad looking/not accurate stuff for the public???!!! <_<

I guess because the big public, like them to look wrong, whit out all the 70´funky curves all over :huh: