VT armor and bucket on eBay

TKittell

I'm interested to know if any FISD members have bought VT Armor off of eBay. The seller (vacuum_dis) claims that FISD members have reached Expert Infantryman status with his VT Armor. So here I am doing my homework... Can anyone verify that? He seems to be getting positive feedback on eBay. He also said his armor is based off of AP, SDS, and TE. I know buying things off of eBay is discouraged on this website, but if some 501st members can back him up, I'd be tempted.

post-11500-1259989564_thumb.jpg

Any armor can be made to meet EIB, but VT should not be using FISD in his sales - no armor vendor should. Shame on him, shame, shame, shame. :duimomlaag:

Directly from his helmet ad on eBay, "Made from white .080 ABS this fan made collectable comes with

neck trim, brow trim, flat green lenses, finished mic tips, decals,

rivets, screws and nuts. These helmets have been approved for 501st use

and are also worn by FISD Expert Infantry."

He's probably referring to me or Oiftanker, I believe he has a set as well. I have a set of his armor and I made EIB status after much work on the kit.

Ā 

I purchased from him directly, not on Ebay. Yes, you could build it to a high level of quality, but it will need a lot of extra work. You can review my build thread on FISD.

Ā 

I checked the Ebay listing and there's no mention of FISD EIB status on there, so it looks like that's removed. He does refer to it as being acceptable for 501st use.

Ā 

I did notice he used my personal photos, I think it would have been at least fair to ask my permission to use them? :blink:

Ā 

**BTW: this should be be in the Ebay armor forum

I checked the Ebay listing and there's no mention of FISD EIB status on there, so it looks like that's removed. He does refer to it as being acceptable for 501st use.

I did notice he used my personal photos, I think it would have been at least fair to ask my permission to use them? :blink:

Ā 

It's pretty clear that even though he is banned from being a user on this site, he clearly is still reading the boards and tracking what others are saying about his armor here.

I just checked his listings, he has a full set of armor listed that does use Panda's photos. He also has just a helmet listed here:

Helmet

It does say "These helmets have been approved for 501st use and are also worn by FISD Expert Infantry." The implication is that FISD EIB wears only VT helmets. Worrisome.

Ā 

Vic

I just checked his listings, he has a full set of armor listed that does use Panda's photos. He also has just a helmet listed here:

Helmet

It does say "These helmets have been approved for 501st use and are also worn by FISD Expert Infantry." The implication is that FISD EIB wears only VT helmets. Worrisome.

Ā 

Vic

Ā 

Let's not get too crazy here. I didn't take that to read FISD EIB wears only VT helmets. Perhaps he should have used "some" are also worn by FISD Expert Infantry to clarify that. But I didn't get that impression when I initially read it. Maybe because I've been reading here on FISD and knew that just wasn't the case.

Ā 

I did ask him who in FISD were wearing the VT armor to verify his claim. He would not give me that information because those members hadn't given him that permission. He did encourage me to read about his VT armor on FISD. I found that being respectful of the FISD members.

Ā 

Anyway, it sounds like it's decent armor, at a decent price, that needs a lot of work. He seems like an okay guy, but I "sense a disturbance in the force" from FISD members towards him :)

Let's not get too crazy here. I didn't take that to read FISD EIB wears only VT helmets. Perhaps he should have used "some" are also worn by FISD Expert Infantry to clarify that. But I didn't get that impression when I initially read it. Maybe because I've been reading here on FISD and knew that just wasn't the case.

Ā 

I did ask him who in FISD were wearing the VT armor to verify his claim. He would not give me that information because those members hadn't given him that permission. He did encourage me to read about his VT armor on FISD. I found that being respectful of the FISD members.

Ā 

Anyway, it sounds like it's decent armor, at a decent price, that needs a lot of work. He seems like an okay guy, but I "sense a disturbance in the force" from FISD members towards him :)

Ā 

Not entirely true. My only beef is that we own the FISD brand like the Legion owns the 501st brand. By using it, he implies we endorse him in particular when we do not. No armor maker should be using the FISD brand in their advertisements. Otherwise, I could care less.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Perhaps due to my career I read things too literally. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. If the posting read "These boots have been approved for use by the US Army and are also worn by the Green Beret's", I would take it the same way. I'm not saying anyone is wrong for interpreting the statement in any other way, it is simply how I read it.

Ā 

Troop on!

True enough, but the Army & Green Berets are a publicly owned institution. FISD is private, and I'd like to avoid a situation where people believe one armor is better than another due to an incorrect endorsement.

Ā 

Again - nothing against VT and I appreciate him updating his Ebay posts.

Just so everyone knows, I have asked VT to remove the photos of me in his auction and the reference to FISD.

Ā 

To further clarify, I am NOT VT. I do not make armor, nor do I sell armor, nor did I make the ebay listing or approve the use of my photos or the use of FISD / EIB in the ebay listing.

Ā 

Terry