TE Gloss Armor

clutch

Here is a set of TE Glossy styrene I recently acquired. Uber-nice. I just wish that everything wasn't so permanent, like the elastic belt. It's going to take some engineering to get it free from the styrene belt. The holster is just looped around the belt for now. The shins have almost no give to them. I had to take the boots off and slide them over his feet to get them on. They are velcroed in back, but I was scared they would break if I forced them open too much. I also replaced the neck trim with more accurate stuff and countersunk the ear holes so the screws would sit flush with the helmet.

I'm also curious about the history of this set. Anybody know how many were made? I also noticed that there are two distinct biceps and two distinct forearms.

Click the images for larger ones:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

clutch said:

Here is a set of TE Glossy styrene I recently acquired. Uber-nice. I just wish that everything wasn't so permanent, like the elastic belt. It's going to take some engineering to get it free from the styrene belt. The holster is just looped around the belt for now. The shins have almost no give to them. I had to take the boots off and slide them over his feet to get them on. They are velcroed in back, but I was scared they would break if I forced them open too much. I also replaced the neck trim with more accurate stuff and countersunk the ear holes so the screws would sit flush with the helmet.

I'm also curious about the history of this set. Anybody know how many were made? I also noticed that there are two distinct biceps and two distinct forearms.

-------------

Uh, yeah... since I made these I know how many were made.

T*E

Edited by gmrhodes13

awesome armor! How many were made, and why did you stop? :unsure:

The cost of my sanity is one of the reasons I pulled the plug on armor making. I went through a real fun divorce and it just was time to end the making and let someone else do it. I made around 32 sets is all. I didnt want to order another 2000lbs of the material and besides the color is too glossy to be ANH correct anyway. I didnt have access to the ANH correct colors at the time and looking back it really doesnt matter anyway since people love them. So really no worries and no regrets. I am glad you scored one Clutch, not many out there!

T*E

The cost of my sanity is one of the reasons I pulled the plug on armor making. I went through a real fun divorce and it just was time to end the making and let someone else do it. I made around 32 sets is all. I didnt want to order another 2000lbs of the material and besides the color is too glossy to be ANH correct anyway. I didnt have access to the ANH correct colors at the time and looking back it really doesnt matter anyway since people love them. So really no worries and no regrets. I am glad you scored one Clutch, not many out there!

T*E

Yeah the cost of sanity is not worth all that!

clutch said:

-----------

Oh my goodness!!! :o

That is only the second TE glossy set of armor I've ever seen and it's beautiful!!! :P

How did you ever score this????

Clutch, you are one fortunate trooper bro! Man, I wish I had one... :(

T :salute:

Edited by gmrhodes13

Glad you got it man! i should have hoped on msn and bugged you about it LOL this is also only the secound time i see a glossy set myself! If they didnt cost an arm and a leg to get i'd track one down!

Is that you in the armor clutch or the possible mannequin?

Thanks everyone. I got it from an RPF'r. It is on my poseable mannequin.

Need to clarify something here. that is NOT a Gino face in that helmet. He m ade me 12 when my arthritis was so bad I could not form. I could always from them, just removing them from the mold hurt like hell. The sad thing is the faces he sent oly a few could be used as most were cracked under the chin when they arrived. I had to toss most of them.

Not that big a deal, just setting it correctly.

T*E

Ok. Not trying to be a wiseguy here, just want to know what I have. How can you tell that this isn't one of the few that you did use?

hmm well, shoot. I made those over 4 years ago.. how many nose holes on each side? cut out and formed combined

T*E

T*E

Sorry about the divorce but this is some seriously sexy armour T*E!

Michelle x

Sorry about the divorce but this is some seriously sexy armour T*E!

Michelle x

Its OK Michelle, thanks for the kind words! I am a better person now and I will survive! Just let me know me man Clutch.. thats the key to dose!

T*E

It has four cut-out slots on his right side and four cut out on the left with a slight indentation last that isn't cut out.

Thats one of the faceplates I formed. glad you got one.

T*E

Just sweet!

Hooolyyyy!!!!

One lucky Clutch man!!

are you going to C4... would like to see that beauty!

Amazing work Matt... it?s really a shame you stoped doing armour as fine as that.

Kudos!