Non idealized trooper in FISD?

Hey everyone!

I was talking to a bud about the original stormtrooper armor and how dodgy the helmet painting and assembly is. I for one love that look!

It got me thinking though. How close to the originals can you be and still be accepted in the FISD?

Can you do Mr No Stripe? That guy is all over ANH (he must have been busy lol).

No brow? Like one at Tatooine.

Gaffa tape? Those are all over?

Dodgy eye cuts?

Runnings and flaking on helmet?

I guess Im basically asking if a non idealized trooper would be welcome. Once you know about these things you see them in the films all the time.

I think non idealized is more than welcome here, but for actual membership you will need to stick to the CRL requirements.

Sure there were troopers without stripes or this and that, but we all know that there were non-intentional flaws.

As a unit we need to try to look somewhat uniform in some shape or form.

This may sound silly but I think those "cannon" flaws may only be acceptable at non-cannon troopings?

I'm pretty sure you can get away with smaller details. One of our staff members troops with some "tape" on his belt as seen on one trooper in the movie, though I forgot who.

I hear ya. :) I get that the kids wouldnt like their heros to wear gaffa and all, but just for the sake of argument, isnt the overall wonkyness a flaw then? Im just curious where the line goes. Ive seen wonky brows and flakings so I guess thats ok.

Ive started to wonder if Mr Nostripe is some kind of a gag, as the helmet is used in at least 3 different closeup scenes. What are the odds of that not being on purpose?

Ive started to wonder if Mr Nostripe is some kind of a gag, as the helmet is used in at least 3 different closeup scenes. What are the odds of that not being on purpose?

I guess back in the 70s when they were shooting ANH, not many crew members were aware of any stripes whatsoever. It is a small detail if you think about it, nothing major that distracts from the overall stormtrooper look. So they got sloppy, like, a lot.

The suits weren't as iconic and as well studied as they are today back when they made the movie, no one seems to keep that in mind.

My guess is that the odds are very good Mr. No Stripes was not shot that way on purpose. They grabbed whatever helmet was around and went ahead to shoot the scene - always with a very tight schedule behind them!

I think there are more than 1 mns in anh, 1 with 4 teeth and 1 with 3 teeth both stunt helmets.

As for sloppy paint, bodge tape, plasters and bits missing.. I love those details and add them to my armour builds to stand out from others troopers. My armour is as diverse as those seen in the films ;)

ps check with your garrison as to what is accepted before making rash decissions :D

Now lets not forget that there was a major delay and shipping trouble of most of the original suits that were supostu be in tunzia with the rest of the stuff when the shooting started and that didnt happen. so imagine having to change and do shots with was at hand and all that. thats explains all the wonkyness.....

i also agree the i like the little offness that one can find around the movies....

You're first barrier is getting 501st approved. For the most part these types of prop flubs are not in keeping with 501st standards, for instance you'll need tube stripes & brow trim.

You can always replicate the look for a non-canon event after you've joined though. In the end, it's up to your local garrison rules.