using a DLT-19 as a TK

TK5144

I am thinking of using a DLT-19, instead of E11 as a TK. I remember that there were some on the Death Star. I remember some threads with pics here, but can't find them.

my question:

If I carry the DLT-19, do I take the holster off the belt? If I keep the holster on the belt, do I carry a E11 in it too?

The DLT-19 is just so cool, I have to use it!

My first real troop is coming up next weekend - a Toys for Tots drive sort of event.

U can pretty much almost do any thing u want, as long as its not a Offical troop/event asked for cannon troopers. Granted that doenst mean to go crazy and brand a Goauld staff with a roman scutum and a iron man helmet...... regular troop DCon might be different ;P

I personally am more inclined to be as cannon as posible at all times, but thats a personal preverance..... i like cannon thats why i joind the 501st and not one of the other groups that dont care about it.

If it was me i would make a HWT that way i am still cannon and can use a lewis..... ( actually thats what i did but i am not applying for HWT EIB because i only have one suit of armor. but i can swap the HWT parts out or in really easy.

I think any of the combinations you described would work fine, although personally I wouldn't wear the holster if I didn't have the E-11 to go with it.

Not only do I carry both the DLT-19 and E-11 on troops, but I qualified as EIB with the DLT-19/E-11 setup. I typically carry the DLT-19 as my primary and wear the E-11 as a sidearm. Call it the "Han Solo" setup, if you will. Since it's seen in ANH, I have to think it's canon.

Me at Dragoncon (on the right):

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

tkrestonva said:
I think any of the combinations you described would work fine, although personally I wouldn't wear the holster if I didn't have the E-11 to go with it.

Not only do I carry both the DLT-19 and E-11 on troops, but I qualified as EIB with the DLT-19/E-11 setup. I typically carry the DLT-19 as my primary and wear the E-11 as a sidearm. Call it the "Han Solo" setup, if you will. Since it's seen in ANH, I have to think it's canon.

Me at Dragoncon (on the right):

---------------

Yes, the "Han Solo" setup is canon and 100% OK. You can also opt to just not have the holster at all and use the DLT-19, which is how the Falcon Trooper was.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Whoohooo another one...

I've got mine delivered in the other day....

4132933971_8348c6b4f2_o.jpg

It's a lovely looking thing although I quite fancy weathering it as ObiHan has done.....

The only other thing I may need to do is put a small black washer where the join is as it doesnt quite screw in properly (at the precise tightening point, its gone a bit too far round - but easily sortable)

Nice gun there Bruce, welcome to the BFG club buddy....

Regarding the washer, i cut 2 pieces of an innertube of a bike, works like a charm and gives you a nice tight snug fit.... (mmm that just don't sound right does it..... lol). Derek, regarding the stock, leave it black colour as this is what was Cannon in the films, but it's 6 of one half a dozen of the other, as a brown stock will still get cleared......

Derek, when I carry my DLT-19 on troops, my E-11 is always holstered... you never know if you'll run out of ammo mate.... pack as much firepower as you can handle... hehe

Derek, when I carry my DLT-19 on troops, my E-11 is always holstered... you never know if you'll run out of ammo mate.... pack as much firepower as you can handle... hehe

For now, I think I am going to carry the DLT19 only, no holster, no E11. My E11 is just a Hasbro painted all black - no mods. My holster is also lacking - the standard issue FX on the right side.... someday I will do the E11/Holster right. For now - just the BFG.

I don't have any pics of mine yet, but you can see the build process (mine is one of the 3 pictured there)

http://forum.mepd.net/lofiversion/index.php?t5897.html

For now, I think I am going to carry the DLT19 only, no holster, no E11. My E11 is just a Hasbro painted all black - no mods. My holster is also lacking - the standard issue FX on the right side.... someday I will do the E11/Holster right. For now - just the BFG.

I don't have any pics of mine yet, but you can see the build process (mine is one of the 3 pictured there)

<a href="http://forum.mepd.net/lofiversion/index.php?t5897.html" target="_blank">http://forum.mepd.net/lofiversion/index.php?t5897.html</a>

Derek~

Nice build process!