abs plastic

Hi,

I have a US set of FX armour but the thighs and calves are too small. I managed to find someone in the UK who could make me larger bits but he says his abs is a different colour. Does anyone know a good supplier in the US who would ship to the UK?

cheers

You can always buy a white "rubbermade" or any other white plastic trash can from the pound store and cut some pieces off of that to shim with :unsure:

TK8280 said:
You can always buy a white "rubbermade" or any other white plastic trash can from the pound store and cut some pieces off of that to shim with :unsure:

I thought thoes were made of a polyvinal? Have found extra abs at a used and unwanted apliance store. A dish washer had a white textured panel on the door, but the back side is smooth and glossy.

Or if you like, try this website------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

There's a TAP Plastics in the here in Bellevue, WA that all the local folks go to get extra ABS. I'm sure there is a local plastics supplier near you as well.

You might be better off just buying your ABS locally. Plastic will vary from each supplier and even vary from batch to batch from the same supplier. US ABS is different to UK ABS (I believe) due to chemical tolerences in the EU which is much more strict in the US so chances are you will never get an exact match. Try some local ABS and see how you go, it might look better than you think :)

Hi,

I have a US set of FX armour but the thighs and calves are too small. I managed to find someone in the UK who could make me larger bits but he says his abs is a different colour. Does anyone know a good supplier in the US who would ship to the UK?

cheers

I would use the abs that came with your kit for the belt to add shims, that way it will match nicely, than get a canvas belt for your armour, job done ;)

I would use the abs that came with your kit for the belt to add shims, that way it will match nicely, than get a canvas belt for your armour, job done ;)

I agree... why don?t you use the left overs from the belt?