Nazgûl's ESB helmet.

Hi everyone, heres my ESB helmet. Im awaiting new brow trim, but other than that the exterior is done. Its ATA and I found the kit to be very sharp and nice to work with. I used decals from TK4510, and Im very pleased with them.

Im planning to do the interior as the originals, and Ill post pics when its finished.

frontsg.jpg

front2.jpg

sida2.jpg

sida1.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks Thanyne and Armando! Your helmets have been great inspirations for me during my build so your words means alot!

Ryan: Its for display but it could be used. I think Id make the paintjob and details more idealizaed if it were for trooping. I just adore the sloppy prop look, but the kids prolly dont. ;)

Thanks Cristaan, means alot! We posted at the same time.

Vielen dank Stefan!

At the moment Im looking for the straps, inner foam and correct green acetate film. Now its the original lens and nothing more. Oh yeah Its painted grey on the inside, as I read on Jez site that one of the ESB helmets were painted with primer grey inside.

Ill post pics as soon as I get the interior stuff.

Nice work Matti :)

Yeah all the ANH helmets were sprayed on their insides with some crappy primer - so still had it in place for ESB. Not sure why Ainsworth did this unless it was to hide the fugly green HDPE colour - would have probably saved a lot of stormtroopers chucking up inside their lids on-set :D

Cheers

Jez

Thanks Jez! Your site made a huge impact on me first visiting a few years back, and my love for the original look is all due to it! Its the greatest site for knowledge and inspiration when it comes to SW helmets.

Thanks for the info on the primer also. Were some red and others grey primered?

Thanks Jez! Your site made a huge impact on me first visiting a few years back, and my love for the original look is all due to it! Its the greatest site for knowledge and inspiration when it comes to SW helmets.

Thanks for the info on the primer also. Were some red and others grey primered?

Thanks for the kind words :blush:

Ive seen a fair few of these original ANH/ESB troopers and all I can say is that the insides are grey - but there's also a brick red tinge in there as well. I dont know why there's this 2-tone colour, unless it was just what happened to be in the spray gun at the time (they are both popular primer colours). THere does seem to be more red where the foam would have been stuck (glue residue?) but that doesnt explain why its everywhere else

TBH I've never really thought much about it

Cheers

Jez

• 2 weeks later...

Received the accurate brow trim from Paul the other day and it looks very close to the original! It was no problem replacing it and Id recommend replacing the original trim to this if building the ATA.

So except me keeping an eye out for correct green acetate for lenses, the helmet is DONE!

klar1.jpg

klar3.jpg

klar2.jpg

Cheers