Matt the trooper expert

Here is an e-mail I received from Matt I.E. TE

Ok, since you fail to respond and take pride in bashing my work when you are the one that took the suit and didnt ask for anything to be changed, so you can 4565 off.

Dont forget it was also you that originally asked me to hold the suit here and then had your wife call me 20 minutes later whining and crying that I was putting you off.. LOL... GROW UP... if there was an issue with the helmets, you should have spoken up. You said you loved them and said nothing. You also rushed me to finish the helmets as you had some sort of stupid excuse that you were moving and they needed to go into storage. I for one could care less about your complaints really.

Bottom line: you are a liar, and a piece of 7896. Nothing more. And you didnt pick up tow helmets... you picked up one and I gave your wife the other one. Not paid for...

I know you wont respond.. so no worries... :o)

(cussing has been edited out and replaced with numbers)

He' really is such a pro. So here is the story, today I contacted a member about the issues they were having with Matt about having not sent any product for almost a year after receiving payment. And then I get this in my email this morning, now its pretty obvious that Matt has a sock puppet account on FISD or he has some friends here, so if he has friends lets go through a little story about your pal Matt. Matt contacted me through Craigslist after I posted an add for wanting to buy TK armor. I went to Matts house and we talked armor he showed me photos of him in the Lucasfilm archives and then we talked price Matt charged me 1200 for a ROTJ suit and because I gave him 200 right then he throght in a helmet for my wife. Now he handed her a helmet and said that she would be getting that one in a short time as he just needed to finish it. She didn't get that one. Now Matt calls a few weeks later and says hey the armor is all pulled so I drive out to his house and give him 1000 in CASH! He says the armor will be done in one week, and that I am first on the list. I select each of my armor pieces form a large pile or pieces. Now let's flash forward a week, I call and receive the first of what will be MANY excuses. After three weeks or so, of Matt having my money, he says that the armor is done, and he will store it in his garage as I am moving. Now at this point I'm having doubts about our buddy Matt, first he changes his stories routinely first he says that none in the 501st wears his armor its to expensive, then the next time we are over he goes into some weird long rambling rant about how he is going to break into the lucasfilm archives and steal a bunch of props, just weird stuff. he also tries to sell me a CD of pictures he took in the Lucasfilm archive for 500. something stinks and so I call back and say I want to pick up the armor. Then the excuses start, you see it seems the armor isn't really done. Then later the helmets are all done but there's no stickers, then the helmets are not done, then late the armor isn't done. Finally I call him and tell him enough tis enough I am going to come over and just get the armor. then he is magically going to go to crater lake and will not be home, when I start yelling at him, and he starts yelling I figure this jerk has stolen my money. He then says that I can come get my armor at 4:00 that afternoon. Well when 4:00 rolls around and I get it guess what its freaking not dry because he spent the whole day making it as fast as he could because he sold the armor that he promised to me. Final analysis Matt=real quality guy.

This is why Matt was banned from FISD and can longer do business here.

Now, I know others shill for Matt and we allow that. Why, because they are handling the transactions and do ensure that people get what they order. If they did not, they'd not be allowed to sell here either.

I thought Matt/TE was out of the Armor Business??

There is a YouTube Vids with him saying so??? watch the end of pt2.

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

LOL - if I had a dollar for every time Matt said that in public or private. Also, let's not forget how many times he's "selling his molds and getting out of the business". :)

I used to get angry about it, now I realize this is just who Matt is. Once you understand that, it's easier to just ignore.

Matt bipolar attitude towards the armor making and trooping does bother me, I am a rational adult .

I just hope he doesn't spoil it for someone who runs across him first and thinks we are all like him...

LOL - if I had a dollar for every time Matt said that in public or private. Also, let's not forget how many times he's "selling his molds and getting out of the business". :)

I used to get angry about it, now I realize this is just who Matt is. Once you understand that, it's easier to just ignore.

e-mail number 2. which proves Matty has a Sock puppet.....

LOL- that is the biggest crock of 1456 i have ever heard. I didnt give you the pieces you picked out? Think again. Yes, you did ask me to hold the suit. You originally said that you wanted me to put it away so nothing happened to it as you were moving and didnt want it damaged. Then you had your wife call me and beg and whine about how I was 'putting you off'... LOL! Seems you cant remember jack crap about what you said. Thats ok.. And oh yes, Crater Lake. We did go, had a family vacation and I could care less what you beleive about that. The pieces were not dry. Know why? I had to reshoot them as they dried too fast the first time and had to give it another coat. Its not normal spray paint I use and it finally dried properly in cooler weather and it takes 2 days before you can handle it.

Not finished? YOU took the helmets and said you friend would paint them when I had decals on the way. You also said you would come back for the trim, which is in, and you never responded. I can play that game too. I can post this just as well and it again, was your choice to take the suit. I never said the suit would take a week. I said 3-4 weeks.

The guy in XXXXXX his money back? I have no clue what you are talking about.. none at all. So, you can bring the suit here and get the trim, or you dont have to. YOU took the suit before it was done, you also took the helmets before they were done.

The choices were all yours. Plain and simple my man. If my email got your attention then it worked. Never finished? Again, it is all on you. The stuff is here. Helmets not to your liking? then you are a liar becasue you said you loved them when you picked them up.. All you kept saying was.. AWESOME... SO AWESOME... If there was an issue, all you had to do was call... you didnt...

So again, balls in your court...

End e-mail.

Well what are you gonna do, I responded that we could talk over the phone if he feels the need, but life is to short and I really don't need more aggravation from the guy. I just hope he fulfills his obligations to everybody else in a better way. Lesson learned.

Matt bipolar attitude towards the armor making and trooping does bother me, I am a rational adult .

I just hope he doesn't spoil it for someone who runs across him first and thinks we are all like him...

yep he can run hot and cold huh? Its the weird hot and cold on the armor that is strange, some of the stuff he puts out is AMAZING and then well you know..

Even with his flaws, the Master is much better than the Apprentice.

T ;)

That's incredibly modest of you to say, and is just one more example of your personal integrity, Tony-- but respectfully... it's horsecrap. :D

TE2 armor is easily among the nicest out there.

And is provided by a guy who is unerringly generous, personable and helpful.

Matt might make a mean set of armor, but that's the ONLY thing the master and apprentice have in common.

I HUGELY appreciate TE's original contribution to the hobby... but his follow-up has flat-out sucked.

It's all about context, and though he may be the first, TE is a sad fraction of the man his heir is.

Matt Does put out AWESOME armor. I own TE armor and it is a beautiful set. I am sorry to hear some issues.. I hope they work out. I am sad about the name calling and the accusations. I have heard from many Troopers of 501st that Matt puts out good armor. I am saddened by the bashing of his work. It is not a SIN that Matt has friends in the 501st. It is also not wrong to be a friend of Matt's. People who know Matt should not have to feel like walking on Egg shells for doing business with him. I feel because I like the armor and had no problems with Matt that you will come after me and bash me for being hood winked. Again I hope your issues are resolved. You may call me lucky for not having had any problems. I have not had bad dealings with Matt in armor.

Allan... I don't think anyone would ever hold that against you.

I don't have a *personal* problem with TE.

I don't even know the guy.

He might be a great friend, a wonderful father, and a total blast to hang out with in real life.

All I know him from is his persona on this board.

And I gotta level with you -- more often than not, he comes off like a big ol' jerk.

From what I've read-- from his own hand -- on this board over the years, combined with stories like these, he's a dude with a pretty inflated ego, who absolutely LIVES for drama.

Maybe he's not like that all the time... but when he was allowed on the board, I saw a guy who was almost always argumentative and confrontational.

9 times out of 10, he was either taking a dig at someone, touting his own greatness, or endlessly bickering with Gino.

Every once in a while, he would share some photo, or tell a story that was just amazing, and I'd find myself liking him... but then he and Gino would erupt into their battling diva routine, and he'd erode whatever goodwill he built up.

I learned A LOT from the confrontation between those two, but I also got the impression that they both needed to do some growing up.

You're totally right: he makes really nice stuff. And we all owe him a GIANT debt of gratitude for giving us screen-used armor in the first place.

This hobby would suffer enormously if he hadn't gotten involved.

And I'm glad you've had good dealings with him. That's awesome!

But the animosity towards him didn't form in a vacuum. (no pun intended.)

Without even getting into his past history here, the emails posted in this thread do a pretty good job of self-incrimination, y'know?

Even if his side of the story is the truth... you'll notice that all the swearing and vitriol comes from his side of the keyboard.

I dunno... I try not to judge anyone, particularly for their associations.

I think most folks here are the same.

I'm sorry for taking a shot at your friend.

But I call it like I see it.

I *certainly* don't hold anything against you, or anyone else who has had pleasant dealings with Matt.

I wish everybody did.

One thing people might not realize, is that Matt is Bi-Polar. He has his good and bad times.

Fortunately I met him on his good side, and he treated me to a private lap dance at a strip club :rolleyes:

Did he personally give you the private lap dance? :huh:

Kidding!!! :lol:

Sorry about the thread derail, I couldn't resist that one.

do we really want this thread visable to everyone? seems like were taking sides in a debate... and though i agree with things said here i also think that new recruits shouldn't be subject to such dribble

When I first got into this hobby I had a great deal of respect for Matt and Gino. The more I was exposed to them the more disdain I had for them. Matt's a hippocritical double crosser and Gino is just a tyrannical crybaby.

And TE2 I disagree with you. I have never seen a TE bucket that could match the sharpness and detail found on my beloved TE2 bucket. TE2 is hands-down "The Master".

Matt Does put out AWESOME armor. I own TE armor and it is a beautiful set. I am sorry to hear some issues.. I hope they work out. I am sad about the name calling and the accusations. I have heard from many Troopers of 501st that Matt puts out good armor. I am saddened by the bashing of his work. It is not a SIN that Matt has friends in the 501st. It is also not wrong to be a friend of Matt's. People who know Matt should not have to feel like walking on Egg shells for doing business with him. I feel because I like the armor and had no problems with Matt that you will come after me and bash me for being hood winked. Again I hope your issues are resolved. You may call me lucky for not having had any problems. I have not had bad dealings with Matt in armor.

No no no, not the issue at all, plenty of people have issue with someone and others will have none, you absolutely DO NOT need to walk on eggshells around this thread, support Matt, support his armor, there is nothing wrong with having a different opinion and a different set of examples of interaction. I will never hold anyting like that against anyone, if you had a great experince with Matt then great, talk about it, I'm simply pointing out my experince, that's all. And they aren't accusations they are facts. There are a few people here that have been waiting for orders for YEARS. Matts name calling was unfortunate and in fairness he has apologized.