Comments on FX suit for sale

Guest T*E

Good to see you here Kent!!

Make sure you post in the Newbie forum so you can introduce yourself, and everyone can say Hi!!!

You will also need to post pics of your armor, so we can all watch the progress here as well.

:trooper:

The armor in question was copied by MonCal on the RPF and CLAIMS he had the ok from GF and then is still making these for his garrison buddies. MonCal is not to be trusted in my eyes.

Sad, he used to be a decent guy and now.. well.. kinda not now.

Oh well...

T*E

I appreciate the input. Thanks for posting.

BTW, lets pretend I am not very "wise in the ways of science", and have no idea what RPF is? Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks

I appreciate the input. Thanks for posting.

BTW, lets pretend I am not very "wise in the ways of science", and have no idea what RPF is? Can someone enlighten me?

Thanks

Replica Prop Forum

T*E

Let's keep it family friendly in the open areas guys...

oops... :unsure: I forgot it was an open area, sorry :unsure:

The armor in question was copied by MonCal on the RPF and CLAIMS he had the ok from GF and then is still making these for his garrison buddies. MonCal is not to be trusted in my eyes.

Sad, he used to be a decent guy and now.. well.. kinda not now.

Oh well...

T*E

You know, there are so many things that I want to slam you about. But there wouldn't be much point to it now would there? You have allready made up your mind about somone that you have never met, or even know. I hope that you are feeling better about yourself having bashed a fine man in a forum out of topic in a thred.

Have yourself a fine day sir!

Alas another thread of my word against yours. Perhaps we should pull a CTN and start requiring people to show their molds? Seems to work well with our clone brethren...

Alas another thread of my word against yours. Perhaps we should pull a CTN and start requiring people to show their molds? Seems to work well with our clone brethren...

yes, you don't see too much of this on their forum :unsure::lol:

Let's keep our personal feelings for people and their ethics out of these forums. This goes back to the same old stance on recasting and conversations that have occured in the past.

Do not accuse people of recasting, do not post that you are recasting, or have obtained a recast. Take that information to PMs or emails, but keep them off these boards. The purpose of these boards is to help people with thier Stormtrooper costumes for approval of 501st Legion standards and Detachment "Mark" status. If you have an issue with this, please take it up with myself or any of the other of the Detachment Command Staff.

Here's how it works on CTN:

1) People selling armor post pictures of their molds/wips/bucks the first time around, esp. wrt armor.

2) Claims of recasting must be substantiated by the accuser or withdrawn.

3) People who continue to finger point w/o any evidence are disciplined.

4) People who sell a recast item and try to pass it off as original are disciplined.

If you don't like this policy, you can pipe up now or lose your right to complain later.

Wow, I had no idea what I would start.

First off I want to say thanks to EVERYONE who posted or sent me a PM. Being a newbie, it is always great to hear lots of different bits of information and get lots of opinions.

Second, I think it is great that we are all so passionate about this topic. I personally do not have the faintest idea of what is and is not "acceptable", so this thread has helped me a great deal.

Last, I will say that at this time I am not going to do anything. I sort of leaped before I looked, and I cannot afford to do anything this big right now, but the education has been well worth my time.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in on this, regardless of your take or feelings. The minute we start to ignore one side or the other, is the time we start losing the focus on who we are and why we do this. I am in it for the kids, as well as an opportunity to dress up as a TK. To me, that is the best, and what it is all about for me.

Thank you, and please know I will not discount ANYTHING anyone shared with me. I hold all your opinions and information in the highest regard, since I am "just a learner".:vader1:

Wow, I had no idea what I would start.

don't worry Scott, you didn't start it... :unsure: its existed for a long time :salute::pint1:

1) People selling armor post pictures of their molds/wips/bucks the first time around, esp. wrt armor.

4) People who sell a recast item and try to pass it off as original are disciplined.

If you don't like this policy, you can pipe up now or lose your right to complain later.

I like this system :salute::duim:

Let's keep our personal feelings for people and their ethics out of these forums. This goes back to the same old stance on recasting and conversations that have occured in the past.

Do not accuse people of recasting, do not post that you are recasting, or have obtained a recast. Take that information to PMs or emails, but keep them off these boards. The purpose of these boards is to help people with thier Stormtrooper costumes for approval of 501st Legion standards and Detachment "Mark" status. If you have an issue with this, please take it up with myself or any of the other of the Detachment Command Staff.

I agree 100%..this forum is for 501st Hopefuls, and those who want to expand thier knowledge about the standard TK's :trooper:

Very good way to deal with the subject and easy to live with. Thank you for posting it.

Hey Paul, I agree with the new policy. And think that it should be voted or have you and the admi?s vote on it. In the short time that i have been here this is constant... at least in my regards. I also think that it should be posted in the permanent anouncments/new members read first......

Given the nature that not ever member can or will be able to see each other, and that the fact that you can?t talk to both parties, at any given time.... the point of trying to to tell "every one, every time", what basic common sense, good manners " If you dont have anything good to say about someone then just shut up" The posts are here... If it isnt Carlos tell some one to stay on track, its Paul, and short time later ( 1-2 posts after one of the two above) Its Seth very diplomaticly stepping out the coals. I am only using Paul Seth and Carlos as generall examples of the Admi?s doing there job. There are others and the supports to.

Thats my 2 pesos on the subject.

Uh-oh, I'm being taken as admin. :o Sorry, I'm not trying to play back-seat mod I just try to talk things out plus I tend to get wordy so I guess I start to sound like I am of some importance here. Thankfully on FISD I'm just another user with an opinion. B)

But that is exactly what makes all of us important here, our opinions and our individualality(sp?).

I for one appreciate all the opinions and comments shared here, even the ones I do not argeee with. Helps me to better define what I belive in and why.

Nothing like having a few "taras-chi*" in the discussion.

* taras-chi --> A sort of ritualized debate opponent. In certain Jedi traditions, any discussion group, or its moderator, elects a taras-chi. The purpose of the taras-chi is to float ideas that run counter to the prevailing wisdom. This is so all ideas will be tested... sometimes to destruction. The idea that the taras-chi promotes is not the one being tested - the idea he promotes tests the idea currently under discussion. It's like larva that only eats dead flesh. Place it on a wound, and it will onlydevour that which cannot survive anyway. Live flesh, like a solid idea or valid reasoning, will not be harmed by it.

Keep in mind this turned out to be a totally made up idea by Kyp Duron, but the real point is it does make sense to have this as part of the discussions.

I think I will use this as my new signature line. What do you think??

It's pretty unhealthy to get an ego in this hobby. I like BraksBuddy's sig from MEPD

----------

Seth may not be FISD DL today, but next year he could be. Or perhaps Ed. Or Bernard. Or someone who hasn't even registered on this board yet. Everyone has something special to contribute.

Today's power ranger is tomorrow's ninja turtle, to paraphrase the (at the time very powerful) Newt Gingritch (and where is he now?).

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021