Helmet Repairs

Hey White Amor,

So as I was putting together my ANH TE helmet, I discovered some serious damages that (never have built a stormtrooper armor or worked with plastic) I don't know how to repair.

The first are cracks running up the bottom of the back n' cap that look like they happened when being pulled.

VTTf4uU.jpg

3p5E8L0.jpg

There are a series of these running along the back "tube" of the helmet.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

If you have scraps left from trimming you could mix some of the glue that melts plastic with some of them and make a sorta paste you could apply behind the folds and to mend the cracks, then sand them down to fix them... only way I know to fix damage on plastic like this.

If you have scraps left from trimming you could mix some of the glue that melts plastic with some of them and make a sorta paste you could apply behind the folds and to mend the cracks, then sand them down to fix them... only way I know to fix damage on plastic like this.

Thanks, I probably do that. The other method I was thinking was take some scrape plastic, glue it behind the crack, then take some of the red paste that TK4510 used to repair the dents in the TE2 helmet and just fill in that gap.

Thanks, I probably do that. The other method I was thinking was take some scrape plastic, glue it behind the crack, then take some of the red paste that TK4510 used to repair the dents in the TE2 helmet and just fill in that gap.

Ya something like bondo would probably work really well for that, just make sure to take your time when doing it, repairs can go horribly horribly wrong if you're in a hurry.

Is it not Lauquer thinners with shavings, and I mean shavings. No big bit's and don't be slow. Pick one place or part to fix, then make the past, be careful but quick. let dry and not just to touch. If your doing a large number of place's let set over night. If you sand use fine wet/dry, and buff out with Novus. I THINK that's a good way. Other please correct me where needed. :rolleyes:

Well the folds on the brow are not as bad as i thought, I figure the brow trim will cover. as for the cracks, using too much epoxy kind of filled it in, but i think i will personally get a new TE helmet when the funding comes to me XP ill post new pics of the the finished product when I am done.

Well the folds on the brow are not as bad as i thought, I figure the brow trim will cover. as for the cracks, using too much epoxy kind of filled it in, but i think i will personally get a new TE helmet when the funding comes to me XP ill post new pics of the the finished product when I am done.

If you don't mind me asking did you get this from TE? Or is this from someone yanking off of his molds? I only ask as the last time I had to deal with him he said he had no more of the molds but had a small stack of armor and helmets in the garage. If you did go through him directly I hope you can get some money back. I practically had to camp outside his house to get my stuff.

Jesse -- I'll chime in and agree with what everyone else has stated.. unless you got a REALLY steep discount on that helmet, someone did a number on you.

I would seek at least a partial refund, or another helmet, if I were in your shoes.

Also -- if Mike is offering to give you advice over the phone, TAKE HIM UP ON IT! :lol:

The man is a friggin' GENIUS when it comes to helmet assembly.

That's like Eddie Van Halen offering to give you a guitar lesson. :)

Unless you bought that helmet as a second, I would get my money back. The folds/webbing in the plastic are inexcusable. The guy obviously has no idea how to pull plastic.

AGREE 100% those webbings are really bad, thats styrene for you, it easily splits and will become more brittle as it ages. The guy really doesn't know how to vacuumform and styrene should be very easy to form, way more forgiving then ABS

Mark

Jesse,

I can talk to you about the repairs cause typing that much info would take forever for me. PM me your phone number and I will walk you through it this weekend. Providing you are stateside :)

Thats an awesome offer! You sir are a gentleman!

Thanks guys. Sorry TK 4510, been busy and haven't been ckecking on this post lately. But I'll be more to glad take up your advice at anytime given.

FYI, bought it from a guy name Makeroftherings on eBay. I totally agree with the refund, but I kind of already got to far before I realized that the cracks and stuff will show...

Somewhere theres a article around here named like TE2 + ATA or something like that. At the time, his listing didn't say damage helmet, or show any in the preview.

I started another post that shows a bit of the helmet, I think at a distance it looks good.

Thanks guys for helping me out.