Purchasing ANH Armor

Good Evening Troopers!

I'm ready to purchase AP ANH armor as well. I would like confirmation or comments of an armor source. "Authenticprops" out of New York. I've had two positive confirmations from the Garrison Tyrannus detachment. Everyone that I know has FX armor so I just want to be sure before I drop the big benjamins. Also, can anyone point me in the right direction for armor listings on this site or are they forbidden. Yes, I'm a newbie!!! :blink:

Good Evening Troopers!

I'm ready to purchase AP ANH armor as well. I would like confirmation or comments of an armor source. "Authenticprops" out of New York. I've had two positive confirmations from the Garrison Tyrannus detachment. Everyone that I know has FX armor so I just want to be sure before I drop the big benjamins. Also, can anyone point me in the right direction for armor listings on this site or are they forbidden. Yes, I'm a newbie!!! :blink:

I ordered my suit from him on Friday -- my first suit!

Talked with him for about an hour about crafting stuff, he sounds like a real nice guy and has a huge passion for props.

I can PM you his email if you wish, he can ship you armor cheaper that way (no ebay fees).

I ordered my suit from him on Friday -- my first suit!

Talked with him for about an hour about crafting stuff, he sounds like a real nice guy and has a huge passion for props.

I can PM you his email if you wish, he can ship you armor cheaper that way (no ebay fees).

Thanks, but I've gotten his email already. I appreciate your confirmation and it makes me that much more confident to do business with them.

AP is top notch armor.

Don't forget to sign up to the Garrison Tyranus forums, if you haven't already. There are lots of great troopers in the area. www.va501st.com/forum

We have a great community here to help each other, why not head over and introduce yourself. :)

• 2 weeks later...
AP is top notch armor.

Don't forget to sign up to the Garrison Tyranus forums, if you haven't already. There are lots of great troopers in the area. www.va501st.com/forum

We have a great community here to help each other, why not head over and introduce yourself. :)

Ok, I cant find AP armor on ebay or online. I found a guy in teh UK that makes armor and says it is 501st standards. Where can I find it?

That man is apparently selling FX recasts, or so I have heard. You might wanna ask some more people for confirmation on this.

The guy in the UK is selling FX recast.

AP is a reputable supplier who's been providing really nice, screen-accurate trooper armor for years now.

Is AP in New York now?

I thought he was still in Canada. :unsure:

Would that guy be regulation for 501st? I cant find a AP seller/reseller. His shop on ebay is dead.

AP only sells on eBay occasionally-- typically if he has extras, or a "b" pull, which is pretty infrequent.

FX body armor is acceptable to get you in the 501st, but I believe the guy from the UK in this thread is selling knockoff FX. No bueno.

If you're interested in FX, do some searching for Tupperware TK and get the genuine article.

I'd recommend getting the FX Lite kit (no bucket), and a screen-accurate helmet.

Just my $.02.

So which is better the AP or the FX and if I make my ANH blaster from scratch is it 501st compatible.

AP, ATA, TM, TE are all more accurate than FX, but FX is easier to assemble.It all comes down to personal preference and how much $$ you want to spend. And yes you can make your own blaster.... In fact there are many fine examples of scratch built metal and PVC blasters on this forum.

The TE derived armor like the TE, TE2, AP and such were molded from a set of screen used armor. They represent everything a stormtrooper isn't. They show the asymetry, cadywompusness and flaws that make the stormtrooper beautifull. They look like what you saw in the movie. The Fx is a decent fan sculpt which is more idealized, symetrical and clean. It is good for trooping as they are very durable and will stand up to moderate abuse. They do not look very screen accurate to those that know better. Most of the general public wouldn't notice the differece. I do however, and the FX looks too perfect to me.. just doesn't look like the real deal like my TE armor does.

The TE derived armor like the TE, TE2, AP and such were molded from a set of screen used armor. They represent everything a stormtrooper isn't. They show the asymetry, cadywompusness and flaws that make the stormtrooper beautifull. They look like what you saw in the movie. The Fx is a decent fan sculpt which is more idealized, symetrical and clean. It is good for trooping as they are very durable and will stand up to moderate abuse. They do not look very screen accurate to those that know better. Most of the general public wouldn't notice the differece. I do however, and the FX looks too perfect to me.. just doesn't look like the real deal like my TE armor does.

AP, ATA, TM, TE

WTH?

Sorry, help a n00b here! What does these stand for?

Can't say enough about AP. I received mine about 2 weeks ago. Took about 2 1/2 weeks from order to arrival although I was lucky enough to catch him in the middle of an pre-Halloween run so if you catch him on an off time it may take longer but is worth it. Screen accurate and in more durable ABS. Mine came directly from Canada. I don't have the box anymore to tell you where exactly but it was somewhere right over the boarder from NY. Not the easiest to assemble but way better looking than my FX.

AP, ATA, TM, TE

WTH?

Sorry, help a n00b here! What does these stand for?

That okay, we have all been there too!

There acronyms for the different types of armo/armor makers.

u have plenty of time to do research, just read the threads and use your search engine.

i strongly suggest that u read before getting armor, this way u know what u are getting and know why your getting what u get.

That okay, we have all been there too!

There acronyms for the different types of armo/armor makers.

u have plenty of time to do research, just read the threads and use your search engine.

i strongly suggest that u read before getting armor, this way u know what u are getting and know why your getting what u get.

Very true. I bought a used FX suit off ebay 2 years ago without coming to this site first and without doing any research. Not that I regret it because it served as a Halloween costume and got me started in this hobby. But here I am 2 years later and 2 years more informed on the different types and buying all new armor. In the long run taking your time, doing your research, and planning your project will ultimately save you money and you will be far more rewarded with your results. Oh, and have fun with it.

Oh, and have fun with it.

That's the best single piece of advice, ever. No matter what you buy, the hobby progresses. State of the art this year will be ho-hum a few years later (with *very* few exceptions). Also, whatever you buy will get beat up over the years anyway if you troop.

So love your armor, have fun with it. But always realize that it won't be your last set of armor either.

That's the best single piece of advice, ever. No matter what you buy, the hobby progresses. State of the art this year will be ho-hum a few years later (with *very* few exceptions). Also, whatever you buy will get beat up over the years anyway if you troop.

So love your armor, have fun with it. But always realize that it won't be your last set of armor either.

How very true! and it wont be your last costume either!

AP only sells on eBay occasionally-- typically if he has extras, or a "b" pull, which is pretty infrequent.

FX body armor is acceptable to get you in the 501st, but I believe the guy from the UK in this thread is selling knockoff FX. No bueno.

If you're interested in FX, do some searching for Tupperware TK and get the genuine article.

I'd recommend getting the FX Lite kit (no bucket), and a screen-accurate helmet.

Just my $.02.

Not finding much on TK Tupperware. I would really like to see the FX vs the AP and any other acronyms. The AP is kinda pricey so I might wait till tax time to get it. Is the FX any better on price?

Very true. I bought a used FX suit off ebay 2 years ago without coming to this site first and without doing any research. Not that I regret it because it served as a Halloween costume and got me started in this hobby. But here I am 2 years later and 2 years more informed on the different types and buying all new armor. In the long run taking your time, doing your research, and planning your project will ultimately save you money and you will be far more rewarded with your results. Oh, and have fun with it.

How do I know if it is FX? so many copycats!

You can PM Deckard here as he is the same as tupperware. He is legit FX because many of us have confirmed that he is a legit source. If he were not, do you really think we'd let him sell here?