ANH special edition sandtroopers / Fanboys armor?

pandatrooper

These are both curiosity questions more than anything. I just saw Fanboys last week, and afterwards had to watch ANH (DVD SE) again.

Does anyone know who provided the armor for Fanboys and what type was it? FX? I noticed right off the bat that the shoulder straps were riveted on, and that they're using straight out of the box hasbro blasters :)

Also, for the "special edition" ANH, in the desert scene with the sandtroopers and CG dewbacks:

- I had read somewhere that they hired "Navy Seals" as the actors. Is this true? Why?

- What armor did they use for shooting those new scenes? I would assume these were filmed in the mid 90's. Did they resurrect older suits that LFL had on hand, or did they make new ones?

- Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the CG sandtrooper on the dewback? His helmet looks off (frown is wrong, tear traps are too low, eyes are wrong, faceplate looks like the wrong angle, and his shin and foot seem like weird proportions). It drives me insane...

I always wondered- If Fetts can dress up as the Special Edition Boba Fett (aka ESB helmet with ROTJ armor), could a Sandtrooper be a "Special Edition" Sandy (aka a dirty set of ROTJ)? I don't see why anyone would want want to, but just wondering.

These are both curiosity questions more than anything. I just saw Fanboys last week, and afterwards had to watch ANH (DVD SE) again.

Does anyone know who provided the armor for Fanboys and what type was it? FX? I noticed right off the bat that the shoulder straps were riveted on, and that they're using straight out of the box hasbro blasters :)

Also, for the "special edition" ANH, in the desert scene with the sandtroopers and CG dewbacks:

- I had read somewhere that they hired "Navy Seals" as the actors. Is this true? Why?

- What armor did they use for shooting those new scenes? I would assume these were filmed in the mid 90's. Did they resurrect older suits that LFL had on hand, or did they make new ones?

- Is it just me, or does anyone else hate the CG sandtrooper on the dewback? His helmet looks off (frown is wrong, tear traps are too low, eyes are wrong, faceplate looks like the wrong angle, and his shin and foot seem like weird proportions). It drives me insane...

First, if they used any "real" guy's+armour in the updated SW yes, it was just older ROTJ stuff with some replacement part's. The "Seal" trooper's never did on screan stuff. What was done was one (and yes he may have been Seal) real US soldier was hired to do some "action" posses like run with weapon, hold/aim/fire with weapon, in general do some stand/sit/prone with rifle, as he was "filmed" for CGI stuff. You know when they glue the little white ball's at main point's on your body the get movement shot's for a program to play with. They CGI'ed a Clone Trooper over him, stuff like that. They made in the program big battle action shot's of the clone's fighting the Sep droid's

The stormys (and trekkies and just about everyone else) in fanboys were from here, at the time the mos alba fanforce and now the mountain garrison's Dewback ridge squad. The movie itself was filmed right here in my home town of Albuquerque.

I always wondered- If Fetts can dress up as the Special Edition Boba Fett (aka ESB helmet with ROTJ armor), could a Sandtrooper be a "Special Edition" Sandy (aka a dirty set of ROTJ)? I don't see why anyone would want want to, but just wondering.

This has been discussed over at the MEPD webpages as well.

Yes, it is possible to make an SE sandtrooper, but it actually might be more difficult to pull it off than a normal ANH version.

And the main concensus was that ANH sandies are, after all, the original and coolest ones anyway... ;)

GO DIRTY! :D