classification of all six movies

secracium

i'm wondering what the correct term is for the saga in it's entirety. i mean, there's "trilogy", but i can't find the correct term for a series of six literary or dramatic works; "sixology" isn't even a word, but i've seen a lot of people using it. what are some of your opinions?

A full set of six would be called a sextet.

yeah, this is what i was looking for. i kept coming up with variations on this, i.e. sexology, etc . . ., but this is what i wanted. thanks.

i have an external terabyte HD and i've been ripping my dvd collection to it as well as adding some not so much purchased ones from netflix, so i've been categorizing and trying to label everything correctly.

LOL, well if it wasn't for the other movies, my wife would just believe I was a nutzo Star Wars geek. But the filled in story line (yes even JaJa), has changed her mind. Now that it makes more sense to her, she likes them all and doesn't groan when I play ANH for the 15th time in a month :)

Just out of curiousity, isn't sextet used about fx. a group of people, like duo and trio? Then there could be something else for movies. Trio and trilogy is two different words, and at least in music terms sextet "belongs to" duo, trio, quartet etc.

Just asking because I'm interested in this, being a teacher in both music and english (as a second language).

Found the answer on wikipedia, of course.

2 Duology, and to a lesser extent dilogy (Greek) have been used in some pairs of sci-fi novels.

3 Trilogy

4 Tetralogy Quadrilogy has been used to describe certain film series.

5 Pentalogy

6 Hexalogy

7 Heptalogy

8 Octalogy

9 Ennealogy

10 Decalogy

Well you have the Original Trilogy and then the other 6 hours of worthless CGI crap.

Um, has anyone else noticed how "out-of-sync" the clone troopers are when they are assembling on Kamino for Kenobi's review? I've seen high school marching bands that are more in sync, and these were supposed to be incredibly well trained soldiers????? :huh:

Personally, I'll still with the original ANH. Have the original copy on VHS, and burned it to DVD using software...also cleaned it up a little. Great to watch if I don't want to see the extra added people in Mos Eisley. Only downside...less Sandtroopers to watch. <_< Oh well, can't have everything.