Calfs too short!

nosamp

Hi all, I had a look to see if this had been covered already and couldn't find it but if so then appologies for being a blind git!

OK, after a few modifications (one under the way for this weekends troop) I've decided the problem with my legs (big black gaps) is my Calfs/Shins are just too short! (I've tried letting the thighs down a bit but then the black just gets moved to the top of my thighs, I've moved the ammo pack down and I've raised the calfs up the boots slightly)

I'm 6'2" so not a basketball player by any means but looking at photos (which pains me to do so now as ALL I see is the black gaps) it just looks cr@p. (I have FX)

So my question is, can I make them any longer and still look good or does anyone make a longer calf and if so will it reasonably match my FX?

Thanks

2B

Pics would be good.

Still, I have a similar issue so I can envision your problem. I get around it by letting my lower leg armor ride at the top of my boots. Since the boots themselves are white, no one really notices. I also pull my thigh armor up as far as it will go, which is about halfway up the drop boxes (I have big thighs). Better to have less black showing at the hips (which of course are closer to eye level) than at the knees.

As far as getting a longer set goes, I don't think there is one. RT Mod is generally considered the largest set, but it's larger in girth - not length.

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

My god, there's some crazy long legs. j/k! ;)

Mine are so short, in armour I walk like I've cacked me pants. :lol:

How about dropping the thighs an inch, or so to even up the black? Make sure you still have space to bend your knees!

My issue is I have chunky thighs that push the thighs down, so I have more black than I would like at the top and none at the knees which is as painful as it sounds. <_<

I contend that we need to offer up some Ewok sacrifices to the armor gods to create a longer thigh for us taller troopers. I have a similar issue, but not quite so bad.

Also looks like you might have attached your thigh power pack too high on the left thigh. Ideally, the left thigh should look longer than the right because the pack is attached at the very bottom of the thigh. That would cover another inch or so on that side and the knee plate makes up some of the difference on the right.

Pete have you considered surgery? :D

Yeah but Gary my helmet covers my face!! ;)

Also looks like you might have attached your thigh power pack too high on the left thigh. Ideally, the left thigh should look longer than the right because the pack is attached at the very bottom of the thigh. That would cover another inch or so on that side and the knee plate makes up some of the difference on the right.

Funnily I'm finishing that mod off tonight, so yeah I'm hoping that will help.

This is good advice looking at the banner in the back ground :D

......... now, now, play nice!

Thanks guys although I was hoping for a lead on longer calfs but no :mellow:

anyhoo I'll see how it looks after my mods and may post new pics ;)

2B

Crazy thought, could you lower your ab plate (to help with the black above your thighs), then lower the thighs?

Not at all mate, I have thought about it, I have just tried my thighs lower but then find it harder to walk as they interfere with the back of my knee. It's deffo the calfs.

I have just tried them on after my mods (dropped ammo pouch and fixed calfs to boots slightly higher than they sit normally) and it's better (I'll post pics after this weekends troop).

Still not perfect but I think a lottery win then 'custom made' armor and we'll be there! (or as Gary said surgery!!!) ;)

Seriously tho, I think I'll be looking at all the makes of armour and see which one is best for my build (suggestions very welcome) 6'2" and slim, and eventually upgrade.

Thanks for all the help guys, 'mucho grassy an impolite person' :D

2B

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing you could try to do is move the lower band from the right thigh down a bit, and re-rivet it. And then for the left shin, try and raise the plate up and re-rivet it? Not sure if that will buy you enough space, but worth a try?