Gos's ATA Armor Build![*ATA]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may not be that great and building. I really enjoy painting so here's now it went. I hope the colors are right. I'm also debating to not using the decals I ordered and just paint the rest of the helm lol. The light does make the gray look lighter.

Ā 

Picture009-1.jpg

Ā 

Picture013-1.jpg

Ā 

Picture012-1.jpg

PROGRESS! been slow but I find putting the snaps together quite enjoyable :)

Ā 

here is comes!

Ā 

Picture014-1.jpg

Ā 

snaps are awesome!

Ā 

Picture003-1.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Its so wonderful! yes Im holding up the thighs they are not connected to anything yet.

Picture004-1.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

comments? Suggestions?

May I ask why have you overcut the chest plate that way? :huh:

Ā 

Ā 

when I was test fitting, the chest was covering to much of the ab piece so I made the decision to trim, I admit I might have trimmed to much, however, I do like the way that the ab is more visible.

Ā 

do you think by trimming to much it will hinder any chances to getting EIB status?

Maybe if you make the curve you've cut reach out to the edges of the chest plate, rather than the kinda "Clone" shape you have right now, that might help the over-all look of it. Another solution would be getting a replacement chest and wearing you're ab plate lower.

Nice work! I hope I can get caught up with my build this weekend. So, are you going to polish and them weather for TD? look forward to seeing the finished result. B)

Ā 

thanks! Right now I'm REALLY leaning on the idea of not polishing I do like the really dull look. So I'm going to weather it and if I don't like it then I can just wipe off the paint and polish then weather again :)

Ā 

any more oppinions on the chest piece?

thanks! Right now I'm REALLY leaning on the idea of not polishing I do like the really dull look. So I'm going to weather it and if I don't like it then I can just wipe off the paint and polish then weather again :)

Ā 

any more oppinions on the chest piece?

Ā 

I hate to say it -- seriously, just thinking about it makes me wince with sympathy -- but I would strongly recommend replacing the whole chest piece.

I honestly think the curve is too high to salvage it. Not without completely sacrificing accuracy, anyway.

Ā 

Man-- I really don't want to be "that guy", and it kills me to rain on your parade, but that's my honest opinion.

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry, bro! :blush:

Ā 

**EDIT** --

You know what? I'm a big ol' jerk. Looking more closely at Luke's armor, you've got just enough room to emulate the original curve, I think.

Personally, I'd still replace it, but I was talking out of my butt when I said it was unsalvageable. Sorry for being a doofus. :wacko:

I hate to say it -- seriously, just thinking about it makes me wince with sympathy -- but I would strongly recommend replacing the whole chest piece.

I honestly think the curve is too high to salvage it. Not without completely sacrificing accuracy, anyway.

Ā 

Man-- I really don't want to be "that guy", and it kills me to rain on your parade, but that's my honest opinion.

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry, bro! :blush:

Ā 

**EDIT** --

You know what? I'm a big ol' jerk. Looking more closely at Luke's armor, you've got just enough room to emulate the original curve, I think.

Personally, I'd still replace it, but I was talking out of my butt when I said it was unsalvageable. Sorry for being a doofus. :wacko:

Ā 

Hey any helpful suggestions are appreciated :) I will look for some pics of lukes armor and see what I can do.

Hey any helpful suggestions are appreciated :) I will look for some pics of lukes armor and see what I can do.

Ā 

Thanks, Eric. I felt like I might have come off kinda snobby.

I'm glad you took it the way I intended. :)

Ā 

I completely ruined a leg, and a forearm when I was building my first suit, and was totally bummed about it.

In fact, this time around, I trimmed a little more off the cap n back than I wanted to. Now I have a small gap between the brow and the top of one ear. Grrr.

Been brainstorming about how I'm gonna fix it. :glare:

Ā 

Gonna' go post in my own thread now-- stumped about the trim line in the shoulder bells.

Ā 

Other than the chest plate, everything is lookin' first-rate!

ok trimmed the chest.....I'll need to sand it down a bit but other then that do ya'll think it looks better?

Ā 

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab72/Ki...o12/Picture.jpg

Ā 

YES!!! Nice job! :duim:

Ā 

That's a night and day difference!

Looks SOOOOO much better!

Well done!

Ā 

If you want to go one step further, do a search on the forum for "return edge mod".

There's some really helpful tutorials on how to put a lip on the curve, so you maintain the illusion of thickness.

thanks doug :) you have no Idea how nervous I was wile trimming hehe all I kept in mind was "I don't wana spend more money buying another chest"

Ā 

as far as the edge mod....think Im going to pass on that for right now but still an excellent Idea!